Coach re-assigned to other duties

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by kool-aide, May 10, 2011.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scroll down for the important bit here

Over/under that this change was due to telling the owner to shut the eff up about lineups and so forth?

2. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing amazes me about the magicJacks anymore.....just wondering what Scurry is doing. I imagine she will be doing WWC coverage later this summer for ESPN, and magicDan will basically serve as Coach, GM, spokesperson, and owner of the team.
    Since Hope's twitter bomb attack yesterday, the rest of the team has been pretty silent.

I'm actually waiting with baited breath for an updated magicJack commercial with a special offer of Free magicJack devices for the first 2,000 tickets to the next home game once the stands are in place. I'm also wondering if we will every see the team enter the stadium thru the magicJack device arch, and the mascot dressed up as, you guessed it, the magicJack. Not quite the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile, with Little Oscar, but what the heck.

There is so much marketing potential here, silly and otherwise, to get people out to the park. I'm sort of surprised, and a little bit disappointed.

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't doubt it. I'll wait to see what's up officially before I have more to say, though....;)

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ooh. you have access to "official" info. definitely let us know more, inquiring minds and all. Beau Dure's twitter feed (or maybe that was Jeff Kassouf) indicates the ever popular "spend more time with family" reason.

5. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    FYI, there was some scuttle posted on Talking Soccer. Just rumor, but interesting.

6. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007

Are you talking about this Ben?

Originally Posted by Unregistered [​IMG]
    magicJack releases coach

Following Sunday's 2-0 victory over Atlanta, magicJack of the Women's Professional Soccer League announced a re-assignment of duties for coach Mike Lyons. According to the team release, Lyons will remain with the team as a consultant. A new coach has not been announced for the 3-0 team.

This man is a complete power-hungry egomaniac. He doesn't follow the league rules regarding making players available for post game interviews, he doesn't even try to advertise his team, and now he fires his coach after a 3-0-0 start without reason! Go figure this nut????

"Know the facts:

Big fight at half between Coach and A. Wambach on way to locker room. Per press release we can determine who won that arguement? Do not blame owner for this. "

Appears to be a rumor, but is interesting none the less.

wonder if MRAD noticed anything at the match. I would expect he would have already brought it up if he did.

7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    if this is true, he's sticking to his formula that the players come before everything. if hope was to go off on him about not having a web site, would he remove himself from the bench?

8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No more than you do, but that is the point. There isn't anything "official" from magicJack. The owner is the source of all info and he won't talk to anyone. Sorry you didn't catch on to what I was saying....:D

9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you really neg rep me for that comment? srsly? :rolleyes:

I wasn't being a complete smart@ss -- I really thought that your FL location might mean you actually knew someone near the team (or that sun sentinel reporter) who had information.

I always figured my first neg rep would be for dodgy, tl;dnr analysis or harshing on someone's favorite player

10. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i got neg rep for correcting grammar.

A little part of me is bemused by the illusory nature of magicjack

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent. Wear that as a badge of honor :D

12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I neg repped you. You came across as an arrogant wiseass. Next time I'll try to make my comment's intent a bit more obvious. BTW, I've recieved neg rep here, & on other boards, for much less than that. You learn to live with it. Also, commenting about it on the board is considered to be very bad form. Whining even...;)

Mr Borislow has made a point of being unavailable to anyone down here. His view of the local media is that they are against WPS and magicJack. They only have lies to spread about them. Rumor has it that his negativity is such that he had that Sun-Sentinel reporter removed from the premises when he asked Borislow for a comment or an interview. I guess he is one of those media liars Borislow complains about.

A couple of the local fan groups are trying to get in contact with him to see if they can add to the game by binging folks to FAU, perhaps adding a bit of word of mouth advertising or mentions on various local soccer blogs. They can't get to him to ask & any message to him seems to be lost in transit.

I'm glad to hear he treats his players well. He may not be doing much else right.

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Kassouf & Pel are reporting that the league has deducted a point from magicJack because of their (and by they I mean Borislow) continued non-compliance w/ certain league rules.

Glad that fans are starting to do their own grassroots publicity about the games.

And as for the rep thing, welcome to the women's boards. We're usually a bit more collegial and friendly around here and don't casually neg rep -- I've never neg repped, not even the real tools. But if that's how you want to roll, do your thing. :rolleyes:

14. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been here before & for awhile. No need to post until mJ came on the scene. I rarely give neg rep anywhere, but, when I feel someone is acting a bit out of line I'll do it. It seems I hit a sore spot by doing it to you. Sorry, I just thought I was giving a smarmy wiseass what he/she deserves. It seems I was wrong....:)....Maybe...;)

Sad that the team has to pay a price for the owners stupidity. It has to be done, I suppose, but it seems unfair to the players. From all I've seen and heard they have been super both on & off the field.

We're used to grassroots, fan-based publicity for soccer. I wear a Striker T-Shirt everywhere to help advertise that team. It's taken 6 years and a name change/rebranding for Div 2, Miami FC/Ft Lauderdale Strikers, to get noticed, and they even wanted the media's attention. Sadly, I think that magicJack's owner is hurting both the team & the league with his constant bikering with the media. He needs to get the word out about this team any way he can and, love 'em or hate 'em, the local media can do that for him.

FTR, I want magicJack & WPS to succeed. Our greatest success in this sport has been in the women's game. I see WPS as a feeder for the USWNT & a way to, at least, keep them competitive internationally. But, owners like Mr Borislow & his actions weaken the league and the sport itself. Women's soccer deserves better, IMO.

15. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not by me it ain't if you weren't neg-repped back. And we are more collegial down here. Almost no neg-repping and fans go on to other team's subforums.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I bump into "arrogant wiseasses" on what seems like a daily basis. However, I prefer active discussion/challenge to squealing behind someone's back. I've never given negative rep and actually consider it the equivalent of throwing sand in someone's face and running in the opposite direction at high speed. The fact that the small number of people who've given me negative rep tends to correspond with the handful of muppets on my ignore list is a comfort to me.

17. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone here can be accused of being a wise ass at one time or another....

18. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever. Thanks for the info, guys. At least one more name for my ignore list, too...;)

19. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    I'm a little anal myself about the atrocious grammer I see around here...

20. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    As for the neg rep stuff, I've gotten and given when deserved - everybody has a bad day now and then, but no real harm is meant. And IMO neg rep probably should only be given if you just can't let go of something ... or you've said something particularly egregious

21. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Grammer? I detect irony...

22. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    wondered if you'd notice : )

23. FCGoldPrideGM

FCGoldPrideGM New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Anyone see this tweet from @christierampone. Friday May 27 at 6am
    "To be clear, I was given the title of "coach" but it is not my formation, not my subsitutions, not my anything. Mr. Dan runs the whole show!"

Very telling.

24. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering he is supposed to be suspended from any Technical activity with the team, My guess is that she is getting alot of questions from everyone and felt the need to say this....

MJ was lacking in drama for the last week anyway

25. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    so, dan used a coach to give himself a several week learning curve on how to coach a pro team and keeps him on retainer for questions, but based on his age, his curve is flat.

anyway, sahlen needs to have a feed up for Part II in several weeks. both teams are still loaded with NT players gone. and with 3 back it will still be fire works, probably look like the 3-2 wny/boston game with a touch of part I .

get a chance to see masar with the 3 super rookies, press, kling and schmidt.