Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was always going to be a danger with our "American Hero" owners; little to no knowlege of football ( or probably soccer as they will call it ) - particularly in a country like Italy. One bad decison after another with no plan; nothing more of a pipe dream with the stadium; which I think they will admit themselves, they vastly underestimated.

Porreca is correct; how on earth can we not get a sponsor, even school children get sponsored for reading books. At least if this article is to be believed, they may be learning from their mistakes, maybe there is hope for our " American Heroes".

porreca repped this.
  2. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
  3. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Let's not get our hopes up though, I think Manolas is gone no matter what funds we have. He seems intent on going, I'd hope he would stay but I don't see it.

I know I sound like a broken record but I'd love to bring Politano and Pellegrini home.

romanista8910 repped this.
  4. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    a big clap for our "American Hero" owners!

romanista8910, Oban14, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One huge positive thing I noticed on Sunday, were the heckling towards our American Heroes. I thought that was fantastic, that at least the fans will put them under pressure to get results - and at least showed their dismay of the way Totti was treated.

So depsite 99 % of this forum, having somewhat of a patriotic romance with their fellow countrymen, it is obviously not shared where it is important... in Caput Mundi.

8. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    Cool story bro.

Go back to whatever hole you were hiding in.

9. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, and you Sir; should go and learn proper English and let the grown-ups talk.

10. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    The only time you show your face in this forum is when Roma is going through a rough patch. You add zero value to the discussion.

The American owners as bad as they have been rescued this club from financial ruin but I didn't realize LordNelson never studied accounting and economics.

ErPupone repped this.
  11. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    2 record breaking seasons already under the American ownership and they are still getting scrutinized lol

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Midfield General repped this.
  13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Midfield General and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well...Lord Nelson definitely says weird things.

TheNewMeazza repped this.
  15. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Truly classy insults, from people who can't even put a proper sentence together. The other stuff, well thats just disgraceful behaviory, I will not even comment on.

16. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    Yes you're certainly above that lol

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No need to get hysterical and overly emotional about nothing at all, Nelson.

18. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take it from me, use the ignore button. No point in reading his nonsense. Eventually he will just go away.

ShoelessMan repped this.
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, thats what I did. He's a troll and adds nothing of value.

20. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think some of you have some real issues. I stay on topic and give an opinion, obviously for most of you coming from over the pond - it is somehow difficult for you to accept, that someone takes exception to your fellow countrymen. I can only put it down to some odd nationalistic thing you have got going on.

Funny thing is, I am pretty sure even the older members of the forum would agree, I have continued to be right and most of you unfortunetely have been and willl continue to be wrong.

21. TheNewMeazza

TheNewMeazza Member

May 14, 2017
    Pot meet kettle.

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I have a serious question though. Was the term Gaylord meant to be a plural or self regarding title?

La Magica repped this.
  23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope Totti stays on at Roma. It looks like MDS is going to join the front office and Balbo is going to serve in some capacity. It appears Balbo will be working in the US as he spends most of his time in Michigan because his kids live there.

romanista8910 repped this.
  24. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article is from earlier this year but I think it needs to be repeated just how far this club has come. In the Deloitte's latest valuations Roma came in at #15 and for the first time ever they finished ahead of both Inter and ACM.

It was only 6 years ago this club was near bankruptcy and now we are only behind Juve in Serie A. We have hired one of the most respected ds in the world. Our youth program is one of the best in Italy. We have a chance (slim as it may be) to build the first new stadium in Italy in 30 years.

There are things we need to fix for sure, starting with getting a sponsor and it would have been better if Spalletti would have stayed. Overall this club is much stronger than it has been in a long, long time and the building process is ongoing and there are no quick fixes, especially with FFP.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...than-their-201314-season-just-two-years-ago-1

Oban14 and shiboboo repped this.
  25. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're wrong you cheeky fellow, the Americans have ruined us...
    signed - @LordNelson

romanista8910, whill4, Oban14 and 5 others repped this.