Colombian National Team General Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2015.

1. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Gustavo Cuellar, Guillermo Celis

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ah. I was going to guess Celis as one.

3. usfan1234

usfan1234 Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Pekerman needs to play with the following lineup against China.

--------------------Armani-------------------
    Arias------Sanchez--Jeison-----Fabra
    ---------Lerma/Cuellar---Matteus----------
    Chara------------James----------Izquierdo
    -------------------Falcao-----------------------

4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Armani is a pipe dream, but other than that I don't mind it.

Only way I call Izquierdo and start him is if he starts every match for Brighton from now until then. The guy is not the #1 and every minute with his team helps in the long run.

I have a strong feeling Matteus starts for us in the World cup.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Calling Sanchez or Mina for CB isn’t necessary for these games super long flight. I know they need to build up chemistry but for this game rather try out new guys with Zapata.
    Haha like the line up but would leave Davison in England. Would like to try out both the Murillos at CB.

Also can’t a Lerma and Cuellar MF work they both seem like they can be more Box to Box MF. Also feel both are much better then Uribe.

For GK - Castellanos 1 half, Bonilla the 2nd. No way Armani gets his citizenship in the next 2 weeks

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Me too...i prefer cuellar.

But i think that the style of uribe adapt faster than gustavo....

7. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I say we go back to two forwards. Let's figure out who is going to be Falcao's partner. We might not have superstar DM/CMs but we seem to have a nice group of guys to work with.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we dont solve the problem of dms/cmfs it will be dififcult to play with two forwards.....

crzdcolombian repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    with the current CM pair we have our team is too dependent on James pulling something out of his ass to save us. Their lack of attacking skills weren't a huge issue when Armero and Zuniga were our wingbacks and attacked better.

For everyone on this Sanchez train. Wasn't Edwin Valencia or main DM in 2014 qualifiers. And Sanchez didnt come back until bad transfers of Sebastian Perez and Torres. I dont care who starts in our MF as long as it is not Sanchez. We need a DM who can pass the ball.

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    this is true but now all think that he is immovable and think that he deserve the special privilege of always starter despite beign inactive in fiorentina

Is like Javier Hernandez Bonnet and Gol Caracol creat their opinions, bec

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lerma more of a Abel or Sanchez? Why cant we use both Lerma and Cuellar. Both are very good at defending and great in attack.

Its the modern game.... not Bolillos/Maturanas bullshit hot potato ancient crap. We can't be so 1 dimensional. That it is give the ball to James he will do something special and if he cant he will give it to Falcao to score.

I want a team that every player on the team scores or can score. In defense every one of our players scores regularly for their teams. Attacking MFs, FWs.

If Mina has 3 goals for our NT in like 6 games. Why doesnt Sanchez have more for us in 10 years on the NT. Fine we scored way way less and Mina is tough player to compare to but still a CB should have less offensive responsibility then a DM. Sanchez had a ton of goals at AJAX. Didnt he score a hat trick? Not expecting him to that on the NT but makes us a way harder team to defend if teams know o shit every single defender on that team knows how to score. Every player on the team knows how to attack and wants to score goals so they can do their silly little dance routine that Armero made for them

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In some ways it is difficult for me to imagine Pekerman going with a guy he has never called up before next to a guy he rarely has played in a year.

Sure, Lerma and Cuellar can be the starters. No one envisioned 4 years ago at this time that Ibarbo would start for us in Brazil. However, it is going to take some very special play for them to impress and solidify those spots.
    If I had to guess right now what will happen it may be Lerma next to Sanchez in Russia.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just an update on Ospina's injury, I read it is not that serious and he should be ready by the time the November friendlies come around.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need a 2nd GK. China has to be the least pressure team we can play outside of Concacaf!

Let Ospina recover from his injury and try to get more play time. Cech has not been that good this season

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know what Pekerman will do but if Arsenal says he will only be out a couple of weeks I can seeing playing at least the Korea game.
    Maybe he will try someone new against China as you say but who knows?

16. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What about rodallega

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not only this season. since he have arrived he have been so average with terrible mistakes

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    That's more of my point. That MF position is critical for Pekerman so I just don't see him taking the guys that have been his core set in the WCQ campaign. We have the 2 Nov friendlies, 1 in March and then about 3 pre World Cup prep. If Pekerman doesnt try to change his DFM players now thru the March friendlies, we can expect to see the _____ + Sanchez, barring injury as part of his WC starting squad. This is specially the case as he has plenty of solid CBs that can compensate for whatever that DFM lack. I would really like to see Lerma in these friendlies.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From what ive seen from lerma....and think so that other agree with me.

Lerma- Sanchez will be a problem...is like barrios-sanchez or sanchez valencia....he is good attacking but his strenght is phisical

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don’t want another 2-3 pages of Sanchez sucks/ no he doesn’t but isn’t Abel more of a key player to Pekerman then Sanchez is? I mean he is playing a guy who basically doesn’t even play for a struggling team in Colombia!!! Sanchez at least has he lost his spot in a top team in Italy where he was the starter till he got injured.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You can only assume that until you see how he plays in Yellow for the Seleccion.

From what I have seen he has a tiny bit more creativity in attacking and his long ball distribution which Barrios seems to be a little flat on.
    But once again it is all based on club action and not National team action.
    Lerma could fall flat or even worse never be called up for all I know.

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. Actually Abel have played 8 matches as starter in this season plus the other as sub. More than the 4 matches of sanchez where he havent complete 200 minutes.

2. Sanchez didnt lost his spot because of injury....he lost the spot because bad performances in his 2 matches . Pioli decided to bench him. he have been available all matches, is false an injury.

3. If there is an inactive player this season is sanchez...........his club situtation is similar to falcao situtation in chelsea.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree it should be try....but from what i see:

dmf cant play toghether: sanchez, torres, barrios and lerma

cmfs: aguilar, perez, cuellar, uribe

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Let's not forget that Valencia and Sanchez were on the field for our rare victory against Brazil.
    So saying that two dfm can't play together and be successful is being a bit inaccurate. It can be successful in different situations.

Furnaccio repped this.
  25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you remember that game? It was the flukiest and luckiest of goals that saved us from a embarassing showing. We played anti football that whole cup

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.