Chievo Verona [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by king_allsopp, Aug 15, 2008.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't wait to see how he does. I like Bradley, he has good character.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As an Italian-American, I'm proud of both countries but I'm particularly glad to see American players starting to hold their own in Europe. I think both Italy and Spain however, as opposed to the rest of Europe, have shared somewhat of a bias towards the American player and I'm glad to see it coming to an end. To think only 3 (count them since the flood gates opened in around 1994-) have played in the Serie A, you have to wonder how many others could have come in? I mean every other country in the world is represented in Italy and in many cases, their national teams as well as their domestic leagues, are well below what the American players are or have become. When I see players from countries like Japan, Albania , Switzerland, Sierra Leon and Algeria you have to think there are just as many more as well as better American players where they came from.

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone seen any Chievo games, haven't lost since they started to implement Bradley but I saw his last game and thought he still needed time to adapt

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alberto Paloschi scored a consolation goal for Chievo in their 2-1 loss to Udinese. He needs to start. Thereau and Moscardelli aren't good enough for the Serie A, especially the former. Pellissier looks like he is past it and Paloschi has a bright future. He just needs chances. Unfortunately, he is coached by a d**khead in Domenico Di Carlo and he didn't play Poli and Macheda enough at Sampdoria.

5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Well Bradley seems to have been a success for Chievo. They sold him for 4million euros to ROMA where he's more or less a starter.

6. feli10

feli10 New Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Hi, I am a follower of Real Betis in Spain, I am interested in knowing what would to this day the ideal team to start the season of Chievo, thank you very much

7. ForzaChievo

ForzaChievo Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Verona
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    I now declare this thread mine.

In the past 24 hours, Mariano Izco and Alessando Gazzi have become the latest two players to join the number one team in Veneto.

Sal repped this.
  8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I come in peace from the El Salvador section.

Anyway, there was an article recently about a 16 year old Italian youth player named Jhonny Sanchez (he was born in El Salvador), who was invited to be a part of Inter Milan U-17 in 3 competitions, where he played 3 tournaments with them and scored 14 goals. He is now trying to get into the youth division of Cheivo Verona. Do you guys know about this at all?

Here's the article. It's in Spanish though, but the second paragraph of this post explains the main parts of it.
    http://www.edhdeportes.com/articulo/del-calcio-champions-mas-16212

ForzaChievo repped this.
  9. ForzaChievo

ForzaChievo Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Verona
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    Hi there! I don't know anything about this kid but if he ends up with us it can only be a thing for his future because we have one of the best youth development systems in Italy and we're currently Primavera (u20) champions.

La Trucha repped this.
  10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is ruben botta with you guys?

11. ForzaChievo

ForzaChievo Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Verona
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    It hasn't actually been made official yet but he's already training with the team.

12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah ok, thought it was weird that he played EL last week and was still on our roster. Given some time botta can really be a good link up player, a lesser version of VDV.

13. jezhead

jezhead Member

Feb 13, 2003
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy