Class of 2009 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by cbg2004, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am willing to bet the game will be on ACC Select.

2. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    So what has happened to Soccer Buzz? And doesn't Top Drawer Soccer usually put out a recruiting class ranking?

I always loved the discussion and back and forth in regards to them all.

3. UncleFugly

UncleFugly Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah -- SoccerBuzz always did a nice job with the analysis. Seems they've dropped off the planet. No updates in ages. I think TopDrawer is doing it, but will issue them in stages. You'd think there'd be manpower issues with that project -- all those teams and all those conferences.

4. darntaz

darntaz New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Topdrawer does a college ranking. They seem to be the only site that is expanding. This week they did live coverage from the club regionals.

5. eastcoastsocer

eastcoastsocer New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Having just started following the club stuff a little more closely it seems as though the "top" clubs didn't do so well or should I say as well as they usually at regionals. In Region 4 Slammers didn't get a team to the final in Region 2 and 3 Eclipse and Texans didn't do their usual run of the region. PDA looked to only have 2 or possibly 3 teams going to regionals.

Are the other clubs catching them?

PDA, Slammers, Eclipse and Texans have had the most talent what happened this year?

6. REALSOCCER

REALSOCCER New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I would bet that is not correct. There is another league that gives teams automatic bids to Nationals.Some of the top teams don't play in regionals because they have already secured their spot in nationals.

7. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    In Region I there is a "wildcard" into Regionals through the Region's "premier league" but for only that league's champion (or runner up) and there's usually only 1 or 2 spots at each age so it really can't be relied upon. The region did this to encourage the better clubs to participate in the league as it represents a back-door in case you choke in your State's Cup. I think most, if not all, Region I clubs would use the wildcard as a safety net and get to regionals via their State Cup. This is for USYSA Region I regionals, Not nationals. I would be very surprised if there was another way to USYSA Nationals other than being a regional champion.
    This is on the girls side btw, not boys. The "academy" has diluted all of this for the boys and its coming on the girls side too. In fact, youth soccer in the US is getting less organized, not more, as Adidas and Nike fight over youth soccer money and get the clubs to buy into "National leagues" and such.......

Bottom line - in the next few years it will become harder and harder for college coaches to find the best players through their traditional recruiting pipe-lines and the best players will find themselves making tougher and tougher decisions about where and when to play club soccer- and be paying a lot more for it.......the influence of money and labels ultimately works against these players not for them - imho.....

8. UncleFugly

UncleFugly Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bravo -- and dead-on. Although you'll hear a lot of talk about injecting more creativity into the youth game, and making it more inclusive, all this academy stuff and national leagues is just making it more exclusive and less diverse. And with all that requisite travel, who's got time for the pick-up match where the creativity is fostered? IMHO, the labels and their dollars are leading USYSA down the wrong path. What a shame.

Okay, now back to the thread's original programming...

9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin

11. NilamCA

NilamCA Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. SoCalFootie

SoCalFootie New Member

Sep 30, 2004
    could the class of 2009 be returned to the spreadsheet? I know I use it as reference alot and when the college games begin, I will want to look players up again. Or give me a chance to copy to my computer ....

thanks

oops found it under Archives!

13. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002

You still doing this spreadsheet. It seems to have gone away over the weekend. I visit it often and would love to see it back.

Thanks.

14. cbg2004

cbg2004 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
  15. futbolmom88

futbolmom88 New Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Hi,
    When I try to open your recruit list I get an error message in Google that says:

" We're sorry. The publishing options given are not valid. Please check the options and try again. Find out more at the Google Docs Help Center."

Please updae your link so we can access your recruit list.

Thanks kindly.

16. cbg2004

cbg2004 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Just an FYI ... the URL for the recruiting spreadsheet may have changed for some who had previously bookmarked it. The new location can now be found at the following location:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...DA&output=html

You can also access it via the following link:

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

17. Soccerfl

Soccerfl New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Enjoyed the top twenty-five team rankings for the 2009 recruiting class. Was this posted somewhere else or personal option?

18. cbg2004

cbg2004 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Those were my personal rankings based upon some objective criteria that I came up with. For those who didn't see, the Top 25 recruiting rankings I posted can be found in the archives on the spreadsheet.

19. maris

maris New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    For the past month, I have been unable to access the spreadsheet for the Class of 2009 - any help would be appreciated. This is the Google message I receive:

The publishing options given are not valid. Please check the options and try again.

20. PlayboiXL

PlayboiXL Member

Apr 5, 2008
    what happened to the best thread ever?

21. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    nobody is recruiting 2009 kids. they should be in College by now. In 3 years they will have graduated.