CL MD4: BVB Dortmund vs. Apoel Nicosia

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MtnGardener, Nov 1, 2017.

1. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    The beginning of the improvement or continuing to get worse?

So far Bosz has said he'll implement his style gradually. And so far BVB has gotten worse gradually. Let's hope today is the day he proves he isn't forever in over his head in the Champion's League.

Let's bank the home points and get the swagger back. Two for PEA who refinds his finishing touch. One for a midfielder and finally some assists for CP. 3-1 BVB, because if that high-line stays as it is there is no way for a shutout.

2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good luck guys! #UCLKlassiker2018

Liquid1010 repped this.
  3. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol in a dreamworld

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still no Dahoud anywhere. No sign of Toljan. At least Sahin, Castro and Schmelzer are on the bench.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Not surprised to see no Dahoud. Toljan doesn't really deserve to start either.

However, I am not happy at seeing Bartra at right back. Disappointed to see no Zagadou in the squad.

As for the bolded I would not be so pleased about it. From the way Bosz operates, it seems they are rested for the big game against Bayern rather than being dropped.

Fantastic to see Raphael start though.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Beautiful goal by Rapha for the lead. Kagawa with the assist.

Bk77 repped this.
  7. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kagawa pass out of this world .

Bk77 repped this.
  8. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kagawa has been the main creativity factor in the team so far

Quigs repped this.
  9. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    I dont miss castro or sahin

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Decent first half. We were in control and I think allowed only one good attack for them. Lead could have been higher but either the finishing was unlucky or especially in the first part, the accuracy of the last pass was lacking.
    But this game also shows how bad our result was in the first leg against this team.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And again, we concede a goal after a counterattack while being in the lead.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Sahin and Castro are being saved for the starting line up against Bayern then we are royally screwed and I see no reason to keep Peter Bosz after that. They have Alcantara, Martinez, Tolisso and Vidal. We have Sahin and Castro. What a joke.

13. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    We could stand some of the luck we are giving up with these ricochets that end up right back to the attacker. BVB hasn't been great but also there aren't any of "ball falls nicely but undeservedly" goals for, and over the last few matches there have been several against. Combined with wasteful finishing (though not today) the offense isn't scoring like it can.

Of course the offense isn't the biggest problem over the last few, but for today... just one lucky bounce? Please?

14. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Hand ball. And off the bar. Man. Just one break. The hand ball isn't even luck. That is just plain seeing the ball, ref. But the bar? Come on, physics. One break.

15. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Auba. Must hit.

16. lamcam

lamcam Member

May 19, 2004
    California
    BVB plays like a mid table Bundesliga team now...can't even win against Apeol (am I spelling correct?) at home...o_O

17. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    No luck. No ref. No finishing. No win :(

18. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What crisis Aki ?

chewz and Liquid1010 repped this.
  19. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    I'm not sure why any of you were cheering for Dortmund today. Were they to have won, it would have only prolonged Bosz's tenure at the club, and the tailspin would have drawn itself out to whatever misserable bitter end of a trajectory we seem to be on. I think this result clearly shows that management got their decision wrong and that a change is necessary. The tactics are just plain wrong. The high line, the 4-3-3, and I think it's quite obvious at this point that we shall see no change in any of this. It's sad but, c'est la vie. Bosz sadly needs to depart. I think the step up for him came a little too soon.

20. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    now just need bayern to trash us and with any luck that be enough to get rid of PB

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Stop the bleeding. Admit it was a mistake and get the right man in. Another very poor day for the Bundesliga.

We will be fighting with APOEL to make the Europa.

22. Tore Claesson

Tore Claesson Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Club:
    Molde FK
    Literally every draw/loss we do is exactly like this. There is no coincidence. Don't blame it on luck.

Quigs repped this.
  23. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Better result then I was expecting honestly. PB is way over his head and this squad is completely lost and without direction. I almost hope we get pounded 7-0 by Bayern so someone wake up and start taking the necessary actions required to correct this dire situation.

24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:1 in the end. Shameful. You can't really attack the team's attitude. Just one bad scene in the buildup (bad pass from Bartra to Pulisic who then loses the ball followed by a wild tackle) gave them the goal while Auba is in a phase without any luck at all.

We also need to find another solution at RB. Bartra's passes from the right into the center aren't good and we are desperately missing his abilities as a CB to help the transition from defense to attack.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now there will be another round of blaming the performance and the players and how it takes time to adapt.

The press needs to hit Bosz with questions on Toljan, DAZ and Dahoud. Why the hell are players like Toprak and Schürrle playing???