Comments Unrelated to Football

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Antario2, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There once was aposter who thought it were Muslims that pose a threat to science, because of their religion:

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How delusional does one have to be to think Islam doesn't pose a threat to science

But considering you're pro censorship I'm sure you support this as well.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think you are generalizing way too much on this. There are a lot of fine scientists in the US who came from Islamic countries. Now maybe they have given up on religion; that's something I don't know.

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have to agree with O14, there are plenty of universities in Islamic countries who teach sciences.

I think its only the radicals who are against it. Thats until they have to recruit and radicalize youngster online into ISIS, and then suddenly they become very accepting of a technological inventions like the internet

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How many scientific discoveries have been made in Muslim countries? How many Muslim Nobel prize winners are there?

There's a reason those people left those Islamic countries.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^There are some Egyptian Nobel Prize winners. Pakistan has very good high energy physics programs which is why they were able to develop a nuclear device on their own. I'm not denying your point about the backwardsness of some branches of Islam, but it's not 100% that way.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  7. Oh dear, just saw on the news that in and around the cties of Eindhoven, Tilburg and Helmond 70 km of public road is destined to be testing ground for self driving cars. I know where I donot want to be.

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There have been 900 Nobel Prize winners in total. Just 12 of them were muslim while they have 20+% of the world's population. Of those 12 only 2 were for actual sciences, the others were peace prizes and 1 for literature.

By comparison, Jews have 0,2% of the world's population and 196 Nobel Prize winners.

I think it has something to do with culture/religion...

9. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Stealing european state-secrets in the NL about how to enrich uranium and more helped..

10. I have the feeling both you and BD completely missed the point I made.

11. #2037 feyenoordsoccerfan, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...a-helped-obamacare-in-spite-of-itself/520851/

But dogged, behind-the-scenes reporting and sharp analysis of fissures among policy elites do not capture another important contributor to last week’s failure—one Josh Barro came closest to unpacking in a column titled, “Republicans lied about healthcare for years, and they're about to get the punishment they deserve.”

The article isn’t an attack on conservatives and libertarians

Now the GOP has total control of both Houses and the Presidency they now are fully responsible for everything that happens and the shit they throw at the people and they now cannot lie anymore about anything to blame the Dems, because the Dems have no power. So the full rage of the people will be on them.
    The GOP voters are stupid, but not that stupid all but the most imbecil to fall into the lie of Trvmp that it's the Dem's blame the repeal of the Obamacare and installment of the Trvmp mess didnot take place.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I listened to an expert on the news, he said self-driving cars will eventually be much safer than human drivers.

Not sure I believe that, but we shall see

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Or IQ

14. I will see it from a safe distance with a "verrekijker";)

15. Well, to be honest he didnot exactly steal it. We practically gave it to him, Khan that is.

16. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #2042 curbo, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Yeah, complete incompetance from our (and all of europe afterwards when he started buying the equiptment he needed from european companies with the blessing of our governments) part when it comes to security and vetting yeah, but he was such a nice guy at work after all why not let him illegally take documents/items home and let him see stuff he was not classified to see and take notes in urdu ;)

Later president/prime minister of Pakistan saying in '65 :“We will eat even grass if we have to but we will make the nuclear bomb.” was no cause for concern..

17. Funny how English people mentioned the Bruxelles bureaucrats deciding over their lives without Parliaments peoples representatives approval was the reason for them to be disgusted about the EU.
    Now the British gouvernment ministers plan to use Great Repeal Bill powers to make 1,000 'corrections' to EU laws without any parliamentary vote. That include workers protection rights, safety rules etc. Without consent of Parliament! Wow, that's an improvement!
    upload_2017-3-30_12-19-2.png

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Charles could use a haircut

19. Better long haired than short sighted;)

20. How long until someone of Team Trvmp is charged with high treason.
    https://thinkprogress.org/clinton-w...russia-fake-news-trail-of-bodies-1900e6fde054
    Former FBI agent details how Trump and Russia team up to weaponize fake news
    Trump “has used Russian active measures at times, against his opponents.”
    [​IMG]
    Clint Watts, right, a Senior Fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute Program on National Security testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Capitol Hill on March 30. CREDIT: AP Photo/Susan Walsh
    During the first public Senate Intelligence Committee hearing about Russia’s meddling in the presidential election on Thursday, former FBI special agent Clint Watts explained how Russia and the Trump campaign team up to weaponize fake news.

Asked by Rep. James Lankford (R-OK) about why Russian President Vladimir Putin decided to make more of an effort to interfere in the 2016 presidential election than in years past, Watts, who is now a a fellow at George Washington University’s Center for Cyber and Homeland Security, said, “the answer is very simple and it’s what nobody is really saying in this room.”

21. I really want that Breitbart bloke behind bars..
    Lock them up..Lock them up..Lock them up..

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And he offers no evidence whatsoever.
    All talk, no action. Clearly a kangaroo court

23. Hihihi, you're so funny some times:thumbsup:
    But you will get a special visitors pass to look them up, after we locked them up:D