Christian Pulisic Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 21, 2015.

1. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Every element of that play was on the razors edge of precision from the step he gained on his marker to the shape of the ball, the margin it beat the emergency defender trying to cut out service to Auba by and the final position of the ball the moment Auba put it in the back of the net. Fantastic ball and even better from the right angle.

898920499203510273 is not a valid tweet id

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I noticed Christian has fully grown into his body. All the previous awkwardness was gone.

His posture has improved, too. I wonder if that is the new management.

3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, I know. I wonder what the actual illness is. Clearly they are keeping it private.

4. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    Honestly my biggest worry about Christian with the US is if he'll be able to dial down his passing to account for the guys he's playing with. They'll be fine in Russia after camp, but it could be an issue in WCQs

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    He'll be playing with mostly current and former EPL, Serie A, B1, and Ligue 1 players. I'm sure they'll be able to handle his passing.

6. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of being a good passer and a 10 is making the game easier for your teammates. You can already see this is CP's game (and yes, give his squad mates a LITTLE credit)

Ghosting repped this.
  7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Pulisic looks like a Real Madrid type of player.

8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports that Messi is unhappy should seal the deal for the Dembele transfer. Barca need to make a move immediately.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  9. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got alert that Dembele deal is done, should open up more game time for CP.

Burr and ifsteve repped this.
  10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna have some tough assignments in Champions League again with Real Madrid and Tottenham in the group.

11. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's still good. But he needed to finish at least one of those chances today.

So maybe he sucks after all?

12. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good with the ball.

Gotta finish.

Watch out Ticos!

13. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah finishing was lacking but I love how aggressive he was cutting in and taking shots.

14. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BRADLEY ON PULISIC: "HE HAS FOUND A REALLY GOOD WAY TO FIT INTO THE GROUP.”

“He has surprised me for sure, just in terms of how good a player he is, and ultimately how quickly he’s been able to find the right ways to come into our team and make a real impact even at this level,” said Bradley during Tuesday’s press conference in New York City. “I can remember watching him with the Under-17s at the World Cup with Richie Williams and you could see his talent, his ability that was so clear, but you never know for sure how quickly some of the other stuff comes along.

“From the first camp that he’s come in with our team, he has found a really good way to fit into the group.”

“For me, it’s an amazing honor to be a regular part of this team,” Pulisic said of his growth. “Being in that playmaker role, it’s just kind of a style of mine and how I’ve played most of my life. It’s just amazing to be out there trying to help the team in whatever way I can.”

IASocFan, sXeWesley, MPNumber9 and 6 others repped this.
  15. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's nice that he is fitting in well with the guys, considering this is his team already.

16. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it possible that Christian Pulisic has been underhyped? Has this story been underpublicized?

Christian Pulisic Continues his Rise While Moving to Cusp of Mainstream USA Spotlight

We are less than 10 months away from a World Cup. The best player on the U.S. men’s national team is an 18-year-old who only broke into the starting lineup last fall. He is improving every day, starting games and scoring goals for Borussia Dortmund, one of the world’s best club teams, where he’s ably filling the shoes of a teammate who was just sold for more than $115 million to Barcelona.

In his last five games for the U.S., Pulisic has scored or assisted on seven of the team’s 11 goals.

In the past 16 months, Pulisic has already accomplished enough to become the best chance the U.S. has ever had of producing its first global men’s soccer superstar. And yet the turnout for Tuesday’s U.S. press conference with Pulisic in Manhattan’s trendy Meatpacking District was surprisingly sparse. In the media capital of the world, there were empty seats.

“Of course, I hear about all this stuff,” he said on Tuesday. “People talk about this kid, there’s hype, whatever. But I just try to keep it out of my mind as much as I can, because that doesn’t really matter to me. I put enough pressure on myself. … I just try to do the best I can for myself and the people around me. I think I have a lot of things to improve on, from just growing physically and being stronger to continuing to improve on doing what I do best, finding new ways to attack defenses and help my team on the offensive side.”

lmorin, 50/50 Ball, Bajoro and 2 others repped this.
  17. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is. Because (almost) everybody is afraid to be tarred with the embarrassment of another Adu situation. It's overcompensation.

18. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Empty seats in a press conference room = overcompensating and putting breaks on the hype train?

When did Adu ever get a "tactical cam" that follows him around the entire game?

I think the hype train's going along just fine. Whenever he touches the ball, the crowd waits with bated breath to see what he can do. He's the focal point of our offense. That's good enough. No need to worry about exactly how many beat writers attend a pre-game presser...

19. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not complaining. And I'm not saying there hasn't been a lot of hype. But there has been a palpable restraint in praising him, especially among long-time fans. That's just my subjective sense of it; but, I'm obviously not alone in that opinion. The premise is not that there's been little hype, but that it may still be muted relative to what a step-up he is for the U.S.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  20. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, sure, I can see that. Certainly around here, we're very aware of Freddy Adu Syndrome, especially anyone who follows/followed US prospects here or abroad.

orcrist repped this.
  21. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley's surprised the most talented American ever, worth more on the transfer market than the other 22 on this roster combined, can fit into a team and at a level lower than a BVB practice session?

Mikey, just get the kid the ball. That's your job.

22. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Occasionally, hold on to it for him for a sec.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, to be fair, MB's played with a pretty good team while at Roma, and he remembers Adu very well. He probably means it in terms of Pulisic not having any obvious personality problems, despite the fact that he's clearly better than everyone else. He (Pulisic) is probably keeping his head down, while saying the right things. Usually, really good players are headcases.

WrmBrnr, deuteronomy, Mr Martin and 2 others repped this.
  24. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was always a big fan of Landon Donovan. He was a reason why I have been following US soccer fir many years now.
    I can not find a good replacement for Landon. But Pulisic plays great. He is like Landon. I like to watch him in Bundesliga and USMNT.
    Great player.
    I still follow US soccer. US soccer has a good future, thanks players like Pulisic.
    Your fan, Supporter of USMNT
    Greetings from Germany ☺
    Bltleo
    Bayern München Fan, German NT fan and USMNT fan

HartwickFan, IASocFan, Namdynamo and 8 others repped this.
  25. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You are watching Pulisic and I am watching Schweinsteiger.

p.s. He did not play for Chicago today and Chicago looked terrible.

ussoccer97531 and bltleo repped this.