CL Semi-final (2nd leg): Roma vs Liverpool (May 2nd, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Apr 29, 2018.

1. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    To be completely honest i feel the ref made mistakes in both legs some for us some for you.maybe more for you. I believe Roma made more mistakes than Liverpool. There were times in both games i was terrified of how Roma were playing and im sure it was the same for you. i really wish your club a bright future. You'l be back Romans are Romans after all. YNWA

chaponga repped this.
  2. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't need to tell myself anything, really.

It's easy - Google "Barcelona forum", then change the Barcelona word with any non-EPL team and probably many EPL too will do, they have CL threads there, go read about, count the votes, then come back with your fairy tales.

3. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    Whatever makes you happy. i think were done here dude. we disagree and that's ok. you want me off this thread so let it be and all the best for the future.

4. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    The first and the last 20 minutes of the first leg Roma was the better team. The first goal, which came in after 2 fouls committed in a row in the midfield, gave Liverpool the motive to press more which lead to the 2nd goal. Then came in the third goal which was an offside. Down by 3 goals away is devastating for any team especially when 2 of these 3 goals were due to poor refereeing.

In the second leg the bad refereeing kept going. Dezko was never an offside and he was denied a penalty which also could have led to a red card for Karius. This could have changed the game a lot! Also the second penalty, Shaarawy's shot blocked by raised hand, could have changed the course of the game.

This is what the Roma fans have been trying to say. It is very hard to watch your favorite team face such amount of bad calls in a UCL semi-final and expect them to say "Yeah we lost because you are a better team" because in all honestly we didn't see Liverpool as a better team but a team in the same level as Roma.

5. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    i think you made a great argument for your team. I will not sit here and say your totally wrong because your not. IMO i believe we did enough to get through. You believe it was unjust in parts. I believe we are both right

6. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Pietro Calcio, whill4 and KingKennyLFC repped this.
  7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its *you're Mr Intellectual.

Won't lower himself to name calling and his next post reads

Your troll game needs work

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Kenny's gone all collywobbles. His passive aggressive rants are failed attempts at trying to deal with the unconscious guilt he is being overwhelmed with because of the charity that his team received. It's not working out well for him. He's gone balls up defending the gifts his team received whilst accusing others of having convinced themselves of fantasy. Seems a pretty good indication of one's fanny going all wonky.

Step away from the computer Kenny.
    [​IMG]

La Magica, Pietro Calcio, Shen-O and 2 others repped this.
  9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well he scored twice against Roma last game. I could see how fans wouldn’t like that. Not many former players who score against their old clubs receive a great reception. I know Higuain didn’t at Napoli. I seem to remember Roberto Mancini getting a great welcome when Lazio went back and played at Sampdoria but that was a different story and time.

Salah also never came close to scoring 50 goals at Roma. That might be another reason for resentment. If he had done what he did at Liverpool this year, (which is nearly impossible in Italy as the defenses are highly sophisticated in league play anyway) he would still be with Roma.

10. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    i wouldn't disagree with anything you said. i just answered the question. I would say he's scoring much more now because we are playing more to his strengths allowing him closer to the box and we play an aggressive hi press game that suits him much more. On a side note his finnishing has improved. early in the season he had lots of chances and missed but has worked hard on that aspect of his game because he was getting more chances.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand and I’m not arguing either. Just saying it’s a lot easier to score in England than it is in Italy. I’m not saying it’s an easier game but it’s tactically different style and the philosophy and approach on how to defend and attack are completely different.

Whichever way anyone turns it, Salah wouldn’t be scoring the same amount of goals if he stayed at Roma. That’s pretty much a fact.

12. KingKennyLFC

KingKennyLFC Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Apr 13, 2018
    Agreed on all of the above

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pallotta is being charged by UEFA for "improper conduct" for saying the lack of VAR "is an absolute joke."

Hopefully he pays his fine in coins.

14. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope Liverpool wins the CL final because we aren’t going to let the troll opportunity pass. It will be a card worth winning.

Moebek repped this.
  15. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    If they win it with dubious calls, plus the UEFA website incident. They will be ashamed of the trophy. Bittersweet

16. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I stand with him on this one. First and foremost our play in the first leg was atrocious so I blame us first as we lost composure and collapsed. But in the entirety of the situation we did get screwed. Dont know if it's because UEFA didn't want us in or just very bad reffing but in the end some of those calls should have been made, and if they were, we are more than likely going to the final.

Oban14, wm72, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  17. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The English on ESPN tried spinning it like everyone is claiming a conspiracy, like UEFA met in secret to push Liverpool through...to discredit the entire conversation. They were already laughing before they could finish their sentences and only got louder like a woman, like KingKenny. Getting loud doesn’t change anything, just highlights their refusal to allow VAR because it wouldn’t have benefitted them.

When Chelsea Barca from the last decade was brought up to them, they ignored it completely because they forgot how they cried and whined when Drogba and Ballack did not get the right calls. Thats where UEFAlona began, from the English.

18. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm assuming everyone here has seen the ESPN commentary after the game. Just disgraceful. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but there is a correct and classy way to do it. They also showed they have 0 football knowledge.

Barilla, Pietro Calcio, wm72 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After speaking with Marcotti, they cut to some non-Italian guy from the continent and he said the same we did...and they ignored him, because he didn't share their same thoughts....of course. Why can't VAR be allowed...why do we have to allow such controversy every year? Quickly ignored.

Pietro Calcio and romanista8910 repped this.
  20. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I know ignorant pundits (and there's no shortage of them regardless of where you're tuning in from) can be extremely annoying to listen to, but I learned a long time ago to pay them no mind. Waste of time and energy. There opinions are utterly irrelevant.

romanista8910 repped this.
  21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't believe what I was hearing yesterday. I understand for ESPN in general, they love controversy as it brings in views. Especially for a show like this that is obviously not doing well. However, shouldn't there be at least some level of journalistic integrity? They were full on twisting statements from the club into some tin foil conspiracy theory. If any of them actually read or listened to the interviews, our primary anger was in regards to VAR.

Here's the full video if anyone wants to raise their blood pressure. Skip to 3:25 for Gab Marcotti firing back.

22. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    English fans and pundits usually display a blend of bias and blind arrogance so absurd that it seems a comedy sketch.

It's such stark contrast to Italians that are usually way too prone to take the most negative, pessimistic, glass half-empty (i.e. Lord Nelson-lover) views of their teams and league.

Calcio Pauly and Barilla repped this.
  23. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Just watched it, what a bunch of......

When you start to scream and shout you know you that your argument is weak.

Calcio Pauly, Pietro Calcio and Shen-O repped this.
  24. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to meet a grown man that will tell me Mane was a penalty, face to face, without seeing him trying to hide laughter. I don't believe he actually exists. "The neutrals" all agree, LOL...

Calcio Pauly repped this.