Coach and DOC/Board relationship

Discussion in 'Coach' started by Timbuck, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Timbuck

Timbuck Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I am part of a club that merger with another club last year. Nothing much changed until the season ended.
    The previous administration was very open with communication. I always knew what was going on. What the plans were. Whenever I asked a question, it was answered quickly. (Not to say that there weren’t problems. There were. Like money missing. Another story for another time). This group was much more focused on a positive experience and community feel. We were competitive, but having the best teams wasn’t the number 1 priority. We probably had some kids who would quit soccer if they got “promoted” to a better team that their friends weren’t playing on. Big of a “recreational” mentality, but we carved out a nice niche in the hyper crazy club soccer world. Added a lot of teams over the past few seasons.

The new group is focused on making sure their older teams get better every year. By dropping players down. By heavily recruiting/poaching from neighboring teams.
    And their communication to coaches is awful. I’ll send an email, text and leave a voice message with a question and won’t hear back for days.

Is this normal?