Coerver winter camp

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by Fanatical Monk, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    Does anyone have any experience with these? 16 weeks for $320 ($20 per session) seems fairly reasonable, especially considering indoor costs. Wondering if anyone has any feedback good or bad. How were the coaches? I'm assuming they need to be "certified" or something in Coerver?

2. Mirzam

Mirzam Member

Jan 21, 2010
    @Dick's
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There was a thread on this a while back, here was my opinion:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/coerver-center-of-excellence.1970494/#post-26198962

Fanatical Monk repped this.
  3. FearTheTurtle

FearTheTurtle Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cost is reasonable. A buddy of mine went to a series of Coever seminars and is now one of their licensed trainers. He swears by it, especially for the younger players. I got my D license from a Coever expert, and loved it. It can really help out in the technical part of the game. Check out the coaching/training staff. Most of the time, it really depends on who you are learning from and not so much what training method they are using.

4. Emeraldcup

Emeraldcup New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I Agree Coerver is the right way to train youth players...

5. midsouthsoccer

Mar 3, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have one where we live but the wife nixed the idea. We will have our own camp in the garage this winter, I am using youtube as a guide.

6. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My son did half a winter session and I attribute his excellent mechanics to that winter training. Very impressed with it.