Columbus Crew vs Chester Bimbo Boys | Match 31 - Sep. 29, 2018 7:30 PM ET

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Sep 24, 2018.

?

What will be the result of the Crew's 09/29/18 match vs Philadelphia?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2018.
  1. Win by two or more goals

21.6%
  2. Win by one goal

48.6%
  3. Canadian Win (née Tie)

2.7%
  4. Lose by one goal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lose by two or more goals

8.1%
  6. Ghana Win: any Ghanaian Crew player gets a goal or assist & Crew win by 2 or more (worth 2 points!!)

16.2%
  7. "A goal itself is but a shadow." - Pedro Santos

2.7%
  1. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right before I left for the game I was pissed. I was pissed that his might be the second to last Crew game I get to watch. I was pissed that the pansy baby trust fund a--hole is still has anything to do with the Crew, let alone in soccer at all. And only because he has money, is the only reason this whiny little fart of a human being with no skill or caring is not thrown aside like the insignificant speed bump he is.

By the time I got to the game I was sad and pissed and I was just happy to be able to see my team in yellow play another game.

And then the half time with the 2008 team only made me angrier. I was so glad they came but they deserved more. What about something before the game too? I am sure they did not want to give them a microphone but anything would have been good. Again would it no have been great to have an owner or president who could honestly stand by them and thank them for their giant contribution to the history of the team and this city. I mean Sigi, Bobby, Duncan, Will, Andy, Gino, Iro, Robbie and Steven deserved more.

The game was terrible but again I just did not care. I soaked in every pass and move. I honestly was happy just watching them play. I am grateful to be able to meet them and knowing them. Pipa had a bad game but he is our Pipa. A guy when I have met him has been kind and just a nice guy. Meram, Trapp and Williams, I have talked to since they were the new guys in alone in the corner of the jersey reveal events and where just happy to be here. Mensah who when I saw him early last year in the airport, was having a terrible time, but again was willing to talk and appreciated the support. That was who I was watching on the field.

TRUJDUB, LastOfEleven, Jaybir and 2 others repped this.
  2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    He did bring back Meram and add Mullins in the summer transfer window. Those were good moves.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  3. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We should have brought in an upgrade to Meram before having to go back in time. Yes, we're better with Meram than without, but didn't we part with Meram at least in part because we thought we could do better? If it didn't pan out our transfer window should have included a left or right wing upgrade. Both would have been lovely. And @puttputtfc, 3G has stated he has enough Garber Bux he doesn't have to ask permission for most players who aren't household names to the casual fan.

Mullins was a good pickup.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Getting PSV/MLS to sign a player is still a hurdle. Can't imagine either one will do Columbus any favors right now.

More Mullins, please.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  5. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I believe 3G has the ability to to it as he sees fit. I don't believe AP could do anything about it. MLS, maybe but that seems a long shot to me too. On what basis do they deny it? Unless there's a foreign transfer fee, then I could see maybe they could cock block it.

6. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meram was like Plan C i think. There was talk of that Murillo guy from Liga Nos that never quite worked out. Also some other random rumors here and there. Domestic trade where we basically just loaned a guy out for a fee isn't a bad deal, but Meram is still struggling with form after being engulfed by the constant dumpster fire that is Orlando.

Tobias C repped this.
  7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    They deny it on the basis that they are the owners and the people who sign the paycheck. Ggg does not have the ability to sign players. He has the illusion of ability as Sporting Director but MLS/PSV or whoever owns the team this week can say no just to be pricks. And we know they're pricks.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sosa was signed after the potential. move was announced. Pipa’s extension was signed. Milton Valenzuela.

There are a probably a half dozen players that have been signed or given raises since last season. I get what you are saying about MLS/PSV. We weren’t gonna get Ezequiel Barco or Wayne Rooney. But, Berhalter isn’t completely hamstrung either. He still makes the decisions about the roster. Coming in, he knew this wasn’t LA or NYC. He’s been working with the same parameters since he got here, probably even slightly better than since he got here.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  9. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Again, Berhalter is on record saying he has enough accumulated GAM/TAM that he doesn't need Precourt to approve anything. He said this during the current saga.

chr1st repped this.
  10. Jaybir

Jaybir Member+

Feb 24, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Justin Meram is playing like a man with personal challenges - or something....

He has lost confidence, his energy level is low and he is not chasing defensively. I didn't see any lateral runs.

One issue that was on blatant display Saturday night was his unwillingness to use his left foot. The few times that he didn't give up the ball on the dribble, defenders were completely giving him his left - knowing that he would necessarily try to set himself up for the right hook. At least two times (I think more,) and my alignment was perfect, defenders basically dared him to shoot or advance left. Given our absence of chances last night, I wanted him to send at least one of them.

When he peaked for us last year, he played with a lot of fire both offensively and defensively. I hope that was not just a spell. But if he doesn't improve, we cannot afford to put him on the field.

11. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have thoughts about this match but I'll spare you all and just say this: Ew.

12. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I've got it saved on my DVR but not feeling compelled to watch after all I've read about it.

TRUJDUB and TKyle repped this.