Chicago Ticket Sales Tracker

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by schrutebuck, Mar 31, 2009.

1. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    June 6th vs. Honduras at Soldier Field - already 15,000 tickets sold 2 months before the game. We got 12,000 last round at Toyota Park vs. T&T in our 3-0 victory.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagot...-if-altidore-is-ready-to-play-90-minutes.html

I think we could get between 40,000-50,000, although about half will be Honduran supporters. Since its summer break, I might road trip it up with some friends to Chi-town.

2. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would love to be able to go up chicago as well with some friends and witness this game. and half being american fans half honduran will just make the atmosphere even better i think....i love competition

3. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    50% Honduran supporters would be a lot better than the Gold Cup Final. That seemed like 85-90% Mexican fans to me.

4. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect around 40,000 with 25K being Honduran fans. I'll be there with 5 other US fans.

5. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    15k US fans on a Saturday night in Chicago during the summer? Nashville had more on a Wednesday in Nashville in spring.

6. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006
    The soccer wire for this week says over 19k sold now.

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Congratulations to Nashville. Do you have enough cookies to pass out?

8. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    seems like a lot of people here will want those cookies.

9. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    i think there will be more than 40k at the match and more than 15k US supporters. im hoping for 20k US and 50k overall...

10. SCBozeman

SCBozeman Member

Jun 3, 2001
    St. Louis
    I was pointing out that drawing about 1/2 the US fans that Nashville did is unlikely. I figure 30,000 US fans either way, and probably another 30,000 Honduran fans.

Of course, the Hondurans will make so much more noise that everyone will say 70% Honduran/30% US, but still...

11. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the USSF actually bothered to advertise WCQs to Americans, this problem would be lessened.

There's barely any coverage on mainstream channels. Is it really so difficult to get that process going?

12. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's close in terms of attendance, there's no excuse for American fans to be that out-matched in intensity.

13. alligatorsam

alligatorsam New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Lake Charles, La.
    You would figure with a total population of over 300,000,000 that we could at least fill a stadium with our own fans. Or at least be a majority. I am driving up from Louisiana. Ten of us doing the road trip thing. All passionate fans for the USMNT. And proud of it. Even if we are a minority.

Cheers. Sam.

14. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so. I know it was only a friendly but the US-Brazil match drew around 40K. For what it's worth the Cubs are out of town but the Sox play Cleveland that afternoon. Personally I'm skipping the Sox game (I have season tickets) and I hope all other Sox/US soccer fans do the same.

15. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really contemplating going to this. It would be my first US game.. It's a Saturday night so I wouldn't even have to worry about taking off from work. Just fly up Friday evening. Fly back Sunday.

I wasn't able to make it to Nashville as it was on a weeknight, and I'm dying to go to a US game.

16. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was also NFL's opening day. If it wasn't you could bet there would be more there. USA vs Brazil and Bears vs Chargers played simultaneously which cost the USSF alot of money.

17. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008

i was hoping that the Sox game gets played in the afternoon and the US match is at night but I think the only way that happens is if Fox picks it as its game of the week. guess ill have to hit the Friday and/or Sunday games!

18. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    That was also a friendly that wasn't announced until after the Gold Cup games had been announced, and played. A lot of people spent their soccer money on the Gold Cup because there was no announcement about anything else coming to Chicago until late.

19. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember being in RFK the last time USA played Honduras in a qualifier at home. I will say that no matter how loud we will be at Soldier Field, Honduras will bring all their passion.

Our guys better bring their "A" game, Honduras looks straight up nasty.

20. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. That chant of "Own-doo-rah, Own-doo-rah, Own-doo-rah, Own-doo-rah" gets annoying after awhile. Hopefully their fans will say the same thing about "U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A."

21. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i'd love to go, but i have an exam that day...

22. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sox game starts at 3 but I'll be tailgating for the US match starting Friday night (at the Sox game).

23. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

The sad thing was about half of those people wearing the yellow Brazil Jersey's were 100% Americans. It was so bad that i saw a whole family wearing the Yellow Jersey the dad American as hell....the wife,the same...........and the 3 kids all wearing Brazil jersey's rooting for Brazil............

This was the same for the 80,000 for US vs Argentina................about half of the Argentina fans were American. Little American kids wearing Messi jerseys rooting for Messi and Argentina...........only when Freddy Adu stepped into the match and the US started to outplay Argentina........Did you all of a sudden hear 70-80% of the stadium chanting USA!,USA!USA! including all those American kids and teenagers and adults wearing messi/Argentina jerseys.

24. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not surprising. America is a nation of gloryhunters, after all.