Coming to Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland: NSR' started by aloisius, Sep 19, 2006.

1. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I’m thinking about traveling to your country very soon. I hope I don’t get in trouble for saying this , but I’ll be looking for work. I’ve been studying with unsatisfactory successes , so I’ll need to make some money to complete my studies.

I have experiences as general assistant in gastronomy, in agriculture and with metal work. I don’t mind any kind of work and I’m willing to work as many hours a week as possible.

What are the chances of finding such work?

How expensive would lodging be? I would only be looking for something very basic.

2. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There is plenty of work in the construction sector and the pay is quite good. Everything in Ireland is mad expensive though. You could expect to pay €100 per week to rent a room in any of the big cities. Don't bother with agriculture as our farmers would screw you!

3. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Only when they are lonely......

4. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    100 euros a week is a lot? Sounds good to me. :D

I'm halfway considering going to another English-speaking country for work to just see what the rest of the world looks like and all that stuff. Not serious yet, just testing the waters. I am a mechanical engineer currently, so I'd be skilled labor (or at least I'm told I'm skilled :D).

I'm a native U.S. citizen with no connections to Britain or Ireland save ancestry with the latter. I know work permits are a b**** for Britain, is that an issue in Ireland? Are there a lot of jobs right now?

Don't care if it's Northern or the Republic. It all looks the same from over here.

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Emmmmm.........the North is Britian.........

6. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that Northern Ireland was only a part of the United Kingdom and not of Great Britain?

7. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    How about medical testing? Anyone need subjects?

8. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    That would be correct.....