Club Tijuana (1a)

Discussion in 'Xolos de Tijuana' started by Nacional Tijuana, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching Super Estadio last night, and they covered 1a briefly, and a "Club Tijuana" appeared. Anybody know anything about this club? What's the deal with Tijuana? A few years ago, National de Tijuana moves and becomes Merida(?), and then Trotamundos goes M.I.A. for reasons I never understood. Now a new (or is it moved) club for Tijuana.

I'm excited, but skeptical.

2. NacionalTJ

NacionalTJ New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Tijuana, Baja Califo
    Nice to see there are more TJ fans around :)
    Ever since pro baseball came back to TJ I lost all hope for a pro futbol franchise to ever come back to the city. Nacional Tijuana was mainly kicked out of the city because baseball was coming back and they had no other stadium to play. That coupled with the old Promotora Guadalajara's lack of interest in a primera "a" team and null advances in the stadium construction sealed our fate.
    This new team was formerly in Cd. Obregon and is owned by Valente Aguirre, known for promoting teams like Irapuato and Union de Curtidores. The team will play in the Unidad Deportiva CREA, a public sports facility that is being remodeled with stands and a new grass field. The team's colors are red and black and we have experienced players like Everaldo Begines, Ricardo Cadena, Uruguayan striker Jorge Artigas (champion with Danubio in Uruguay), among others. Jaime Ordiales is the coach and so far the team has a draw and a win, all on the road.
    The current mayor, and Televisa enemy, Jorge Hank Rhon wants to change TJ's image to the rest of the country by bringing in important events to the city. So far we have a pro baseball, basketball, and futbol team. Hank Rhon pledged his support for a futbol stadium to help in the team's success and maybe in the next tournaments the team might move to Hank Rhon's Hipodromo Caliente (hound race track). As far as I know, Hank's network of Caliente sports books and race track are the only places where you can legally bet on a sporting event in Mexico. Caliente is a very nice place... its packed with a lot of people from San Diego when NFL season starts, its in a nice neighborhood and its comfortable. I wouldnt mind going there if we dont get a stadium :)

3. isafan

isafan New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    USA
    Does any one out there know where I can find the roster for Club Tijuana (1a)?

4. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isafan, the best I could find is on the following link. What you then have to do it roll your mouse over the soccer field graphic, which will flash the spanish words for defender, midfielder, and forward. Doing this will produce a list of the players in those positions.

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/portal/index.php?Opc=2&SelDiv=0&entro=1

5. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    ensenada should get a team too :p

" Los Bufadores " hahah :D

6. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a club around the K-38/La Fonda area on Baja?

Could max out on some nice lefts at La Fonda and then watch some ball in the late afternoon. Suave.

7. ezyM

ezyM Member

Jun 16, 2005
    LOL :D

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States