College recommendation . WHERE to Transfer Up north ?

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by FMF_LFP, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Carleton is an excellent institution. Whatever you decide to study, any banking institution will gladly pick you up.
    if you're looking for a finance job at 3M (or something of that type), then econ is the way to go.

2. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    fordham is on a different level when compared to 3 of the original 4 listed. only 'nova is comparable. if you're going to argue for fordham, might as well go to Lehigh. better school, better business program, better faculty, better alumni, better sports teams (soccer/football/wrestling).

3. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    businesses simply want people who can think analytically. none of the ivies/williams/amhersts have business programs, but their grads (most of whom are not econ majors) make up 98% of entry level workers in i-banking at the bb's.
    but a student is always more valuable when he has multi-discipline experience. I was an accounting major, with minors in chemistry/physics/spanish. my internships during college were not in business, but rather in research. but I was hired to work in business. well roundedness is the key to gaining an edge.