News: Christie Rampone pregnant with second child

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by leviathan, Aug 25, 2009.

1. leviathan

leviathan Member

Mar 5, 2008
    cheap seats
    Club:
    --other--
    Everything Christie Rampone has been through and achieved in the last six weeks--and she's nearly three months pregnant to boot. Wow. Just wow. US Soccer announces her pregnancy here: http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Womens-National-Team/2009/08/Rampone-Expecting-Second-Child.aspx.

She's due in late March, plans to participate in the WPS All-Star game, but then is done with competitive matches for a while. She's targeting her return to competitive soccer (and availability for USWNT call-ups) for next June.

Congratulations and best wishes to her and her family!

2. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Player/coach, captain of the WNT and now expecting mother...

wow, just wow.

3. UNC4EVER

UNC4EVER Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Each time I think Christie Rampone has exhausted my capacity for awe and amazement, she proves me wrong. I am so impressed she could take on this coaching responsibiltiy and continue to play so well while dealing with an early pregnancy. She really is amazing.

I hope she wins some of those awards on Saturday. Who knows, maybe she'll sweep all three?

Congratulations to her and her family! She really is an inspiring athlete and an exceptional person. You gotta just wish her the best of everything...

4. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    She's made herself a legend. 99er, world-class defender, stalwart WNT captain, pro player-coach and champ, Olympic champ, soccer mom. Can't give her enough props.

5. SamsArmySam

SamsArmySam Member+

Apr 13, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Badass. I will file this story away as inspiration for my two daughters when the time is right.

6. athletica117

athletica117 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does this mean that Lori will be the only captain now, or will Pia name another co-captain until Rampone's return?