Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    I didn’t know my good friend @LordNelson was a shareholder.

(15.55 CET) Shareholder Fabio Palma is next: “We’re here to discuss a budget that’s very triumphalist, I expected better after last year, but we are always in a very precarious situation: we depend on results. We sell our best players because they’re given offers that we cannot match. Relative to our revenues, the staff’s wages are always high. Then we go out at buy players who aren’t good enough for PSG. If they’re not good enough for PSG, why are they good enough for Roma? Where’s the policy of developing youngsters? The only youngsters we have are the ones we pay a high price for or the ones we’ve bought back. Our youth set-up isn’t valued and we have young players all throughout Italy but yet we don’t get anything for them. We buy seasoned players while thinking our youngsters aren’t up to it. We had excellent revenues and we have some important costs this season – what happens if we don’t qualify for the Champions League? Do we sell everyone? It would be difficult to sell Pastore, Nzonzi and Marcano. A club doesn’t become great by pretending like they’re already great. We appointed a sporting director with the ability to unearth new players. Why isn’t Monchi here to explain? He bought us players who are completely unsuitable and are uncommitted and they say they can’t wait to go to United or Real Madrid. We spent €42 million on Schick, who everyone described as a champion but all I see is a player who hasn’t committed himself. We need to be more concrete and avoid buying useless players”.

2. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's rough but he isn't completely wrong.

romanista8910 repped this.
  3. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That guy definitely posts here

4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #5330 falvo, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    I am always skeptical about a Czech became a billionaire and made money. They were a poverty stricken , communist country up until 1992.

How many former Soviet nuclear bombs were sold to China or Iran for this guy to become a billionaire?

6. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You think any of these billionaires make their money ethically?

wm72, Haakon24, Java65 and 2 others repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trump did! Hahahaha!

On the other hand, I fell asleep watching Rosella Sensi last night but I’m glad she didn’t sell the club yo George Soros when he was trying to buy Roma!

8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I love Roma I wouldn't come near them if I had that kind of money. I probably wouldn't touch any Italian club to be honest, the bureaucracy in Italy is beyond any country.

9. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I really hope that Pallotta won't sell. Given the state of the Italian bureaucracy as you've said, I don't think that many foreigners would have the business culture to deal with such kind of bother and while I am pretty sure that things in USA are happening much more easier, it's still a place where politics are a big part of business, so maybe Americans like Pallotta are better prepared to deal with silly demands and delays and the annoying parts of doing business in countries like Italy.

10. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In America if a billionaire owner of a club said he would like to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a privately fu dead and owned stadium they wouldn’t drag it out for years they would rubber stamp his proposal on the spot.

Such is the difference between the US and Italy.

11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    The only way I see Pallotta selling is if the stadium just can't happen and he's tired of the shit.

I don't think it'll be anytime soon, however.

shiboboo repped this.
  12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. Just as a point of reference; In May of 2012 the Detroit Red Wings (hockey) reported they hired a firm to design a new arena.

The new arena includes condos, shops, etc, much like what Pallotta proposed. To complicate matters part of the new stadium complex required that the Wings deal with a number of homeowners to buy their property. The Wings opened their new stadium in Sept of 2017.

The Stadio thread was started in Jan of 2011, over a year before the Wings started their project, and Roma are no closer to breaking ground than they were in 2011. I read today that a traffic analysis is due on Jan 9!?!?!? Are you kidding me, it's one delay after another.

In most countries you have bureaucracy, in Italy it's x1000 because you must deal with 1000 little fiefdoms (city, region and national). Each one wanting to flex their muscle and feel important. This stadium is never going to be built.

13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Sorry, I’ve been busy with traveling and work recently. The swiss rumble thread explained things well, my addition would be that our revenues are paying for payroll + other operating and admin expenses but the amortisation costs (related to player acquisitions) got so high that we need a big sale or 2 to balance out the books.

Pallotta and Monchi are continuing to spend to the very max.

Shen-O, Oban14 and Midfield General repped this.
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Haakon24 repped this.
  15. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  16. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    shiboboo, Hustle and Flow and Java65 repped this.
  17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not sure if this belongs here or not but I couldn't find a Monchi thread....

upload_2019-3-8_3-32-27.png

19. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club just confirmed he's gone too. We're such a circus.

Shen-O, shiboboo and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I read Totti may step in to replace Monchi but is he ready to step into the role of director? Being a year and half removed as a player, I doubt he is very knowledgeable about player acquisitions or the transfer market….

21. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Then why didn't Monchi (a clown) succeed

Vulpinous repped this.
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't have to be, he just needs to be the face... Baldini will be the man behind the curtain.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #5348 falvo, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Totti is the face of the organization. I believe he already has the glorified title of “director” that Nedved has at Juve. The only difference is Pavel is more of a tour guide for fans and visiting guests showing everyone around ....

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well nobody really understands Romanesco anyways ;)

25. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club posted a response from Pallotta on Monchi's presser back at Sevilla. Sounds like a failure on both sides. Everyone admires the Dortmund and Sevilla models but nobody wants the growing pains of that transition.

At the same time, Monchi can't expect the kind of breathing room and carte blanche he had at Sevilla. You need to win that hardware before your boss, supporters, etc. treat you like you've won all of the hardware. He loved EDF so much he didn't have one person in mind as a replacement? Bull. He wanted out and saw that as the fastest way.

wm72 and shiboboo repped this.