Colombia Sub-20

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Baal88, Apr 22, 2016.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

J-Mezzy, crzdcolombian and Bomb8 repped this.
  2. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm really starting to dislike Reyes. I'm glad he does not coach the senior team anymore. Why would a reasonable person care if the kid has played for a different team as a child?

krass and crzdcolombian repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Correct about subotic - he was born in the former Yugoslavia and bounced around from place to place - I want to say Germany and Utah before settling in Florida.

Usa U20 team snubbed him for the 2007 u20 World Cup while he was at Mainz - also where Jurgen Klopp was. Klopp goes to Dortmund and recruits subotic where his career takes off.

His roots have always been tied with Serbia and I’m sure the u20 World Cup snub put a big chip on his shoulder

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He said the snub is why he didn’t accept the SNT

The WC snub is why Gio rossi didn’t play for US as well.

These guys aren’t Nery Castillo who was from Uruguay. But wanted money to play for Greece or Mexico.

They are English/Italian by place of birth but are Colombian to colombian parents.

Rut is Colombian, Japanese and American? So if his kids can play for all 3 does it make them assholes for playing for 1 over the other in that 1 is the only team that made an effort?

5. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yo estoy de acuerdo en parte, lo que no me gusta en lo mas mínimo es el hecho de que ahora el pelao después de jugar con Inglaterra, si se le diera la oportunidad de jugar con Colombia decidiera volver a jugar con Inglaterra, para mí esto no es un asunto de nacionalismo siquiera, sino de principios, yo por lo menos no quiero a alguien así de voluble al lado mío, los mercenarios los prefiero lejos.

pepinointer repped this.
  6. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Eso de Reyes suena a racismo provinciano. Una de las razones para no querer tecnicos colombianos en la Selección.

Estamos hablando de jugadores sub20, que tienen sangre colombiana por padre y madre.

Esa mentalidad "antiextrangero" que causa vergüenza ajena. Piensen todos los del foro que vivimos en el extrangero y nuestros hijos no pudieran decidir representar a Colombia en algun deporte solo por no haber nacido alli. Como se sentirian ante semejante discriminación?

Reyes parece que no vio a Camoranesi ganar el mundial 2006 con Italia o a Senna con Espana o el origen de los jugadores franceses campeones el ano pasado. Estos ultimos ni en Francia les dicen franceses a pesar de haber nacido alli, pero son lo suficientemente practicos para pensar en el fin y no en los medios.

7. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I agree with this and I'll add at the lower ages U15-U20, specially in Colombia, there are a lot of players that have similar if not better qualities. Unfortunately, even with technology being accessible you can see the quality in the difference of his youtube uploads in action vs some kid battling out in Huila.

However, what our homegrown kids have that this kid likely has had access to, is the financial and professional club development support that many of our youth don't have that can help you mature as a professional must faster. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a pre WC camp to see him prove himself on and off the field BUT this kid would likely be ostracized from the group and it would be a true challenge to see him garner respect from the other teammates.

One last note, where I do think it's a bit of opportunism, which is why Reyes is also likely suspect. Of all the times he's decided to proclaim his interest in playing Colombia, it's the one time where England didnt qualify for the U20 WC. :whistling:

J-Mezzy and Baal88 repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Giuseppe Rossi was born in Teaneck NJ, but played in nearly every Italy youth team so it wasn’t that big of a surprise he played for Italy. I remember how he was talk of US soccer back in 07-08 and there was a blind hope that he would play for the US.

Reminds of me the time in middle school where the hot girl sat next to me in all my classes only because her last name was closest to me alphabetically. I thought I had a chance....but no =)

crzdcolombian repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    De acuerdo, con lo del discurso de Reyes.

Desde el otro lado. hay que ver el caso de marelino renteria y salcedo.......que a pesar de que si hubo contactos con la federaicón ellos no han mostrado claridad y decisión. Salcedo decidió ir con Italia despues de que lo contacto la federación y renteria salio en medio diciendo que el queria juagr con venezuela....y despues se rectificó---------

Y pues esa indecisión tambien puede afetcar el eventual compromiso.

10. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Actually his first interview saying that was a couple of years ago.

It'd be very interesting if this guy could be interviewed again by the Colombian press.

11. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ya empezó la campaña Anti-Reyes en todos los medios de comunicación colombianos. Esta vaina no se la montaron a Piscis por no convocar a Chacón o a Roger Martínez, o a Eder Balanta... Bueh.

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Coaches getting insulted by where kids play is the dumbest thing ever. There are tons of reasons a player is or isn't picked and these kids are often in really difficult positions because of heritage and citizenship. A youth coach like Reyes job is to try and develop and get as many talented kids into the program as possible and that's it, he should be trying to give as many kids as possible a route into our national team setup, the worst thing you can do is piss off a player and ruin the chances they come into the fold. Getting personal about this stuff is really stupid, you have no idea what a kid will decide as an adult or what and where their reasons come from, but quite often they just want to play and you shouldn't close a door especially when its a young impressionable player.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://fcf.com.co/index.php/las-sel...4771-comunicado-fcf-seleccion-colombia-sub-20

La Federación Colombiana de Fútbol informa que, tras la clasificación de la selección Colombia Sub-20 a la Copa Mundial de la FIFA Polonia 2019, se da inicio a un nuevo proceso, en el cual podrán ser tenidos en cuenta todos los jugadores de esta categoría, que actúan tanto en el país, como internacionalmente.

A partir de este momento, todos los potenciales jugadores empezarán a ser objeto de evaluación por su trabajo en sus respectivos clubes.

“En la Selección Colombia sub20 nos hemos regido bajo los más estrictos criterios al momento de convocar a los jugadores que conforman nuestros equipos. Así lo haremos para elegir a quienes formarán parte del grupo que irá al Mundial de Polonia 2019. Todos los futbolistas serán evaluados y analizados en su desempeño deportivo para estar seguros de conformar el mejor equipo”, afirmó Arturo Reyes, director técnico de la Selección Colombia sub20.

HomietheClown repped this.
  14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    “En la Selección Colombia sub20 nos hemos regido bajo los más estrictos criterios al momento de convocar a los jugadores que conforman nuestros equipos. Así lo haremos para elegir a quienes formarán parte del grupo que irá al Mundial de Polonia 2019. Todos los futbolistas serán evaluados y analizados en su desempeño deportivo para estar seguros de conformar el mejor equipo”, afirmó Arturo Reyes, director técnico de la Selección Colombia sub20."

That says it all right there. The Club teams are the ones who are making things difficult.

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    0-0 against everyone.

Even Tahiti.

J-Mezzy and sidspaceman repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Almost the same group of the wc

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would have been funny if Japan was in the group instead of Tahiti ;)

krass and sidspaceman repped this.
  19. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    so we are starting vs Poland?

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dude I didn’t even notice

lol

Azucarero, HomietheClown and Furnaccio repped this.
  21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That could be enough to get us to the next round.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup. Unless the no goals hurts us in some way.

sidspaceman repped this.
  23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yup.

Poland
    Senegal
    Tahiti

sidspaceman repped this.
  24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm going to Poland baby!!! [emoji41][emoji41] I brought the luck against them in Russia, I will bring it again in their own country as well.

kromekote, sidspaceman, Froboy69 and 5 others repped this.