Chinese soccer stadiums

Discussion in 'China' started by psveindhoven, Feb 26, 2009.

1. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Anyone got pictures of Chinese soccer stadiums?

http://www.stadiumzone.net

has got a collection, anyone got more? It's really hard to find pictures of the Yizhong Centre in Qingdao, the 60,000 capacity stadium.

2. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Chinese stadiums are really beautiful, China is ready to host a FIFA World Cup. How come they are not one of the candidates which such beautiful stadia?

3. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think the main reason is the National Team sucks, and actually soccer is not as popular as 1980s' in China.

Qingdao Tiantai stadium, home stadium of Qingdao Jonoon, capacity: 20,525

[​IMG]

Qingdao Yizhong Sports Center, Capacity: 60,000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    China is in no way ready to host a World Cup. Of the 3 soccer specific stadiums it has (in Chengdu, Tianjin, and Shanghai), none of them are large enough to be used for World Cup matches. At same time, all of them that are large enough have large tracks around them and are, in most cases, very old and crappy.

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Yes, old and crappy. With exception of Guangzhou, Nanjing, Tianjin, Shenyang, and Bird's Nest all those venues are crappy.

Also, every one of those venues you gave pictures of, including the 5 above, are absolute horrible stadiums to watch soccer in. Have you been inside them? Having seen matches in 7 of the stadiums you pictured (Bird's Nest, Shenyang, Tianjin, Zhengzhou, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Chongqing) I assure you if international fans came to China to watch soccer at these venues, there would be massive complaints. Yes, there were tracks around some of the stadiums in 2002, but not every single one.

CFA actually did something right in not bidding for the World Cup.

6. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    South Africa had horrible stadiums before the World Cup. It can be fixed soon :cool:. And most WC stadiums in Japan/Korea also had athletic tracks. By the way, if you ever go to stadiums in Shenzhen, Chongqing, Dalian, Xi'an or Nanjing, can you please make a video and put it on youtube? I should really appreciate that. :)

7. davie1976

davie1976 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tianjin TEDA
    Club:
    Tianjin Teda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The pictures I took last month ... in Yuexiu-Shan Stadium, Guangzhou.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    lol is not so serious to put a score manualy on a electronic board