News: Chinese Players Transfer Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by YLbowman, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Actually Guangzhou decided not to offer Robinho a contract extension because he didn't do so well at the club. But your point about KYK still stands.

2. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guys lets stop arguing over some minutiae points about football here. Obviously there has been truth from both sides. In the past there has been talks about Evergrande pressuring KYK (esp Lippi) to stay at Evergrande and slapping a high tag on him, so they do have a point. HOWEVER, this time it was clearly KYK's own decision to renew his contract for 4 more years because, well, "money talks". As a fan, I really want to see both KYK and Zhang Linpeng test themselves in Europe to get a gauge of Evergrande's and CSL's level (club world cup is too small of a sample size), but that is clearly not happening because of the insane amount of money they are getting.

seolseol repped this.
  3. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I kinda see how you guys might be pissed at your own league too, for not allowing ur top players to move abroad. I kinda wanna see Linpeng play in europe to see what the fuss is about. But insanely rich chinese clubs should help their players move on if the player ask for it.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Everyone but ntg. is.

5. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The new Brazilian guy who signed for Guoan worded it perfectly. He said something along the lines of "everyone wants to play for their national team, but when you get that kind of money offered to you, you think about your kids and grand-kids and you have to make the best decision for your family. A footballer's career is short." I know Koreans love to rip NTH for opting early retirement by moving to Qatar, but from his perspective he is probably making the best decision even if his career has regressed as a result.

6. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Iam also partly upset because the K league cant provide these types of salaries compared to the C league and desert leagues (because k leaguers deserve it) and also how the Korean ppl rather stay at home and watch high level football instead of supporting the local teams.

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i am sorry that i stepped on your tail.

from all these years you post in bigsoccer, no one understand what the crap you wrote.
    go improve your writing skill and get a brain before posting here.

seolseol repped this.
  8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    high-level football as in european football?
    quite frankly it happens to different countries too. korea is not alone.

seolseol repped this.
  9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    many chinese posters are bitter about certain chinese clubs not allowing players to go oversea (because of high price tag). examples include chen tao and chen zhizhao.

beijing guoan allowed zhang xizhe and zhang chengdong to go on loan to european clubs. zhang xizhe did not make an appearance for wolfsburg, and zhang chengdong is still in la liga, with the possibility of going back home early.

10. kakpa

kakpa Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    a new law by the cfa like a "must buy out clause only for foreign clubs" beside the normal conditions and clauses in a contract, would make things alot easier.
    Therefor when a foreign club would pay that clause, the player can decide himself whether to go abroad or not. Chen Zhizhao had one in his contract, which was affected when a foreign club wanted him for like 200k€, but the club blocked it.( u can read the outcome on his wikipage).
    By the way, any rumours wu lei going abroad :/?

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no wu lei going aboard news. the last one was a while back about him going to copenhagen.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i might as well post this here (for those people interested in china-hong kong and china-taiwanese football news)

it is rumoured that turkish-taiwanese striker Onur Dogan (or Chu En-le) is going to Meizhou Kejia. i haven't seen confirmation yet.

a number of hong kong naturalized players will be going to Jia-A (one league below CSL) too. but still not fully confirmed.

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha. Just admit you are a bitter chinese dude. But you win I will go away for now :)

14. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    That's 2 problems, one being the overvaluation of players by the teams that we've covered in this thread, and two being them only sending players overseas to teams where they have no chance of getting first team football.

Zhang Xizhe is a clear recent case of this, same with those silly rumours of Zhang Linpeng going to Chelsea or Real Madrid. Same with Wu Lei being blocked from an FCK or Molde transfer a few years back because it was too "small" a team. At least Hao Junmin got minutes at Schalke, but he can't even be considered a success despite being played out of position, simply because of how little time he got and how quickly he was displaced by Uchida.

The only players I can think of within the last decade who had successes overseas were the likes of Sun Xiang (not at PSV, but at Wein), Shao Jiayi (Cottbus), and Zhang Chengdong (Beira Mar, Mafra). All smaller teams, some not in the top league, but at least they got time and they got chances to improve in a rigorous environment. Money is important, but spending your developmental years in a good environment will reap rewards later - the current trend of bringing these overseas players back on big salaries can see the players still cash in in the latter half of their careers if their overseas adventures don't work out. The CSL foreigner rules will always make good and proven Chinese players a high valued commodity, so why not try for it?

Until China develops players through a vastly improved youth infrastructure (that we likely won't see for another generation or two of players), we're not going to be competing with anybody at the world stage if players like Zhang Linpeng and Wu Lei stagnate by spending week after week beating up on teams like Chongqing or Changchun.

YenSter and soccerfanfromcanada repped this.
  15. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Exactly because Zhang linpeng at best should be playing on a team like Vitesse or maybe even Mainz 05 if we went to talk about higher level leagues. Honestly Wu Lei would have been best served by going to Copenhagen and look what happened to him now. Aside from potting in 12-15 goals mostly against weak teams in the CSL, his once promising potential has all but faded as he has been dismal on the international stage, which is a much better indicator of a player's quality. I really hope Zhang Chengdong can keep fighting at Rayo, but it certainly doesn't look good. As for Chen Zhizhao, he was the same case as Zhang Xizhe right? Simply wasn't good enough to break into Corinthians first team squad.

Two guys that we should look in the future to have a potential move to Europe in place are Shi Ke and Liu Binbin, although I would place my bet on Shi Ke more simply because there hasn't really been any Chinese attackers who succeeded in Europe recently. However, that really all depends if SIPG and Luneng are willing to let them go.

16. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    Absolutely. There's no reason to think they can't go higher than Vitesse or FCK, but they need to start somewhere where they can get a chance to prove themselves, and acclimatize to a new country/culture/training environment. I don't think only the premier Chinese players can ply a trade overseas. A lot of them can play in lower leagues abroad as well.

We just need a success story or three. So that these foreign teams will want to take a chance at Chinese players again. But that'll never happen if they need to shell out several million euros for a test run, whereas they can just get much cheaper players from elsewhere.

17. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Exactly. Sun Ke just moved to Tianjin Quanjian for about 9 million euros. 9 MILLION EUROS. He's not worth close to anywhere that amount.

seolseol repped this.
  18. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

I'll take a slightly different view than most about Chinese players going abroad. Except for the very young players, let say under 16 or maybe even 12, when they can still learn and develop at an optimal rate, I don't think it's such a good thing. Players that went abroad over the last decade and a half didn't really improve much overseas. Names that come mind include Du Wei, Li Tie, Li Weifeng, and Dong Fangzhuo. Even the better performing ones like Sun Jihai didn't really improve much. If they can get decent playing minutes, it's Ok for players like Zhang Linpeng to look into a transfer to Europe. Otherwise, there's no point. It's better if they just stay in China and aim high together with China instead of putting all Chinese aspiration on hold for a perceived move-up in a foreign transfer.

It seems to be true in basketball with Wang Zhizhi and Yi Jianlian too. Yao Ming was like Sun Jihai, got enough play time to stay in shape, but really didn't improve much.

YenSter repped this.
  19. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    I think improvement goes beyond just technical terms. It's going to be difficult to judge technical or tactical improvement. That's very contextual and opinion based.

However meaningful training and competition at a generally higher level of organization in Europe has benefits regardless of technical improvement. It's commonly stated that you have to play with the best to improve. I think being the big fish in a small pond has serious problems for improvement on a personal basis. It's honestly a wonder how Lippi and perhaps Scolari manages to keep a team like Guangzhou Evergrande motivated game after game. But when you get to this point, do payers like Zhang Linpeng or Kim Young Gwon even have the ability to improve when if what they're doing now is enough to keep winning? Improvement at the highest level comes from motivation (won't question that without knowing them personally) but also from challenge. How do you improve when no one can challenge what you do? What reason is there to change? And even if there is motivation, how do you get yourself to change what is working, and when no one can consistently challenge what's working?

soccerfanfromcanada repped this.
  20. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Going overseas definitely has its benefits. Just take a look at Zhang Xizhe. He didn't play a single second at Wolfsburg and yet when he returned to Guoan, he was playing perhaps the best stretch of his career thus far. Even training with the best will have its benefits although by no means I am a suggesting chinese players go to Europe and up like Zhang Xizhe cuz that is pointless if you never get to play, but I am sure Zhang xizhe was pretty humbled and learned quite a lot at Wolfsburg.

seolseol repped this.
  21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    #246 teamdragon, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    I completely get what you're saying. What you said and what I said don't exclude each other, in theory anyway. But empirical evidence hasn't been very supportive of your thesis. There's no doubt being challenged is important for development, and they do get that when they transfer to Europe, so the problem might be with some other things. A player to be a great player needs not just technical skills but also intangibles such as a vision and a belief and a killer instinct. Sitting on the bench in Europe, when it's on a prolonged basis, can be tremendously detrimental to a player's intangibles.

In Zhang Xizhe's case, he's the lucky one, especially considering the farcical circumstances. Got a boost of energy and possibly confidence from getting a chance to get a feel of playing with better players. And yet didn't get much damaged from sitting and getting stale on the bench since there hadn't simply been much time.

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    #247 teamdragon, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016

Every Chinese player should cut a deal like Zhang Xizhe's , basically for a realistic training camp in Europe to broaden his horizon, then come home with the pent-up energy and new prospective or even slightly better technique, as long as his club is willing and able to pay for it :)

Should be good for them, since, in general, an educational vacation is usually good for people. :)

Buggy88 repped this.
  23. Zhou Jiabao

Zhou Jiabao Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Li Shuai (Evergrande's backup goalkeeper) transferred to Shanghai Shenhua for about 3 million euros.

24. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    back-up, but regular when the world watched Evergrande at CWC.

3 millions euros for a 34 year old goalie? is not that much? especially a back-up? + shenhua have good keepers at the moment.

25. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    That's a ridiculous fee. I don't even...