CONCACAF and CONMEBOL should merge.

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by dodgers323, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Combined Copa America and Gold Cup into 1: 16 teams (8+8) once every 4 years

No they didn't. Their sponsorship of Copa Libertadores is with CONMEBOL, not FMF, and they know pretty well that if they decide to leave for whatever reasons, there are many other companies willing to replace them. All they did is say that they prefered that the issue be solved for the sake of everyones interest in this bargain. You are very naive believing that the FMF is so important to us regarding money.

For anyone regarding CONMEBOL, the eventual withdrawal or retirement of any of its members, would be much more damaging than whatever you guys mean to us. Even the smaller Bolivia (as an example, not wanting to disrespect them), are 100 or even 1000 times more important to us, than whatever Mexico can mean to us. Relating to this issue, CONMEBOL is pretty well united in regards to anyone outside from us. Even when FIFA banned us from all international competition, after the bengal incident back in 1989, CONMEBOL gave us their support and we played normally in regional tournaments. Or when FIFA established that no one should dispute games in qualifiers for the WC at high altitude cities, we all laughed at their call and played in la Paz and Quito anyway. We are not a big confederation, but despite our regional diferences, we are pretty well united among us, and regarding the decission that the Brazilian or Urugayan teams took back then, we all backed them up as it being a correct call. Life is not a matter to bargain with, if it regards to football, and by then your country was under a hazardous epidemic of a disease not well known back then that unfortunately, honestly speaking, killed many in your country.

2. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Combined Copa America and Gold Cup into 1: 16 teams (8+8) once every 4 years

Stop arguing with them! let them believe what they want to believe. Santander pressuring who? Brasil's Economy alone is TWICE as big as Mexico plus their 30 million in the USA sending back money to feed their families. The Copa Sudamericana is more popular than ever and it doesn't include.....You guess it!!!

3. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

santander was behind us saying that they mainly got there cause they wanted more exposure in the mexicazn market (mex and us)....bolivias opinion is more important huh....then why conmebol did not trow us out when the majority of members like you said before did no want us in (every single one is 1000 more important according to you :rolleyes: ) every one is more important so back in 2009 it was an easy choice JUST TAKE OUR WORD LISTEN TO THE ONES AGAISNT US THAT ARE 1000 TIMES MORE IMPORTANT AND SHOW US THE DOOR ,I WONDER WHY THEY DID NOT DO IT,.....jjejejej money is what matters in conmebols mind,notbolivia,uruguay,chile or whoever you say.

lets see mexico nevver refused to play in argentina during their brutal dengue epidemy so ?

i never said you guys werent united,your officials are very united in keeping us no matter what you have to do or who you have to upset ;)

4. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

of course brazils economy is bigger than mexico,true as well as it is 6 times bigger than argentinas the second economy in south america....thats why the second biggest economy in latinoamerica mexico works pretty good in conmebol officials mind,because they dont only get mexicos economic power (wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than argentina ;)) but they also get the millions of supporters that mexico has in USA,wich makes the whole package wayyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyy more important than argentina the second more importantmarket in south america.....kiddo,combine mexicos whole market and brazils market and youll get why conmebol became a whore.

5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Wow, then you guys sure must be happy being in CONCACAF, where you share success with your neighbours.
    :p

You may have some money, but in football, which is the issue here and the strongpoint in CONMEBOL, you suck bad. While we on the other hand have lots of WC's to prove whom we are, and the reason why you want to mix yourself with us. (to be able to say that you regularly play with the big boys)

6. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

AND BY WE YOU MEAN brazil,argentina and way back in time uruguay right......you gotta love the south americans that think that they are the same as the brazilians or argentinians heheheheheheh :D.......and the REASON we play against you is we are using you for trinning cause other tahn USA,costarica and some other central american teams there aint not much up here kiddo,i dont give a shit about anything else.

ps. concacaf is a whore too,a sluttier whore at that but conmebol is not that far from concacaf =D

1 person likes this.
  7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Then again Santander also said that CONMEBOL had the last word on who played and who didn't, of course being spaniards they don't like others setting the rules, but eh you're too proud of the spanish bank.

Which existed only in certain areas of Argentina just like in other south american countries.:rolleyes:

Also like it or not you're invitees so you play where you're told you don't like it happened.

At least we have something to share, not sure about you guys.

8. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i dont care if they are spaniards or martians....as well as i dont give a shit about the bank itself they were not doing it for free they picked a side because of money,and they did,whether you like it or not.

as well as the swine flu was also in certain mexican areas not the whole country.

yes we are invitees so we should have had been kicked out back in 2009,i mean we dare to disrespect the almighty full of history and world cups conmebol whe should have been shown the door,where were the balls to do it after all as invitees LIKE YOU SAY WE HAVE TO OBEY OR BE PUNISH :rolleyes:

something to share ? only you every other argentinian i came across barely aknowledges brazil as their equals and considers the rest of conmebol as crap......besides i dont claim mexico as a world futbol power but you guys talk as if we were inferior to every single team in conmebol and thats simply NOT TRUE......mexico,usa,costarica and maybe some other team can easely play with any conmebol team.

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah, but if anything it's thanks to the bank that you're in it, in the end it isn't like CONMEBOL couldn't get another sponsor without the mexicans if they wanted.

Oh well.

You're happy to be dealing with the crooks of CONMEBOL, if you're treated like dirt and you guys don't like it always remember, dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres.

Perhaps, but I am not every other argentine you came across, yeah they could and so probably play with any team of CONMEBOL, so what, so could Slovakia probably and that was directed to CONCACAF in general not just Mexico. And his point remains, if you guys can get so much money use it on CONCACAF and leave us alone.

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

No, we are not the same as them, but we are all together on this one, our Confederation designated as CONMEBOL, so I can call it as "we", as we are all members here of it. While you belong to Concacaf, and don`t have no vote here at all, and of course can`t refer to any of them as being together with you guys, like I can. Of course all the titles of each of our members can be presented as being part of our whole Confederation legacy, which means that we've won 9 WC, and lots of other 2nd, 3rd or 4th places, while in your Confederation you can`t consider any joint WCs, because not even one of your 35 or so members has ever won one at all, in fact your only best place, was a third place back in 1930, and it wasn`t Mexico but your northen neighbours the ones who achieved it. In final 4 standings of the WC, Mexico doesn`t even exist, oh yes, at least we (Chile) add one third place to Conmebol's achievements. It isn`t much, but it is lots more than what many countries have, your Mexico included among them. Oh yes, in the WC, we own you, as we beat the shit out of you guys, the only time we faced each other.

Btw, now that you also named the big fish here in CONMEBOL, and in order to get back in topic, you should know that among CONMEBOL members who have least desire to have you around here, are precisely all 3 of them, while you still can catch some (not much and very limited) simpathy among the rest of the 7 members, and as you continue to disregard their authority or importance as CONMEBOL members, each day you are losing the little simpathy you still have.
    Why do you think it was Mr. Leoz, who is from Paraguay, the one who visited you, and not Grondona or Texeira ?.....don`t answer this, just think about it a little bit...
    :p

In my case, I 'm just a fan, with no national power here to decide for my country, and I prefer to simply talk about it, without closing the door, as I am doing it now, but deep inside me, I believe you guys (Mexico), don`t belong here, as day after day you continue failing big and in fact I also believe you will never change your overall atitude. But Concacaf, are many nations, and maybe with the rest of them there is still a chance to get somewhere, but not in our specific tournaments, for christ's sake, not in them.

11. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

hehehe thanks to the bank ? its thanks to the whole mexican market not a single bank ;) and yes they can get other sponsors but NOT the same amount of money without us.

im not happy to be dealing with the shitheads of conmebol but in a world of crooks you cant avoid them so yuo have to del with them,and the dirt treatment is both ways my friend.

point what point,all he said was "we are superior and the world cups other countries win count as mine".....so what point again.......and concacaf also gets a shitload of money thanks to us,yet the shitheads of concacaf keep it for themselves and dont give a shit abou the rest of members THATS WHY WE MAKE OUR DEALS OUTSIDE CONCACAF, but thanks to us concacaf survives.

so MY point is majority of conmebol is no better than us,so dont talk shit you dont have arguments to back up.

12. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

:D the same shit with more words "i claim what others win" we are not losing simphaty because we didnt have any to begin with........so in your own words......any conmebol members opinion counts 1000 times more so i guess brazils,argentinas,uruguays count 10 000 times more.....SO THEN AGAIN WHY WE WERENT KICKED OUT BACK IN 2009 ?

ahhahahahaha i would love to see what braziliand and argies in you tube,goal.com,yhoo answers,etc,etc would say about you claimimg THEIR WINS as yours hahahahah they are always talking crap about the rest of conmebol.....but you keep at it ,it makes me laugh

you keep clinging to your 3erd place and thinking we are nobodies meanwhile we keep growin LIKE WE ARE DOING whether you like it or not,plus we are young to copa america tourneys,and even newer to copa lib.....we have done preety good in such amall time.....how long does chile has participating again ?.............we are already growin very good young generations and prepering ourselves for the future meanwhile you keep clinging to the TROPHIES of other countries that dont give a shit abou you ;)

so if you dont like us take it to your officials that are the ones whoring up your confederation =D comprende amigo

13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Very simple, if you only use your brain a little bit and think about it, you wouldn`t be asking foolish questions. But as it is hard for you to do so, I'll tell you :

The FMF announced they were going to quit, so nobody needs to kick them out. How can you kick out, someone who has already retired itself, and isn`t around no longer ?

Once again you fail in using your brain, I'm not claiming their wins as mine. All I said is that we (Conmebol) have won many WC's, which is not the same thing that you are stupidly arguing.

In ranks according to achievements, first you have to have at least one achievement to be considered in that list. We have one, so we are there, together with the USA who also has achieved the same amount of times of the same achievement. Mexico, as most nations aren't there, because you don`t have any. It's very simple and you don`t need to be a erudite to figure it out. Oh yes, we aren`t one of the best, that's for sure, no shame about it, but we have had our moment of glory, while "others" never had. Maybe if we get the chance to host the WC again, we could add another moment of glory, because as a fact, we did manage to get the best of it, when we had our only opportunity to host, while there is "another" team that has had 2 opportunities to host it, and failed in both. No one else in the world had failed twice in this attempt, They sure are big suckers.
    No wonder we recently beat them......, but to be truth with it, everybody who faced them there, beated them as well
    :)p)

14. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :rolleyes: not using my brain ? im not the one making statments about how bolivias opinion is 1000 times more important,and that majority of conmebol members were against us and then when it comes the moment of truth..................is nothing,SO HOW IS IT THAT CONMEBOL IGNORED THE OPINION OF SOMEONE 1000 TIMES MORE IMPORTANT ACCORDING TO YOUR BRILLIANT BRAIN AND STATEMENTS,why didnt take our word and accept it IF like you said the majority was against us and every single one of them is 1000 times more important so what is it then are you finaly gonna stick to something you say or YOU GONNA KEEP CHANGING YOUR LOGIC YET AGAIN =D

yeah you recently beat our under 22 team what an achievement, and back when we hsted the world cups mexico was a mess we did not have any real exposure to international game and we were just plain AWFUL,so you are bringing what the USA did back at the beggining of the 1900s yeah brilliant.........mexico organized the world cups in a bad time of our futbol history but if we get one now we would get into the top 4,but since talking about ifs its a childs game,its not worth it,but what its a reality is that we keep producing young talented players like never before and we have a bright future we are actualy moving forward not hoping like you for another host t do something, yeah we are the suckers,winning 2 youth WC that ceartainly arent worth much as trophies but it gives you knowledge as to who has a brigther future if not ask SPAIN who was like you said countries that didnt achieve much (not even a third place) but working on thr youth did what everyone thought imposible for them ,win a world cup,now im not comparing spain to mexico they are wayyyyyyyyy better and ahead of us,but comparing to chile that has ALWAYS played in a better conferation when we were isoletad for more than half a century up here,we are passing you by pretty quick,already doing what you chileans have never done before WINNING official fifa tournaments,so yeah keep dreaming of that third place and our failures back in the day when mexico was an isolated futbol country, but reality nowdays is a whole different matter and you dont need to be an erudite ;) to see that mexico is leaping forward faster than chile,we no longer are that isolated country from the north that was naive and did not know how to get what they want ,so enjoy that distant third place while we keep working on our final goals while using you guys as we please to achieve them goals =D

and by no means im claiming that we are a world class team but we certainly are working on it.

by the way im gonna laugh when we host a copa america i bet everyone is gonna curse on us i mean how dare these mexicanitos host our prestigious tourney heheheheh :D

15. southamerican1984

southamerican1984 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 10, 2005
    I think is sad how mexicans don't show any appreciation towards south america... you mexican people enjoy watching your teams competing against south americans, now, please tell me what does the AVERAGE south american wins by having mexicans in our tournaments? do we get any money from rich mexican fans? no, we don;t!

why mexican fans talk so much about how important their money is for conmebol? what are you talking about? if conmebol needed money, wouldn't it be smarter to invite China instead of Mexico? I mean, China's economy is huge, it would make sense to invite China if indeed conmebol needed money.
    August is coming , and guess what! nissan sudamericana is comming! and mexicans aren't invited, and the tournament so far has been a success!

I want to ask a favor to mexicans fans, could you please play south american qualifiers? :rolleyes:

16. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005

Barrabru, como estas? no me agrada que la libertadores o copa america la jueguen no sudamericanos, sin embargo la conmebol ganaria mucho si nos unieramos con la concacaf, asi clasificariamos todos los sudamericanos al mundial.....

17. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Estás completamente loco si crees que ellos se atreverían. En el fondo, son puras bravatas, pero llegado el momento de la verdad, se corren, pues igual nos tienen miedo

Si por mí fuera fusionaría CONMEBOL con CONCACAF y haría una sola Confederación, (obviamente habría que discutir como conformar la directiva, pues no estoy dispuesto a aceptar que pequeñas islitas nos dicten la pauta de como hemos de jugar), pero con todo lo que eso significa, una Copa continental de naciones, una copa de clubes campeones de liga, una copa de campeones de Copa, un solo proceso eliminatorio para todas las categorías. En el fondo lo mismo que existe ahora para cada Confederación, pero una sola para todo, nada separado. Obviamente, para lo que sería la "Copa América", solo el campèón de la misma clasificaría para la Copa confederaciones, pues seríamos una sola confederación y sería injusto con las otras confederaciones que solo pueden llevar un representante,.............pero.....¿ de qué estoy hablando ?, no se atreverían por temor a nunca más ganar nada.
    :rolleyes:

18. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005
    Rickdog:
    I liked what you said in your message number 338.. Is so true what you said.. copa america is a south american tournament, unfortunately, people from concacaf think that they have a right to play copa america!! that's as ridiculous as an Asian claiming that he has a right to play the euro cup!! for those who don't know, the official name of the tournament is "Campeonato sudamericano copa America" http://www.ca2011.com/regulamento.pdf

19. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005
    A mi tambien me gustaria que se unieran la conmebol y concacaf, pero los mexicanos y otros de la concacaf solo quieren jugar en sudamerica en condicion de invitados, por ejemplo ellos quieren jugar la copa America pero se quieren ganar su cupo a la copa confederaciones en la copa oro, lo cual se me hace injusto. Lo que yo mas deseo es que todos juguemos las eliminatorias juntos.. A mi me da tristeza que los sudamericanos suframos en nuestras eliminatorias, y que solo tengamos 4.5 cupos, mientras en la concacaf tienen eliminatorias muy faciles.

20. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    show apreciation ? i READ a lot of shit comments from south americans here in bigsoccer and other places A LOT, so i dont give a shit anymore i ONLY talk shit about conmebol when you guys are talking shit about us............so respect is a two way street respect us and we will respect you..........plus we are not playing for free its not my fault that your corrupt officials steal the money and the average jose in south doesnt get nothing..........THE SECOND CONMEBOL LET US PLAY IN YOUR TOURNAMETS FOR FRE AND WITHOUT TROUBLE IS THE MOMENT IM GONNA BE TRULY GRATEFUL as long as we pay for it i dont need to be grateful cause you are not doing it cause you are buena gente ;)

21. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and the brilliant chilean using his brilliant logic writes again...........miedo talvez a brazil y argentina y mas que nada solo es respeto en la cancha por sus logros ..........pero a chile miedo jajajajajaja solo risa das pobre diablo ni que chile fuera brasil.........como lo dije antes estos sudamericanos que se cuelgan los logros de los brasileños y argentinos dan risa ;)

22. elcibernetico24

Jun 28, 2008
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    solo queremos jugar de invitados ? y como sabes eso nos conoces a todos ,sabes la opinion de todos nosotros o solo eres otro sudamericano de logica brillantes que hace comentarios a lo tonto,a mi tambien me gustaria que se unieran las confederaciones pero hay tantas trabas y la mayoria son de ustedes que siempre dicen esto y el otro, que somos in feriores y no se que mas,las trabas siempre son de su lado,por eso yo opto por seguir como estamos pero si no fueran tan lloronas yo no dudaria en tomar la palabra y unir las confederaciones.....pero no vengas aui de dramatico como si fueran unas locas alegando cosas que no tienen ni idea.

23. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Yeah, but thank to the crooks you get the chance to play in OUR tournaments.

Sure, yet you still don't have anything to brag about of course money but that only gets you so far.

Exactly, they don't need money they want more money for themselves that's why people doesn't understand why Japan gets invited, it could be for the sake of money it could be the Philippines or Liechtenstein, they're confused into the delusion that it's because they're from the americas.

24. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005

CONMEBOL VS. CONCACAF
    FIFA World Cup 1930 1st-Round 16-7-1930 Chile 3-0 México
    FIFA World Cup 1930 1st-Round 17-7-1930 Usa 3-0 Paraguay
    FIFA World Cup 1930 1st-Round 19-7-1930 Argentina 6-3 México
    FIFA World Cup 1930 Semifinal 26-7-1930 Argentina 6-1 Usa
    FIFA World Cup 1950 1st-Round 24-6-1950 - Rio de Janeiro Brazil 4-0 México
    FIFA World Cup 1950 1st-Round 2-7-1950 - Recife Chile 5-2 Usa
    FIFA World Cup 1954 1st-Round 16-6-1954 - Geneva Brazil 5-0 México
    WC Qualifyer 1962 - Play-off: 1st-Leg. México 1-0 Paraguay
    South American team 2nd-Leg. Paraguay 1-1 México
    Concacaf Zone Winners México won 2-1 on agg.
    FIFA World Cup 1962 1st-Round 30-5-1962 - Viña del Mar Brazil 2-0 México
    FIFA World Cup 1966 1st-Round 19-7-1966 - London Uruguay 0-0 México
    FIFA World Cup 1974 1st-Round 23-6-1974 - Munich Argentina 4-1 Haiti
    FIFA World Cup 1982 1st-Round 23-6-1982 - Alicante Argentina 2-0 El Salvador
    FIFA World Cup 1990 1st-Round 16-6-1990 - Turin Brazil 1-0 Costa Rica
    FIFA World Cup 1994 1st-Round 22-6-1994 - Los Angeles Usa 2-1 Colombia
    FIFA World Cup 1998 1st-Round 21-6-1998 - Paris Argentina 5-0 Jamaica
    FIFA World Cup 2002 1st-Round 13-6-2002 - Suwon Brazil 5-2 Costa Rica
    FIFA World Cup 2006 1st-Round 15-6-2006 - Hamburg Ecuador 3-0 Costa Rica
    FIFA World Cup 2006 1st-Round 20-6-2006 - Kaiserslauterm Paraguay 2-0 T&T
    WC Qualifyer 2010 - Play-off: 1st-Leg. Costa Rica 0-1 Uruguay
    South American 5th placed team 2nd-Leg. Uruguay 1-1 Costa Rica
    Concacaf 3rd placed team Uruguay won 2-1 on agg.
    FIFA World Cup 2010 1st-Round 16-6-2010 - Nelspruit Chile 1-0 Honduras
    FIFA World Cup 2010 1st-Round 22-6-2010 - Rustenburg Uruguay 1-0 México

conclusion
    22 matches between conmebol and concacaf
    16 times won conmebol
    3 times won concacaf
    3 times there was a tie

http://footballmundial.tripod.com/versus/america-afr_asia.htm

I'm sorry man, but those numbers show a huge supremacy of south america over concacaf, you are disrespecting Chile, and Chile defeated a team from concacaf in the last world cup.

Don't lie, you know very well that if we combine conmebol and concacaf, that would hugely benefit south american national teams. And such merge would have a negative effect on Mexico and the U.S. , because these teams would never again qualify to every world cup.

25. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005
    That's right Andres.......Check out some of copa america regulations

1. The South-American Football Confederation will organize a tournament called the “Copa América South-American Championship”, in which the best National Team of each affiliated National Association will be obliged to take part in.

1.1 On the occasion of the Tournament, the Executive Committee will be entitled to invite 2 (two) affiliated institutions from other FIFA recognized Confederations.

http://www.ca2011.com/organizacao_regulamento.php

so in conclusion, when it comes to inviting other teams, conmebol doesn't care if x team is from concacaf or uefa, they all are the same, they're outsiders.