Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He clearly said that DDR asked him not to fire EDF.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

De Rossi had nothing to do with EDF sacking.

hangthadj repped this.
  3. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    Man the guys never wrong didn’t you know?

whill4, shiboboo, Il Ciuccio and 4 others repped this.
  4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Some things were true, others weren’t. He’s protecting DDR.

At least this guy gets it.

5. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  6. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I didn't talk about DDR's situation before and wanted to wait to see how things will unfold.

With Pallotta's letter it showed that extended DDR will not work for the club and he is right. Is it fair for DDR? No. The retirement should have been handled better than this but it is the correct decision in the end.

It is time for the club to take a more professional stance when it comes to handling the team. DDR case is the start.

Let's hope he can fix the transfer mess this year. Season is behind the team and it is time to aim what is coming next instead of crying over spilled milk.

The soap opera is a waste of time and energy.

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #5482 La Magica, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    De Rossi wife posted an Instagram story yesterday that sums it up for Daniele after a great career. "sometimes the only closure you need is understanding you deserve better"

I appreciate that letter, it clears up a lot of issues. People are emotional, he got lied to by Monchi and made an outburst in the moment. Doesnt mean it was something he would ever do, fcuk just look at what he's given to Roma over the years. Jimmy explained it well and Im sure if Monchi had told him that directly to Daniele's face he would have understood regards needing another DM. He's not stupid, hes been in the game long enough but its the lies of Monchi. I can see why he was labelled a narcissist and that appears to be true. You come in to a new club, the first thing you should be doing is getting to know the club deeply and being onside with key players, especially a club legend like De Rossi. His opinion should matter to you but you instead go behind his back as if he's a nobody and shit on him? Snake move and the sign of a weak man.

He and Totti disagree. Brothers do that all the time. No shit.

De Rossi deserved better.

Just one of many examples of the man. Willing to wreck himself of the post to stop a goal but he would seriously try to derail a season? Come on now.

8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

Watch this space

9. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I appreciate the letter from Pallotta. There are definite moments that make you roll your eyes, but that's just Jim's personality. He's "that guy."

The Monchi stuff was of course illuminating and correct, but I was happy to see him in part absolve EDF. He mentioned how the mercato set up EDF to fail and how he was collateral damage.

Before the season the schtick on EDF was he was too rigid, only used his 4-3-3 etc. He tried pretty much everything this year, but was given mostly a shit squad. He's not blameless, of course. And his biggest mistake was sticking with Olsen too long. But, nonetheless I found it encouraging and classy that Pallotta took the time to address the EDF situation the way he did in the letter.

rdk3, Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well that was anti-climactic.

L'immortale repped this.
  11. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Very. But it proves the point that Monchi is a cuck.

12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    When you're right, you're right.

whill4 and L'immortale repped this.
  13. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    One other thing stick out to me in the letter, although this might just be Pallotta blowing smoke up all our asses....

He mentioned Totti's growing maturity as a Director and how his input on the next coach was "more helpful than anyone else."

Curious if this is really true, and if so who is Totti pushing for.

If it is true though, we can almost certainly put to bed Spall3tti.

14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think Pallotta is wrong about this, I’ll discuss it in the other thread.

Hustle and Flow, Moebek and shiboboo repped this.
  15. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Eh but I’m Morty.

16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spalletti should not be the coach regardless. He has the taskmaster part down and he is tactically great but we need a coach that's going to play the kids. We are rebuilding and that means we live and die with; Kluivert, the Pellegrini's, Under (if he's still here), Cristante, new CB (or CBs).

Spalletti is not that guy, he wants vets.

hangthadj repped this.
  17. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    To be fair reading comprehension doesn't seem to be @L'immortale strong suit. He's better with "witty" meme's and "Eh, I think I'm right again" also likes to use "cuck" a lot

ErPupone, Haakon24, whill4 and 6 others repped this.
  18. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Eh, but muptonfish knows best.

ErPupone, shiboboo, Shen-O and 3 others repped this.
  19. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  20. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In what world do Manolas, Kola, and Dzeko have any position to make demands, let alone wanting Totti gone? :ROFLMAO: They attached De Rossi's name to give it some weight because without him...:laugh::laugh: please.

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    De Rossi is taking the accusers to court on defamation of character and any money that he is granted will go to a local children's hospital.

Morty should be served as well.

22. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Did you see what the journalist said yesterday? He said go ahead and sue, so that he can legally release the evidence he has. LOL.

Eh but Morty knows nothing.

Java65 repped this.
  23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I did but I believe he's taken an email and spun it away out of proportion and its going to fall part in court. As Jimmy and De Rossi have said there was some truth (criticising some training methods) but journalists do what they do to sensationalise stories.

24. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell it to the judge

La Magica repped this.
  25. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Alright, I tried to stay away from the drama and hearsay, but Pallotta's letter is something I can work with.

This is the stuff I found interesting:

"Also the notion that Daniele was out to get Eusebio Di Francesco sacked is 100% false from all of my conversations with him.

Yeah, I had a really difficult time believing otherwise. De Rossi isn't exactly known for hiding his feelings that well, so I think we would've gotten an inclination somehow- however small.

"In the past, I have had conversations directly with players like Edin, who was very honest with me about things that were going on that he did not like as a professional."

lol, why doesn't this surprise me?

"In fact, on Thursday I witnessed the continuing maturation of Francesco as a director. His insight and expertise with me and Guido, discussing a potential manager, was more helpful than input from anybody else."

If this was just a way to praise Totti, cool, I get it. But speaking as a paranoid fan worried about how many voices you listen to, I'd really like to know Petrachi is the one selecting our next manager. Saddling our new DoF with a manager he didn't choose is a poor way to begin his tenure, imo.

"The biggest issue in the last year was not sales, instead it was our purchases."

The smartest thing you've said so far. Well done, Jim.

"Di Francesco has always been first-class. He is a true gentleman. He was clearly put in what I think was a tough position this past year and was collateral damage. That’s something that we all regret."

So in knowing this, you still sacked his ass, and now we're looking at managers like Mihajlović. Nice.

"Someone else that seems to get beat on and constantly berated is Franco Baldini."

Guilty as charged.

"If you think Franco is involved in most of the club decisions then you are completely wrong. It’s clear that some people are trying to stir up a lot of trouble for a guy who quietly has always given me great advice."

No, I don't think any of us think he's involved in the day-to-day shit. I just think people find it super weird that you have an outside consultant with so much sway that everyone knows about. Are you trying to promote a paranoid, dysfunctional workplace? Because it honestly seems like it's intentional at this point.

Everyone knows how much you value his opinion, do you think the employees of the club find comfort in a dude they never see forming opinions of them that actually matter? Even something like the tabloids suggesting Luis Campos was his number 1 choice for DoF isn't a good thing, man. It doesn't matter if it's true or not.

"I know a lot of people might think that the club is in disarray. That’s a foolish thought."

Gee, I wonder why we think that?

"Senior management is on the same page."

Prove it.

shiboboo and La Magica repped this.