club against racism

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by tomo, Aug 24, 2004.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Strange news from the GBA (A club from Antwerp) front. The club's management wrote an open letter to all press sources yesterday stating that if the harassing of club player Kristof Snelders wouldn't stop, they would feel forced to hand the club over to someone else. Kristof Snelders is the grandson of someone in the management and this is not taken in gratitude by the supporters. 'My grandson has been bullied for more than a year now, it's about time we'd given a sign that this isn't appropriate. I didn't conclude to go into action, it were the other members of the board.'

They also said that the club had never performed so well and supporters should be grateful for the efforts taken.

Kristof Snelders isn't a bad player in my opinion. He has been in the youth teams of Feyenoord and only returned to GBA at his 18. He is the son of former international and nowadays assistant national team coach Eddy Snelders.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the kid is black and they are giving him grief?

Pinheads.

Just stupid stuff.

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

That's the whole point: the kid's not even black. The supporters just keep on bullying him because he's the grandson of a member from the board.
    I just don't understand why because I think he definitely has the qualities to be a valuable player in the jupiler league.

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we should change the title of the thread to "Clubs against Nepotism" ;)

If the kid's a player, then they should just shut up and let him play. Stupid fans. Send him on loan and let him impress.

5. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg
    Let's say 'Club for literacy'. There is a HUGE work to do to make the fan smart enough to avoid screaming obscenities.
    That refrain me from taking my kids to the game, that's why, even if I'm a fan, I rather go to the Giants Stadium than the Liege stadium.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for that as well. Went to a Revs game and had some guy screaming some pretty vulgar stuff...and he was talking to his daughter! ;)

7. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Kristof Snelders is moving to FC Brussels. Also Bertrand Crasson is going to Brussels. He comes from Lierse.

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck kid. I hope he does very well for them and the fans open their eyes to their foolishness.