CL Final Barca/manutd - Will Man Utd Get A Player Sent Off ?

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by tracertong, Apr 29, 2011.

1. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either Pepe's foot has magical powers or Alves is a pansy. I'll go with the latter. The stomp appeared to be an accident. Pedro was sprawled out on the pitch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqztnTSPavk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Pepe no toca a Alves[/ame]

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Is that the video with deleted frames? :D Yes, there was no contact before or after there was contact. We can agree on that.

Watch the entire video now:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsyWYQR2iI0&feature=share"]YouTube - PEPE SÍ QUE TOCA A ALVES!????????!???? ??????? ???????? ???????[/ame]

3. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that looks more believable. I'd only seen the one I posted from friends who had showed it to me. I don't want to get into a tit-for-tat here. Although I do find it interesting that I see more players writhing in pain in one European match (esp. Italy and Spain) than an entire season of MLS. A league that is considered to be more physical.

4. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :rolleyes: Ah the hilarity of mindless people who post without knowing the facts. Welcome to the flat earth society, or the birther movement. Why even bother.

5. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silly me I saw a replay and assumed it wasn't doctored. Relax man I agree that is was a foul now. How does that make me a birther?

6. Gustav

Gustav Member

Nov 14, 2004
    here & there
    birther = gullible ;)

7. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After seeing the real video I changed my mind. Birthers, creationists, etc. continue to believe something even when new evidence is presented.

8. Gustav

Gustav Member

Nov 14, 2004
    here & there
    Are you saying you aren't a creationist?

9. 9sofine9

9sofine9 New Member

Sep 19, 2008
    does anyone know what channel it will be on in usa?

10. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be on Fox

11. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The question isn't will, it's how many.

Barca fans are some of the most stubborn and blind in the world, i'll admit that England are chokers in competitions and that Chelsea aren't the best team in the premier league at the moment. However, most barca fans will be disgusted if you even dare to suggest that they are not the greatest thing ever and that they dive and play act.

It's funny how over two legs of cheating and play acting by them, their only response is 'stamp by marcelo' or 'pepe made contact!' and fail to mention the countless number of dives and play acting by their team :D

Also funny how they say they aren't lucky after the countless decisions going for them in the last few seasons in the CL.

Truth is everyone outside of catalonia and their plastic fans knows that they are a dirty, cheating team.

Just watch now for a response from a delusional barca fan bringing up an isolated incidence where they got a decision against them or a video showing ronaldo or pepe :D

12. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wednesday's headline in L'Equipe, perhaps Europe's most respected sporting daily, summed up the semifinals perfectly.

[​IMG]

13. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unfortunately, the media don't help with their hype and the baffling way they seem to hold Messi up as the model of ethics and honesty.

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's because he is. My god, most football fans are hypocrites.

15. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :confused: ???????

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The victory of the game. You guys got google translate in the UK as well don't you?

17. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I don't think seventies Ajax had to play against ten men every game. Neither did the Real Madrid team of the fifties.

18. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Bit of a loaded question. Glad this year's final will be spared from the Portuguese false prophet & martyr who craves for red, providing his deluded narrative, when he bunkers against Barca.

^^^^^^

Yup, '09 Barca clearly struggled against 11-man Man Utd.

Expect repeat clinic in London.

19. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm told Paul Scholes has a habit of getting sent off at Wembley this season.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I think all Barca fans acknowledge that Alves and Busquets dive a lot, and Pedro too to a lesser extent. But they're just tired of the hypocrisy and sheer ignorance coming from others.

21. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Indeed, it's the haters who refuse to accept that just about every single time Barcelona's opponents have gone down to ten men that the expulsion was a justified one. Pepe's red is still being debated and those who say that he should have only received a yellow (or no card at all!) base their objective conclusion :)rolleyes:) on slo-motion replays, something match officials don't have the benefit of.
    Even Van Persie's second yellow can be debated as he claimed that crowd noise prevented him from hearing a whistle. Yet I've lost count of the number of Premier League fanboys who love to point out how dull and quiet Spanish stadiums are: "No passion, no singing, no atmosphere", they love to say. Yet now, all of a sudden, the crowd noise was so loud - during an attrack by the opposition no less - that players on the pitch can't hear the whistle. :rolleyes:

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Persie does it all the time.