CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Deleted USer, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I heard a player was injured on one of the teams and will miss the rest of the season.

Didn't catch the name though.

2. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    lol like i said at the beginning our champions league is a joke to the rest of the world :)

3. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Are you thinking about Superliga? I don't recall this happening in this tournament, though it's very possible.

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Andrade from Cruz Azul

5. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only thing we've learned from this is that Santos bench players are not very good. I'm not talking about the PR game (That was useless), I'm especially talking about the Municipal game. They were outplayed and were bailed out by Vuoso.

No wonder Guzman only uses the same 13 or 14 players all year.

6. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I completely agree with you, we have no bench.

7. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the only way the refs will get better is by reffing more and better quality games. As far as the teams go, the level of play can be raised by playing consistently against better quality teams- who take a FIFA tourney seriously. THe superliga I can understand, even though it just sucks to lose to MLS teams period.

8. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn

The team should be playing in Primera in the 1st place

9. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    It has now happened at least once in both tournaments. Hopefully there are no others.

That's him.

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So the commissioner of the MLS has said that the CCL is not a priority of the MLS.

In regards to the CONCACAF Champions League, Garber said “Our credibility is being attacked but we want our clubs to focus on MLS…In reality, we are a business developing and to reconfigure our business model is not in our best interest.”

How many people think that Blazer is going to do jack to the MLS?

11. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    :confused:

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I agree with you on basically everything. although i like that they expanded the tournament. Concacaf needs to fix many thing but mexican teams should continue to win this so they can go to the CWC

13. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't like it because it just expands an already saturated fixture schedule. And at least for Mexican teams, it doesn't benefit them at all.

14. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I don't think the fixture schedule is too saturated considering that Mexico doesn't have a league cup. Non FIFA date friendlies and midweek league games do make things a bit difficult at times though.

The only benefit I see for Mexican teams coming out of this, with the exception of the monetary prize which probably isn't that big to begin with, is that it will allow for more time for the development of younger players.

15. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he means that blazer wont do anything to the MLS for using the reserves instead of the starters.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well if they got rid of the Interliga and the superliga then the schedule wouldn't be so congested.

17. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco
    They'll probably add a Sudamericana ticket to the Superliga prize to keep it alive.

18. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    I stopped attending Interliga and have never and will never attend a Superliga match.

19. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

And just what role did French-Canadians play in that particular conflict, exactly?

20. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    The comment was directed towards the second part of your post. In any case, a simple joke. The french-canadians haven't really done anything for any conflict, or at least anything worth mentioning.

21. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And my comment was intended to remind people that the French language is more than just what the majority of the population in France speak - it belongs as much to the French diaspora in North America as to anyone.

And while the French soldiers and militia in New France were enough to give the British fits up to and during the Seven Years' War (alongside their native allies) and under the British Crown helped defend Québec from attack in 1775 and went on to do their bit in helping to protect Montréal from American occupation in the War of 1812, there were more than a few francophones from Canada who fought in the First and Second World War - in regiments such as the Van Doos, who have been in battles as far apart as Ypres and Kandahar, and Le Régiment de la Chaudière, who hit Juno Beach as part of Canada's contribution to Operation Overlord - and who serve in the Canadian Forces as part of peacekeeping operations the world over.

But what they did not do was take part in a war on Mexican soil - so when you think of dissing the French language in future, would you mind remembering the rest of those who speak it?

(Yes, I am aware of the irony of how I myself was accused of doing something similar with castellano...)

22. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Everyone cut it out. If you want to talk about french canadians, do so in another thread or by PM. Any other message about this will be deleted.

23. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    UNAM vs Houston Dynamo Tonight 9 central