CL Final Watch Party

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by adoptedsooner, May 12, 2011.

1. adoptedsooner

adoptedsooner Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Norman
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey we are visiting some friends in Albuquerque the weekend of the game. Does anyone know of a place in that area that will be showing the game? Thanks.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'd be interested to know similar information in Barcelona. For instance will they show the match outdoors on a big screen somwhere? Maybe in Plaça de Catalunya?

3. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    The 2 Fool's Tavern in Nob Hill might be showing it.

http://www.2foolstavern.com/

But please call and ask in advance.

And please do post here if you find another place.

4. DanielBosse

DanielBosse New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Looking for the best place in New York to watch the game..

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That would be "Mercat". Unless you're a Man Utd fan, in which case its probably "Legends".

6. Rob Base

Rob Base Member

Apr 30, 2003
    'Burque, NM
    There's a pizza place near UNM called Saggios that has a room full of flat screens. For most big competetions they have a packed house and tune all 20+ tvs to the match. Decent atmosphere with many supporters, singing, etc... Even the non-partisan observers there are soccer fans. The restaurant owners are Italian and fans (the outside walls of the place have murals of June, AC Milan, etc...). I'll probably go there unless a friend with cable and big screen hosts something.

If my past experiences for finals (UCL, Euros, etc...) are an indication, you'll need to get there a little early to stake out a table.

EDIT: Also, the owners of Nob Hill Bar & Grill are supposedly huge ManU fans, so should have the match on. The last time I was there, though, they only had one relatively small tv. Two Fools usually has some soccer on their screens, and they have decent food as well.

7. adoptedsooner

adoptedsooner Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Norman
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestions all. We're still mulling the options. Our friend who will be staying with live in Moriarty which is list 20 or so minutes west of the city so that will factor into the final decision.

I'd prefer to be a non-hostile environment watching the game on as big of a TV as possible. There is a pizza place out here that is also owned by an Italian family. The name escapes me but I remember that they were big Juventus fans. Really cool folks.

8. ABSRD

ABSRD New Member

May 23, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does anyone know where I can watch the match in Amsterdam? Somewhere on a big screen perhaps?

9. Rob Base

Rob Base Member

Apr 30, 2003
    'Burque, NM
    Saggio's is not hostile, just usually full and loud with fans. In the case of ManU and Barcelona, there will likely be a good percentage of bandwagon 'fans' but also a lot of people that just want to see a good match.

Good luck.

10. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Any pub, basically. Try to stay away from the ones at leidseplein and find a cozy one in Jordaan, de pijp or Utrechtsestraat. Or Coco's Outback at Thorbeckeplein (close to Rembrandtplein)

11. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. laasan

laasan Member

Apr 12, 2010
    there should be a big screen in Plaça de Catalunya. but there's a political demonstration going on at the moment, so might get a little over crowded.

13. laasan

laasan Member

Apr 12, 2010
    update: the police apparently cleared it, so all should be fine.

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They tried to clear but didn't succeed according to SPiegel Online... Resulting in thousands of Barcelonians showing solidarity with the protesters.

15. laasan

laasan Member

Apr 12, 2010
    they did clear it, but people just went home, took a shower and came back.

16. banok

banok Member

May 26, 2005
    Budapest
    1 person likes this.