CL Round of 32. Borussia Dortmund vs...

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This win was the bare minimum, although 2 away goals complicates things. Still good to see the team fight back though.

As for winning the EL, I can't see it, not with this team/coach. QF, maybe SF at best.

2. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    At this point I don't see how one can justify Toljan as being anything else but a depth type of player for team of Dortmund's caliber. His 1v1 defending is atrocious, hurts my eyes watching him trying to defend.

3. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    I still miss paslack. Toljan can go back home. We need a rb and lb right now. I saw reus almost missing like 10.

4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What o the regular LB like Guerrero and Schmelzer

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schmelzer is still recovering from injury and Guerreiro picked one.

6. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gotze was incredible once again. I was pissed to see him come on for Reus and not Castro....

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    IDGAF either...that is a douche-bag thing to say making you a total dick!

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you watch the game again and the goals, you will see that Toljan was hung out to dry by Weigl and Schürrle. People are going gaga over the latter but his defensive performance was extremely poor. I don't like Schürrle but whatever, I let that fly. What we essentially had was that Weigl was still patrolling the midfield by himself because Castro is crap, he cannot do it all himself. This is exactly why we need Dahoud next to him. He improved our midfield stability a lot.

Bottom line is that Stöger, is tactically limited. Not creative enough. Is not able to address midfield issues, will not field Mo for 90 min to support Weigl. It took him 2 months to realise that Götze is a natural no. 10 and he repayed that with 2 assists last night. How long will it take for him to realise that Castro should be left off the squad permanently?