Colombia Copa America 2019 (Brazil)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by kromekote, Dec 21, 2018.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #101 pepinointer, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Friendlies....big teams dont play friendlies with intesity., they dont care...but yes they play serious official matches like round of 16 of a world cup.......

good chemistry is damaged against a superior rival who really wants to win....so that also is relevant with the bad passes......sometimes the connection of passes of the midfielders of boca, levante, espnayol, america de mexico and river. when their opponnets are stronger........It can't be that fluid....more when they miss their main star....

and dont know...If it as an example of a match were “Our players never gave up on those matches and kept pushing and pushing “ is the england match.

Azucarero repped this.
  2. jquintero10

jquintero10 Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    HomietheClown repped this.
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Be optimistic parce~

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You don’t have to be the best to win. The last best team to win a World Cup was Brazil in 2002 or 1994

No way in hell Italy was the best team in 2006 with all their cheating and Matrix antics. Lucky as fk!!!

Spain in 2010 was lucky as well

Germany in 2014 were a solid team that totally wrecked the home team but basically their only good game. The Argentina in the final barely got out of their group and played like shit. Some teams get lucky and some teams just get to the knock out rounds and start winning because they have been there before.

2018. I don’t think France was the best team and the 1st 2 goals to me was questionable reffing. I think we were much better then Croatia or England but Pekerman is a coward so we will never know. In 5-6 minutes of Uribe In we almost won.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the Copa America.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    there is no need to lie or to get away from reality. you have to stay in the facts, you don't deceive anyone: Spain was the favorite before cup, Germany was the favorite before the cup and France was the favorite..........
    Italy was of the favorites in 2016, nor brazil but it was.....plus that generation was full of cracks and champions .............

The evidence show that England and Croatia are replet of players that plays in big teams and in the elite. Isnt coincidence that theere are still in competence of champions league 11 of the 15 players that played agaisnt colombia.

Croatia please their players are pivotal in their teams and his best players is star in the same team were our best players struggle to had a place and failed...........

Yeah Pekerman had to win undoubtly with the midcamp of players stars of brighton, america, levante, boca, river, without his best player and arguably our only elite player at the time........agaisnt a team and especially a midcamp replete with players that plays in the elite and are startes in actually big teams.

I never have seen a team champion of the world with 3 elite players........just because the parteners worked in europe.

That lack of knowledge of what we really have, and of despising the attainment of achievements that we did not have before and were far away, is what damages the processes and the need to work. Incredible as many continue talking about that cup as a cup that had to win Colombia instead of thinking how to improve Colombian football to reach the elite. Our maximum achievement at club level are players winning the European league and elite leagues as secondary actors.................England and croatians are much ahead, including this generation over us.

Before, we didn't have champions of anything... but little by little we're achieving things we didn't have before.

7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chile win 2 copa americas and almost won the confederation cup with 3 top players. Pep I know you are going to be like they didn’t make the WC. But they didn’t make
    It because of Bolivia losing Points in the best example of careful what you wish for

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #108 pepinointer, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    1.a copa america isnt copa world cup.....i refered clearly to worlp cup
    2. By the time Alexis and Vidal were actually in form and beign starter in their clubs in important role......not the same for james and falcao for example.....being at home in the first was a factor (their opponents were very easy).. and biegn reigning champions in the other was also a factor...............Colombia in 2016 when we faced experiment a lof of new players
    3. Chile isnt a good example of what i want to be.......they second part of the wcq was atrocious despite the points with bolivia, but you should wacth the matches to know that

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Something similar that pekerman did in his moment.....i think he undrestood the need of socuting after seeing the perfomances of helibelton and machado

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is great to see a microciclo.

Hopefully we can get some Non- FIFA friendly during that time period too but I won't bet on it.

Did Pekerman do it this early in the cycle? I remember he did one with MArlos in 2016 but don't remember if he did one in 2015.

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah in april 2012....

Pekerman scouted a lot of during his period until he found a team.......

Esta es la lista de jugadores convocados:

Bréiner Clemente Castillo Caicedo - Independiente Medellín

Leiton Jiménez Romero - Independiente Medellín

Andrés Felipe Cadavid Cardona - Deportivo Cali

Gustavo Leonardo Cuellar Gallego - Deportivo Cali

Jonathan Yulián Mejía Chaverra - Envigado

Jhon Andrés Córdoba Copete - Envigado

Jonathan Copete Valencia - Santa Fe

Juan Daniel Roa Reyes - Santa Fe

Pedro Camilo Franco Ulloa - Millonarios

Humberto Segundo Osorio Botello - Millonarios

Luis Enrique Martínez Rodríguez - Once Caldas

Jhon Freddy Pajoy Ortiz - Once Caldas

Danovis Banquero Lerma - Deportes Tolima

Gilberto García Olarte - Deportivo Pasto

Jose Erik Correa Villero - Boyacá Chicó

Darwin Zamir Andrade Marmolejo - La Equidad.

Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    After looking at that list i can see why I forgot it. :p

J-Mezzy and crzdcolombian repped this.
  13. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Watching Qatar doesn't frighten me. During the AFC cup, the quality is suspect at best.

Yes they beat Japan.

However, to me Qatar has no experience in South American football and I think they will have a rough awakening on our physical play.

Froboy69, Furnaccio and pepinointer repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    there were loquitos who demanded him to call new players in all the called ups line by line....as if there were many options.............

It happens nowadays, we all hate the call of helibelton and machado.....but the truth is that there are not many options for example fuentes of junior who disaffected him by discpline in libertadores, piedrahita that today to his 30 lives the best moment of his career.......angulo de puebla and bernardo deserve their opportunntye.

but there is also no abundance of options in defense.

The team of 2014 and the team 2018 changed a lot of in names...

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am just hoping we find one or two gems in the training camp.
    And it will be interesting because what we view as gems could be different than what Queiroz views as gems based on his system and the style he wants implemented.

Just have to trust his evaluations because from what I have read about him at Iran and Portugal he has an eye of finding new young talent and bringing them into his squad to acclimate.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    9 times out of 10 we should beat them like a drum.
    That said, it could be that "10th time" in which we go into a funky goal scoring drought, hit a bunch of posts and they play a 10-0-0 formation to hold on to a 0-0 or to another positive result for them.

That is what I am most concerned about.

Furnaccio repped this.
  17. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tigre is going score a hatrick.

Yerry and Davinson are going to dance

Armero running from the crowd doing his gorilla crawl. Thats whats going to happen.

Furnaccio repped this.
  18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I know, I know and Pibe will be high- fiving his daughter as Juan Pablo Angel goes crazy next to Andres Cantor.

I get it, that is what should happen.
    But you just never know. This team has to become more efficient and cold blooded before I predict a blowout anytime soon.

pepinointer repped this.
  19. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jajajaja nosotros los Colombianos no aprendemos hombre que cosa.

20. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I love it!

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jajajaja los mejores del mundo

22. Alex Rollings

Alex Rollings New Member

Liverpool FC
    England
    Apr 21, 2019
    Is anybody selling 2 tickets to the copa America final? Please message me if you are!

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guys im not sure if i already mentioned here it, but i already have the tickets for qatar, paraguay and argentina.. Happy to go to my first international tournament

jay luis, J-Mezzy, HomietheClown and 2 others repped this.
  24. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Take lots of pictures! :)

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Have fun and give us your full perspective from your point of view of what is happening on the field. I remember how I read these boards and there were different things people saw on tv than what I saw at the matches in 2016 and vice-versa.

Crazy that a guy in South America goes to a Copa after a guy like me in USA but that is another discussion.:ROFLMAO:

Also try to eat at a good Brazilian steakhouse. :D