Christian Pulisic Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 21, 2015.

1. RefIADad

RefIADad Member+

United States
    Aug 18, 2017
    Des Moines, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the Berhalters and Earnie can trot out the “well, Pulisic was hurt” excuse if this week’s games don’t end well.

I was really hoping as many top guys could play to limit the bag of excuses for keeping the Three Stooges around.

bostonsoccermdl and dams repped this.
  2. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, even if they had Pulisic a loss would have been clearly understood as the consequences of a Mikey free game-plan.

Gacm32 and dams repped this.
  3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is all part of the process right?.... Right?

TOAzer repped this.
  4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Know exactly how you feel. 3G really make me miss those Klinsi days.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  5. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I hope CP keep refusing call ups until 3G is gone. And perhaps some of CP's buddies do the same.

This is a guy that cried in T&T when we missed the WC, who else did? This kid love the NAT Team and love wearing the colors, but he should not play for this incompetent fool.

CU soccer repped this.
  6. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I don't think so. When your top guy refuses to play for you, it says a lot. The sponsors with start asking questions when Pulisic is not in the game; especially when healthy. You're not going to sell lots of tickets or get lots of eyes on the TV without Pulisic. Money talks. The longer he refused to play, the more heat 3G, Stewart, and gang will face.

7. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love, Love, Love this and it was what I hoped for when the 'hip injury' was public. Awesome move IMO.

Gacm32 and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  8. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    You've leapt to the conclusion that Pulisic refused a call-up. There's no proof of that.

striker, tomásbernal and majspike repped this.
  9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I would bet money he probably does have a knock, he was already being subbed offf for a hip problem before he slid into the post with his hip. Either way, IDC as long as Bradley, Roldan, Lovitz are on the roster, and Beerholder is the coach IDGAF,

Honestly the interim guy had the guys playing better soccer than this ass clown.

I first fell in love with the game watching Brandi Chastain rip her shirt off and celebrate winning the WWC. I have loved the USMNT and remember searching to find the grainiest of streams in a foreign language back in the day, but after the T&T debacle and the obvious lack of give a shit from the PTB I could care less about the MNT even on 4KHD.

If they ever get their act together, I will watch them again, but am not planning on watching them unless they somehow stumble into the WC.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Pulisic has not refused the call, I bet he wanted to come to the last second. He's injured, and he was already going to be subbed when he scored that goal and hit his hip.

11. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason missing an injured Puli isn't an excuse is because there's a real possibility given how Hex teams will approach us, and how C'CAF refs ref the games, that he'll get the shit hacked out of him and miss a game here or there anyway.

Given the nature of Hex hackfests, a coach must have the ability to beat C'CAF teams while missing top players here and there.

50/50 Ball repped this.
  12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word. Despite what most of us think about GB... I am positive that CP wants to play for the USMNT no matter who is running the show.

I can't believe we have this joker leading the squad right now. CP, the rest of the players and the fans deserve better. Couldn't cut it in Europe... didn't win an MLS trophy... what were his qualifications and how can you watch the lack of a legit gameplan before reality sets in? Why were no others interviewed? Oh...whatever... same arguments everyone and their mother have already posted.

13. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    It is so bad I would trade a post 2016 JK for this moron. Hell, I would even take a 2017 Arena.

This is such a ********ing joke. I don’t even make plans to watch anymore. I used to take sick days to watch us play any game, now I just rather not suffer through 90 minutes of ber- balls

Deep Wilcox and Namdynamo repped this.
  14. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, officially he's injured but will probably play in Chelsea's next game. Win-win for Pulisic.

rgli13 and Gacm32 repped this.
  15. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    This initially struck me as an absolutely insane comment, but after thinking about it...I would also take 2017 Arena in a heartbeat over what we have now.

16. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Agree.

People that think Pulisic refused the call as a protest against Berhalter are delusional (same with Steffen). Even if Pulisic didn't agree with the coaching -- and there's little evidence to believe that's even true -- I don't think this is the kind of move he pulls.

Also, I don't think people realize that this makes it much LESS likely Berhalter gets fired. This is Earnie's experiment, and it's one more thing to pile on argument of giving more time to both Berhalter and the experiment -- no Adams for a year, and now no Pulisic or Steffen.

It also makes it less likely that Berhalter and Earnie make real adjustments -- because they are going to sell to themselves that this one doesn't count. And while this seems impossible, I do think Berhalter is still capable of shifting gears substantially. I just don't know that he will ... or that Earnie will.

Then again, I think the only way Berhalter / Earnie gets fired is if sponsors or broadcast partners apply pressure. Who has the 2022 World Cup in terms of US rights? Those are the people who can apply enough pressure to pull the trigger.

17. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic isnt injured....... it starts

18. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    nah - he’s so tight with McKennie and (I think) Sargent so they’d be all together in their action. He’s not that kind of guy IMO.

19. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    True, but he is still a kid, and the optic would be one of "he is an entitled brat... his head has gotten too big..who does he think he is.."
    Of course, WE all know he would be right, but it wouldn't go over well.. If a group of them did.. well then yeah.

20. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Maybe not yet, but one can hope soon enough.. Along with some more senior members.

21. dams

dams Member+

United States
    Dec 22, 2018
    My take is that Lamps applied some pressure. Between that and the fact that they have City coming up and he had a bit of a knock...that was that. I also don't think GGG making him look like a complete buffoon against Canada helped at all. It was the right decision.

If his ascent continues I wouldn't approach Pulisic as if he were some naive wet behind the ears kid if I were the Berhalters. They are liable to get their arses handed to them.

22. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    I want the USMNT to be better. I don't believe that can happen under GB. I want whatever scenario is most likely to lead to the end of the GB era.

23. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

As I said before, if the STAR man stop showing up for games. The people with the cash (sponsors) will start asking questions because it's impacting their bottom line, 3G, Stewart, and co. will feel the pressure.

Besides CP, we need guys like McKennie, Adams, etc. to stop showing up. If we loose to Canada again, the players are going to have to THINK hard if 3G is the guy they still want to play for.

24. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These games dont really matter, just a long term money grab by Concacaf. Let him rest.

I should say they dont matter for USA, for Canada needs this to get to the Hex.

25. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Adams must have given that issue a lot of thought before he solved it - the hard way!