CL MD1: Tottenham Hotspurs vs. BVB Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Sep 11, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WTF is this shit from Kicker? I hope they're smoking some strong stuff.

[​IMG]

The whole of Europe was chasing Mo Dahoud and he's riding the pine at BVB!?!? Somebody needs to go and dropkick Castro out of the line-up. We got this kid because of his performance in the big games. We are in the group of death ffs. Let's not do something stupid like let Castro continue getting a starting spot.

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why was Dahoud benched v Freiburg? Surely it would have been better to rest Castro in that one in preparation for this game if he is indeed starting on Wednesday, and let Dahoud start to integrate by playing in that one.

As a Spurs fan I would rather face Castro though, so I hope that this line up is correct.

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The worst part of Castro is that he never gets injured. Every time I see him on the pitch I do so with the wish that he suffers a long-term injury, because at this point it's the only guaranteed way he won't play. What's more baffling is that BVB writers like Stefan Buczko and Lars Pollmann who've openly hated Schürrle since the rumours of his signing started floating around seemingly approve of the useless piece of shit that is Gonzalo Castro. Even worse, they consider Toprak a good player.

4. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    What value does Sahin add to this team? He is too slow for a creative midfielder, has horribly weak right foot and average at delivering long balls. He simple does not help in creating chances for the team. He is not good with set pieces either. Dahoud should replace Sahin and not Castro.

5. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Gonzalo Castro is not as bad as most of the members here think. He has very good work rate, decent touch and turn, not so bad movement without the ball and pretty powerful shot (mostly off target though). Overall I would rate him as a player who can play every game in BL, but not a CL material.

astrophyz repped this.
  6. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw where do Kicker usually get their information regarding line ups? A reliable source or is this just a speculated line up?

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's theoretically reliable but they do have reporters who have insider info. But when it comes their own analysis, it's mostly complete BS, especially their player ratings.

8. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At some point you have to wonder if the coach is seeing something in training that you all do not. If Dahoud was out performing the other players in training he would be starting. Perhaps he doesn't have the workrate and fitness to press like Bosz wants.

9. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really looking forward to this match - it will a great test against a club with good offensive firepower. To date this year we haven't really been tested at the back, but even without Alli Tottenham are very good going forward with Erikson, Kane, Son, and Dembele. This will be a huge test for our defense.

Predict a 2:1 victory or a 2:2 draw.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Let's hope Castro suffers a torn ACL, that will take him out for pretty much the entire season.

12. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Oof. Even joking that comes across harshly. How about he has two awful lapses that Tottenham fortunately shanks, gets subbed out, and BVB proceed to win 3-0.

hava and MatthausSammer repped this.
  13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't worry about Castro playing, with Sissoko on the pitch this match will be like 10 v 10 anyway.

14. What do you mean? Bosz doesnot defend, he wants to score more goals than the opponent:D

15. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That hasn't been the result on the field. Are defense is far better than it was last year, we haven't been scored on in the BL and stood up well against Bayern in preseason. Our offense has been where we have at times struggled

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dude - WTF is wrong with you?

hava, Dage and MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This starting lineup is LEGIT

Burki piszcek sokratis toprak TOLJAN Sahin DAHOUD KAGAWA YARMOLENKO Puli and auba.

This is what I want to see!

inten repped this.
  18. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Slash, your wish id granted. Castro replaced with Dahoud. My worry will be defensive cover from the midfield positions.

bvbSlash repped this.
  19. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would generally agree, but we've been really solid thus far defensively and I think this lineup is built to produce 2 goals. If we can win 2-1, 2-2 we should be in great position

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yessssssss. No Castro. Yes Mo. I'm stoked to see Mo starting. Hope he plays 90 min and we don't see Castro on the grass.

That said PB has just introduced Kagawa after a long injury layoff. Götze didn't play 90 min so why not let him start?

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Twitter has gone absolutely ape shit bonckers over this lineup. Can't blame them. Apart from Götze, nobody is being missed.

Imagine if he'd put Weigl in there too.

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All right gents let's get this win
    This is not the game for Weigl to be reintroduced.

23. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Today there are no excuses! The best XI available are in there. I think it is a great idea since an away win isn't critical. Let's get this! 2-0. I'll take 2-1 since they have Kane and we are hurting in the back.

24. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gotze could be an option and a spark if we need it later on in the game

25. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club: