NSR: CHICAGO Political Thread ***HIGHLY TOXIC - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK***

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by skinut, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The CONTENT incites and in their twisted, feeble brains, justifies the EFFECT.

"Get out of my country!"
    BANG!
    Ahh shur showed that fcukin' muslim (Sikh, any other "brown" religion...whatever). Ahhm a patriot! Takin' personal responsibility to get these terrorists out, just laak my president would want!

skinut repped this.
  2. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    But my point is that proving that they are lies won't stop them from being justification for action. Neither Trump nor the people he is trying to motivate care if its true or not.

3. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    A narrative is still a narrative even if its false. You can't combat it by proving that its not true.

4. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He lied about wire taps to deflect about a possible investigation to him. Are they really supposed to let that go. That's the point of having free press.

Joe in CO, skinut, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  5. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Sal, I don't know how you dug yourself into this hole while twisted into that pretzel shape, but do you really mean to say we shouldn't bother saying "Trump is lying about Mexicans all being murderers and rapists, here is the statistical fact that illegal immigrants have a lower crime rate than US citizens" because his racist followers don't care if it's true or not?

what the serious fvck?

1. they DO care if it's true or not, that's why they get pissed off when you tell them they're wrong - they WANT to believe they're not racist. When you point out lies, they have to confront the real motivation for their feelings.

2. WTF does it matter if the racists care if it's true or not? I fvcking care.

seriously, man, WTF?

skinut and xtomx repped this.
  6. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    jesus.

How do you combat false narratives then, genius?

7. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    My original point was don't talk about his lies about wiring tapping for that exact reason. He wants the media to look in another direction, and they oblige by spending the next 3 days tracking down every angle to prove that nobody wiretapped him–a claim that most people are at least skeptical of anyways–instead of continuing to press the issue on a Russia investigation.

8. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Come on.

Lying matters. The head of the NSC can't be a "foreign agent" days before being given a title in the executive branch.

Joe in CO, skinut and xtomx repped this.
  9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    So Hillary takes the high road, doesn't dig into his lies and you blame her.

10. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    When did I ever accuse her of not digging into lies (which is itself not true. Her campaign ran a real-time fact checking site during the debates). I did blame her campaign not taking the Trump campaign seriously enough, and not finding stories they should have been able to find (such as that Pence ran his own private email account which had been hacked).

In my eyes the strongest the Clinton campaign was, and the point which I most doubted that Trump would win, was after the Billy Bush tapes leaked. She went on the attack on a thing that ought to disqualify someone from being president (at least morally speaking). You can call that mudslinging if you want, but it was the right thing to do.

That said, I think her bigger sins were how she did and didn't campaign towards the democratic base. She came off as somebody too close to Wall Street to convince the working class she had their back. She refused to send campaign support to states she was convinced she would win, and then didn't. etc.

11. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    yeah, that would have been brilliant for Hillary. I'm sure the media would have immediately written thousands of stories about how this proved her e-mail server was no big deal. And I'm sure you would have agreed - right?

you're the only one calling it mudslinging, and since his supporters didn't care, shouldn't she have ignored it?

as you have demonstrated over and over, you don't actually know what the democratic base is.

this is bullshit from the media, and you parroting bullshit from the media. You had two candidates - one grew up working-class poor and through hard work and talent achieved greatness. The other one inherited millions, went bankrupt, and then spent 30 years selling his fvcking name to any rich person who would give him money. Given those fvcking facts, maybe you should ask why the media portrayed Hillary as out-of-touch elite, and Trump as appealing to the masses. Maybe you should also ask yourself why you're stupid enough to have bought it.

this is also fvcking nonsense. She campaigned like everyone has ever campaigned - you watch the polls, and deploy resources accordingly.

She lost because Russia and the fvcking FBI were feeding misleading intel to the press that idiots like you lapped up like pigs at a trough. Period. That's why there's a fvcking investigation going on right now, even though the victorious party is controlling all the levers of power. jesus christ you're an obtuse motherfvcker.

skinut, bunge and xtomx repped this.
  12. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You know what we ought to do with a lot of these immigrants, especially the ones who are impoverished and walking around the streets? Put strychnine in their food." He said, "dress every pole in Chicago with [one].

“The simplest plan probably, where one is not a member of the Humane Society, is to put a little strychnine or arsenic in the meat and other supplies furnished the tramp. This produces death within a comparatively short period of time, is a warning to other tramps to keep out of the neighborhood, puts the Coroner in good humor, and saves one’s chickens and other portable property from constant depredation.”

13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Agree with all of this!

My final point about the "what he says v. what he does."
    The one slight bit of optimism when he was installed in power was that he might pick a reasonable cabinet.

That has absolutely, positively not happened. He has done the opposite and that is all on him (even if "no one knew that health care was so hard")

He is "doing" just about everything he "said" he would do.

"Climate Change is a hoax by the Chinese." -so he nominates Pruitt for EPA.

He has aggressively gone after undocumented immigrants.

He has put Russian operatives as National Security Adviser and Secretary of Commerce (Wilbur Ross' connection to Russia go very, very deep) and, likely, Secretary of State (Tillerson has trillion dollar deals set with Russia)

and on and on...

14. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is idiotic, I scarcely believe that you would write it.
    So, they will fester in the right wing nutosphere and will filter into the "mainstream" as being an actual truth.

Of course, he wanted to deflect. That is not an open question.

You do know that the "media" can look in more than one direction at a time, correct?

Some in the media (as the "media" is not a monolith, it is series of conglomerates) can track down the wiretaps (the "tapps")

while others go after him for the hundred other lies, untruths, conflicts of interest, corruption, and using the federal government for his piggy bank (leaving Melania and the kid in New York, to the tune of millions of dollars a month in security and flying down to the craphole in Florida every weekend on the public's dime), etc.

15. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes, they will, if he is investigated and, ultimately, prosecuted for the "actions."

16. Jasper_Black

Jasper_Black Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    First of all. Source please.

Second, the DNC was most likely "hacked" by Seth Rich who was murdered.

Third, Wikileaks isn't a Russian agency, and based on the most recent leaks, I think we can probably confirm this is as true. Living in the the most significantly liberal City in the world has jaded your thoughts, and you're not willing to accept any other facts is disturbing.

Fourth, It's not the FBI's fault the dumb bitch, and the DNC can't secure their servers, and shit got leaked by multiple people.

Fifth, the glaring hypocrisy of crying "Free Press" and then paying for hacks at virtually every political website including the hill and cnn make me laugh hysterically. Please enjoy your yellow press.

Finally, no one hacked the voting machines and no .gov agency is alleging it. Let us know when your temper tantrum is over.

17. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Joe in CO repped this.
  18. Jasper_Black

Jasper_Black Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Let me know when Guccifer 2.0 is a Russian spy.

19. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    oh great, this moron again.

but thanks for letting the facade slip by coming right out and calling her a bitch you worthless neanderthal piece of sh1t.

Joe in CO, skinut, eiki and 1 other person repped this.
  20. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That was "dumb bitch," thank you very much.

21. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So kinda had a mild panic attack last night after being hit by a car before even paying off my surgery. Made me so worried about healthcare and apparently my insurance is really good. This system is such bullshit but trumps plan doesn't seem any better.

22. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    what system is such bullshit?

23. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Sorry to hear about that.

I was hit by a car a few years ago while at work. It is not fun.

Six months of physical therapy, four months of occupational therapy, 70 CAT scans and 2 MRI later and things still suck sometimes.

Take care and be thankful that you have decent insurance. Everyone should have decent insurance (or, better yet, a decent health care system).
    And, no, the Republican/Trump plan does not make it better, it makes it much worse

Joe in CO and skinut repped this.
  24. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of it
    Yeah I'm lucky I pay $17 a week and my deductible is an Xbox one basically. I think my out of pocket max is like $2500 or so which seems alot but it's doable in a pinch. Still makes me definitely want to stop wasting money on bullshit so I have it when needed. Lucky guy wasn't going fast but being poor and not being in pain shouldn't be mutually exclusive

25. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone should have access to universal health care but also have the option of private insurance. It boils my blood that this country is so backwards in that regard.