Colorado - 2014

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by unkiemark, Jan 24, 2014.

1. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    The reason is to keep fairness with the visiting team. Both teams are limited to the same number of field passes for players and coaches. Any excess must stay in the stands.

2. Ingoldsby

Ingoldsby Member

Nov 12, 2014
    So what unfair advantage is gained by having more players on the bench? Just limit the roster of players eligible for the game. I agree that this rule results in a real negative for the players forced to sit in the stands at home games. And if the visitors want to pay for those extra players to travel they should be on the bench too.

3. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Very impressed with your team. #20 in particular is first rate.

4. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. That sucks less, sort of.

Thank you. We did well this year with what we have. I hoped for a bit more possession and offense last night, but last year in the third round we tried to go toe-to-toe with Florida State. Oops. 3-0 after 14 minutes, so the bus got parked and we only gave up one more goal. #20 is a sophomore and was second team all Pac-12. Our defense only had one defender, the other three were a forward, a forward/midfielder, and a midfielder. The winning goal last night was the first from the field in the last six matches (there was one penalty kick).

UNC showed us the level of play to which we aspire.

5. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Happy Holidays Everyone. In the final analysis, I followed every game via Twitter or Gametracker, but only got to the first and last games in-person at Prentup. Not a great performance! Hopefully next year I'll get to more and won't be shy about introducing myself. If I get to know some folks, maybe I'll even go to the annual soccer banquet, which sounds like it would be fun if with some friends. I'd go with my wife and/or twenty-something daughter, but they aren't ardent enough sports fans to go to pre- or post- season banquets. Have yet to even talk them into ever going to football luncheons, but I don't mind going to those on my own. Stay healthy All, and I'll see you in August. Looks like a top-ten recruiting class for the Buffs in 2015, but since UCLA and Stanford seem to always get 2-3 players each in the top 10 IMG 150, I don't know how you crack that nut. We need a couple more fast and aggressive goal scorers to beat those teams. Longest night of the year today folks…more sun-time starting tomorrow as we work our way to Spring and Summer!

6. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Another excellent class of new Buffs. We will remain competitive in the PAC-12 and beyond. A goal here, a goal there, a stop here, a stop there. Mixed with a few good bounces and a little luck, and in this crazy sport, that can be the difference between a mid-conference-standings finish and being national champs. We have the players and coaches to always be in the mix at the top now. Top 32, 16, 8, 4, 2…year-in and year-out…somewhere in that elite bunch perennially.

Is anybody out there BTW?

7. bluesky222

bluesky222 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seems like that whole Pot is legal thing is alive and well in Colorado based on your unbiased review of your team the now perennial national title contenders.

jimhalpert repped this.
  8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I've been delinquent in posting as I was out of the country until recently.

Very nice season for the Buffs finishing 3rd in the Pac 12 and beating BYU, again, in the first round of the tourney. Lot's of losses to graduation and a great class coming in. Looks like there is already a 2015 thread started, so I'll post more thoughts there.

9. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pot does not normally lead to hallucinations. For the Buffs to reach the College Cup would require a bit (or a lot) of divine intervention from the soccer gods. The playoff losses to Florida State and North Carolina showed us how far we have to go to be among the elite. But for the somewhat fortunate (and very hard earned) win at USC, we would have finished in the middle of the conference instead of third.

AND, Danny Sanchez is an excellent coach and an excellent recruiter. And the university and Boulder are not too shabby a place for a young person to spend four years. I see the team being consistently very competitive in the Pac-12 and a regular playoff team.

Adieu to 2014, it was a good year for the team. I can't see auf wiedersehen because we won't see 2014 again.

10. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't SAY auf wiedersehen ...

11. BuffsPios

BuffsPios Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I was saying top 32 or higher consistently. That's just being objective IMHO, without the influence of wacky-tobaccy.

12. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there was much tongue-in-cheek in the replies you received. Certainly from me. I totally agree with your assessment of top 32 or higher, consistently.

13. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I'm thinking "higher" for the most part. This season may be a bit of an adjustment with a lot of losses on the back line, but the talent to again make the NCAA tourney and win a match or possible two should be there.