CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Deleted USer, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el chuntaro

el chuntaro New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Neverland Ranch
    Your twisting my point....I too root against MLS and USA Nat. Team thats ok,but when u twist clear facts then u have a problem,your hatred towards MLS and USA Team, have convince you to believe something thats not true.
    Look at it this way,99% percent of people would tell you the Mexican League is the 3rd best in the Americas behind Argentina and Brazil yet the Mexican has not won anything besides the Copa SudAmerica,when the Colombia,Ecuador,Paraguay, league have all won Copa Libertadores titles since Mexican Teams have participated, but anyone who is a realist will tell you that the Mexican League is far better than the Ecuador,Colombia,Paraguay league...you get it now?
    I for one like this tournament,besides the ************ refs and shite fields its 50 times better than the joke called Superliga
    ManU,Chelsea,Barca could have played the Reggaeton Islanders and would have lost yesterday,it was near impossible to pass the ball and the game was not about skill...
    Santos with Luduena back is one of the best teams in the Americas.....I cant think of a better team in Mexico maybe Pachuca but hard to say.

2. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    keep dreaming buddy keep dreaming.. it was equally as hard for the Islanders to pass and everything else..

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't twist anything you clearly stated that my dislike of the MLS makes me anti-American and xenophobic.

4. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How are you going to just dismiss the Copa Sudamaricana? I'm sure a lot South Americans will call it a bs tourney, but many were convinced that a Mexican team could never win it, Pachuca proved quite a few wrong beating a pretty good Colo Colo team. Additionally, The Mexican teams do a more than respectable showing at Libertadores. While the MLS teams struggle to get a draw on the road, MLS quality is very low imo...results are the only thing that will change my mind.

5. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So now all of a sudden Santos is one of the best teams in the Americas? :rolleyes:
    Wtf has Santos done to merit themselves that stature?

6. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good win for Azul, we started most of the starters except for three or four I believe. The loss to Maraton was embarrassing but this made up a little for it. I was expecting much tougher resistance from Saprissa. Props to them though for coming to play and not just bunkering.

I'm surprised the game wasn't stopped in Puerto Rico, that was a dangerous field. I do think the red should have been given to the goalie not the player, he completely faked the hit to the face.

7. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think it true either, they have to show it on the field.

8. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    Cruz Azul made me proud! :) poor saprissa

9. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those Quebec Twats!!

10. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Vive le Québec!

Et vive la langue francaise!

0-0 Impact-Atlante at the half.

11. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlante has got that it factor. Look, they are showing good team work and this is why they'll pull it out tonight. Just look at how they all left the field, as one squad. Their coach exudes class and it shows in his players. They all came to the aid of the one player that was fouled hard and then the Impact player still had the nerve to physically push the Atlante player down. Now WTF is that about? So as the Impact players continue to push already fouled players down, Atlante could make them pay on a set piece or two, or quite simply, make them pay by using the power of cool.

12. Nerroth

Nerroth Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    0-0 at full time, between the Impact and Atlante.

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    3-0 UNAM...

firpo is sucking bad

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Marathon 2-0 DC United.

Looks like the second best league in CONCACAF still hasn't won a single game in this competition. :rolleyes:

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pumas won 3-0

17. azulcremaporvida

Jan 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So is any club actually taking this seriously? As I understand it even the other, non-mexican clubs don't bring in their starters.

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mls teams suck ballz, hell U.S. teams suck balls, the only teams that are half decent is a canadian and a puerto rican team:D

19. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    looked like dc had their starting line up last night. they were dominated completely. second best league... haha. still haven't won a game in this tourney. in fact, out of seven games played by MLS sides, they've only been able to score two goals, one each versus the mighty joe public and tauro fc. meanwhile they have conceded 13. from what i've seen USL teams seem to play much better than MLS, but that's not saying much.

20. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Except on the fifth of May.

21. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I went to the Islanders vs Santos game on tuesday. That was by far the worst game I've ever seen live. The field was total crap as it not only did it rain horribly during the game but it had been raining horribly all weekend (I think it was the most rain in 50 years). The bad thing is that it was pretty clear during the day, it reminded me of the Mexico-Panama game where during Mas Deporte it was real sunny and had the game been played at 12, it would have been able to be played.

Still it was an embarassment in every way. The only good thing was meeting Fernando Arce, Lorito Jimenez, etc. Still what pissed me off was that Arce was sitting there for 90 minutes and this stupid concacaf league meant he missed the Chile game so he could sit and watch that crapfest. Same thing with others like Cacho (who played but wasn't needed) and people from Atlante.

And I felt I was in Guatemala or something when Muncipal wins against our B clubs and they celebrate it like they won the world cup or something. PR Islanders have improved but spare me. Like anybody gave a crap about this shit tournament.

22. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only reason people say it's a shit tournament is because of the level of most of the teams in Concacaf. But it's a Fifa tourney and IMO should be taken seriously.

23. Chivin

Chivin Member

Aug 4, 2006
    LA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    as the wise profe cruz said a few days ago: for this tourney to be taken seriously by the teams, CONCACAF should be taking it seriously too. And there is no seriousness about allowing 2 teams to play in a field like the one in Puerto Rico, or the fields in Panama.

24. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It's a shit tournament in every sense of the way especially for the FMF. The teams suck, the ref suck worse. Mexican teams don't get any benefit at all from playing the tournament. Sure it's should be taken seriously and not cake walked but I also hate all the concacaf whining about how the FMF should take it seriously when it doesn't benefit them at all and it just a money making scheme. Their old tournament was pretty bad and all the did was expand it just diluting it even more.

25. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well not necessarily we got a couple of relevations did me might have not seen in the CCC other then that the tourney is crap