Columbus vs. Vancouver, 3/31, 3pm, Matchday 4

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Mar 28, 2018.

?

Result of 3/31 match vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

Poll closed Mar 31, 2018.
  1. Win by 2 or more goals

28.9%
  2. Win by 1

63.2%
  3. Draw

2.6%
  4. Lose by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lose by 2 or more

5.3%
  1. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I walked in well before the anthem and there was a box sitting there but no one passing them out

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't the "Action Team" or whatever they're called now all interns? Last I heard, they were.

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know it is comments like this one from you that causes me to pause. I really like Kei. From the time he was drafted, I have always really liked Kei. I cringed when the “Columbus reject” chant started up on Saturday. Needless to say, I did not participate. Those sort of things only provide fuel to guys like Kei.

I was sad to see him go the first time around. So when we got him back in 2015, I was pretty stoked.

When that whole PK fiasco went down, I was not paying too much attention. However, the news was painted across my social media when he was traded. I investigated. I like Higuaín, but I have never really loved Higuaín (no offense to him because I do respect and like him). I never really understood much of why they had such a messy fallout. Men, I suppose.

And then I start thinking about Meram. Oh Justin. My Markus is still heartbroken over Meram. When asked at this past match by a former BS poster, Markus said that his favorite player was Justin Meram. He sometimes remembers to put in the “but he is not on Crew anymore.” This time he forgot.

The person looked over at me and said “I asked the wrong question. Sorry.”

Oh well. It happens. The kid loves deeply like his mother.

You and I have rarely seen eye to eye on favorite players – spanning from Elliott, Mendoza, and Tchani. Maybe we could have come to an agreement on Meram and Kei. Who knows?

I like this Zardes kid.

Agreed. My morning consisted of texts saying “where are you, I thought you were going to be here at 10, the Easter egg hunt was supposed to be going on early, etc.” No Sunday morning rewatching for our household.

Your first part sounds awful, but the second part sounds awesome.

I agree. I wish the STC chant was put into the mix more. I will probably sound like an old curmudgeon, but I would love to hear some of the classic chants that we did years ago. Things like when we started off the game with “here we go, here we go.” Some of the newer (to me) chants are done much more frequently than some of the chants I personally prefer. Also, wise men say needs to be repeated more times during that late time in the game that it is reserved for (x10).

Oh well. This commentary should not be taken as a slight to anyone. I cannot say enough how utterly ecstatic I am that the section goes 90+ minutes. What a goddamn beautiful event to behold.

Draghignazzo and General Disarray repped this.
  4. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were flyers. I had some & got there late.

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They also do not have Saturday as a standard playing date as MLS does. Nor do they play any regular season games in September. Nor do they lose almost a month of their season in October due to the QH Congress. But Friday night is a regular NHL date. Heck of a lot easier for the NHL to avoid Saturdays. Or are you suggesting the Crew play on Friday and go head to head with HS football??

Look, I have no doubt that the league is trying to screw up the Crew. But that doesn't mean everything they do is designed to do that either. There are almost unavoidable challenges with the scheduling.

Minnman repped this.