Colombia vs CHILE, 11 de octubre en Barranquilla (Clasificatorias) [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by JAIME CHILE, Sep 11, 2013.

1. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I can agree with that. I've watched Twente a few times and Gutierrez seems to be a little light... He never seems to be on control of the attack in the way Valdivia and mati can. I think it is similar to what I have seen from Rabello on Sevilla. However, if you told me that Valdivia was going to be subbed by Bose, Gutierrez, or Rabello... Bose would have been my last choice.

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #177 Rickdog, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    The only jerk here it is yourself, as I`m presenting my opinion to what you said.
    This is an open forum, so if you don`t like others saying things at your opinions, shove off and let others be.
    Besides, you expressed your opinion starting with a question in it, and questions are for answering them. Don`t ask them, if you don`t really want answers.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For someone that claims to be so "holier than thou" with his opinion, you certainly don't walk the talk. I will just leave it at that before you get into one of your long rants.

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Where exactly is Gutiérrez deployed for Twente? When he left UC, he was playing a LWB for them (to me he should be more of a box-to-box middie but that's a different discussion). I am just curious because Eredivisie games are scheduled on TV at times that don't work for me and Twente is not featured that often (here in the 'States).

5. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009

He plays as an attacking MF. His play style and positioning is very similar to that of Iniesta in Barcelona. I have mostly seen part of his games on Roja Directa.

MetroChile repped this.
  6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Keep us posted. Here in the US, Eredivisie games are shown on ESPN Deportes and GolTV but both of these channels generally tend to focus on Ajax and PSV (not even Feyenoord). When Mexicans Héctor Moreno and Francisco Rodríguez were in Holland, their games were prioritized on ESPN Deportes.

7. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I'm in NJ, so I have the same issue. That's why I mostly watch on my computer once in a while, when there is nothing better on BeIn (Liga, Calcio) or Fox Deportes (CL)

8. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I don't agree with the Iniesta comparison, because Iniesta gets around the box and wings a lot more than Gutierrez does, Gutierrez plays a bit deeper and pases from there. He's like Aranguiz but with less defensive positioning and pressing (which is why we don't need him).

9. oc2004

oc2004 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I would agree that Gutierrez doesn't wing anywhere close to Iniesta. I think they are closer on their mid-field play. I think Aranguiz is much more central and with less skill. Aranguiz is much more of a box to box player.

Here are two videos.

On the first he seems to be playing much more on the right than I have seen.

10. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    I don´t see the resemblances between Aranguiz and Gutiérrez. The latter is more a playmaker with good passing skills and touch rather than a box to box midfielder.
    In terms of talent Gutiérrez is above Aránguiz by a considerable margin.

11. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Considerable? Hardly, which is why Catolica accomplished so little with him on their side, hell I even rate the freezer Rabello higher than Gutierrez in terms of talent. His edge over Aranguiz is limited in that regard, however Aranguiz is miles better in pressing and covering, there is no doubt in my mind who the better player is.

If we are so desperate for another midfielder then might as well call back Morales who at least has a killer shot and set piece delivery. Personally I don't think we need any of them. With Valdivia and Matias we have enough in terms of attacking midfielders. Vidal and Aranguiz for box-to-box, Diaz and Pizarro for regista options. Carmona and maybe Iturra or Reyes for purely defensive.

Valdivia, Mati, Vidal, Aranguiz, Diaz, Pizarro, Carmona, Reyes. That is all we need. No room for Rabello, Morales, Gutierrez or Silva.

12. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva

You are confusing the more accomplished, useful player and best actor (just kidding :D) with the more talented (Gutiérrez).

Don´t sell Rabello short. Guy is destined to be a helluva player in the national team and succesful abroad for our standards, this means a long career in good European teams. He´s got the personality and skills.

I agree with you, Sampaoli calls up too many midfielders, but I also think there is room for Gutiérrez, a starter in the Eredivisie leader and good Copa Libertadores and La Roja absoluta perfomances as back up.

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think someone is owed money by Díaz and Aránguiz.

14. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Someone has to, the Chilean press (particularly Sobalaprieta) hype him to high heavens whenever he makes a useless dribble in the middle of the pitch. He is a talented kid no doubt and is destined to get better, I hope he does for the sake of our NT, but he has ways to go to reach the levels of Valdivia or Matias.

As of today, I don't think he has anything to offer for the Brazil World Cup of 2014, same with Gutierrez. (unless we suffer major injuries, I HOPE NOT). In the mean time we should leave the kids alone and let them develop in their clubs. They will be useful for Russia 2018.