NSR: CHICAGO Political Thread ***HIGHLY TOXIC - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK***

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by skinut, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I believe there is a non-zero chance that the Republicans will attempt to impeach Hillary Clinton to distract from the Trump/Russia news in the near future and ~35% of this country will be on board.

lethargytartare, skinut and xtomx repped this.
  2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When I wrote my "Hillary is to blame" post, I originally added, "and Republican members of Congress are already drafting articles of impeachment..." but thought that was too much.
    I am glad to see that I was wrong on that thought.

3. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Both parties need to do water they need to do to make sure that in the case of a shutdown, our military and other security/safety personnel get paid.
    There are two things that you never want to ******** with in a war that heavily influence a troop's morale: money and mail.

4. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
  5. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, yes. The Soylents.TM

6. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    State of the Union Address summary:

7. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The "memo" was released and it's turning out to be a big dud. It's just Hannity's talking points printed on government letterhead.

Seriously. This memo is going to end up hurting Trump more than it helps him.

xtomx and skinut repped this.
  8. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So, if I understand this memo right. What Nunes is asserting is that FBI and DOJ officials (including Rod Rosenstein who Trump promoted to the position) signed off on a FISA court warrant to monitor Carter Page that was based on information from the Steele Dossier and a Yahoo News Article. However, they didn't consider that Steele may have provided information for that Yahoo News article himself (unproven)?

So, long story short:
    The FISA, FBI and DOJ may have only had one source to begin the investigation instead of two. Again, that's completely unproven, but even so. How does that negate the investigation in any way?

This is like saying the police got calls from two separate people that they saw someone murdered. The police went to investigate the murder, found the body and began investigating a suspect based on evidence at the scene. But, little did they know....the two witnesses may have talked to each other about seeing the murder before the second witness called 911. Also, one of the witnesses may have disliked the suspect, who is an incredibly unlikeable person.

Clearly the body doesn't exist and there was no murder. Time to fire the police chief and get upset about paying the officers $400 in overtime pay. The suspect is clearly the greatest president in the history of the United States. He swears Orrin Hatch said so.

skinut, SixKick and bunge repped this.
  9. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They should have just stuck to where we are now:
    Obstruction of justice.

Get him under oath, and get him to commit perjury.

10. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    it's actually worse than that.

it's like saying, sure, they were already investigating the guy for murder 3 years ago, and sure, they started reinvestigating him for another murder last year based on other eyewitnesses, and sure, there are 5 dead bodies scattered around the city, but when they asked for a new search warrant, 2 of the 60 eyewitnesses they cited as probable cause might have talked to each other, and the 2nd one didn't actually see the murder happen, he was just saying what he heard from the 1st guy. And even though the 1st guy's account has been independently verified, we think the investigation should be stopped, the police department disbanded, and the police chief should probably be arrested so we can have tax cuts for millionaires.

11. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impeach.

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  12. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A nice, fair trial followed by a nice, fair hangin'

bunge repped this.
  13. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Donna Brazile's on Bill Maher talking about collusion.

DB: Wikileaks got the e-mails from Russian hackers
    Julian Assange: no I didn't. Inside job.

I trust the guy who has never lied, not the lady who colluded with a candidate to give her an unfair advantage over another, then went on TV and lied all about it. I'd love for Assange to name his source, but I know that he never will, because the moment that he does, he is out of business. Nobody would ever leak to him again.

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I dunno 'bout anyone else, but I love the Immigrant Rights Movement. They give orders to the Dems, they don't take them. They don't go out and vote every two years (because, by law, they can't), taking what the Party is willing to give out when it wants to give it. That's how you run a Movement. That's how you get sh1t done. Ya gotta respect that.
    I know that I do.

16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Julian Assange has "never lied"!?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

He has done nothing but lie for the past several years...and hide out in the Embassy in London.

I am not that fond of Donna Barzile, either.

I don't trust either of them, but only one is a serious danger to the United States and to democracy, and it ain't Donna Brazile.

17. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Don’t kill the messenger.

18. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Bernie would've won, but she colluded with Clinton to make damned sure that it didn't happen. She was willing to risk a Trump victory to prevent a Sanders presidency.
    I hope she's happy.

19. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    this is a bald faced lie.

20. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Who is she?

I know there’s an accusation that the DNC undermined Bernie’s campaign. My understanding is that the DNC was broke after eight years of neglect by Obama and Hillary basically saved them with money, hamstringing their ability to be completely neutral.

LIZZIE repped this.
  21. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    She admitted to passing debate questions to the Clinton campaign after initially denying it on TV.

22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Okay. It was NOT a debate question. It was ONE question in a town hall meeting between her and Sanders. It was a pretty obvious question, as I recall.

Please get the facts straight, my friend.

I would have been thrilled with a Sanders win. We would have had four of gridlock as he fought with Democrats in Congress as well as Republicans.

However, Mr. Mueller could have enjoyed his retirement and we would not have the very fabric of democracy being torn asunder.

No Kelly Anne, no Bannon, no Sarah Huckabee, no "Mooch," no Jared and Ivanka, and the who merry band of assholes in the Cabinet.

23. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Town Hall forum is a polite form of debate between people with two opposing views.

And that's my point: the DNC was willing to risk everything that you mentioned rather than have a leftist anti-war, anti-Wall Street President, especially one from within their Party. Sanders, as many HillaryHeads routinely mentioned, isn't really a Democrat, just as Trump isn't really a Republican. They were supposed to follow the historical trend of running futile campaigns as 3rd-Party candidates.
    The question, about the tap water in Flint, is the only one that we know about for sure because it was mentioned in an e-mail, but people do communicate using other methods as well.
    I still stand by my assertion that that Brazil and her BigBiz Big$ buddies preferred a possible Trump than having to deal with a bunch of leftists taking their Party over.
    To the larger issue of Russian hack v. inside job, I'll just say this: if I had concrete evidence against Hillary colluding with anyone, be it the media or DNC, let alone concrete evidence of bribery, then hell yes I'd send it to WikiLeaks.
    I still believe that Julian Assange is not lying, and that it was an inside job, and I believe that it was done by a Sanders supporter.
    I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree on the above-mentioned points, but would you agree that there is more evidence of obstruction, and that that is the route that they should have focused on from the start?

24. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Maybe they just didn’t like Bernie because he’s not a Democrat? Had he ever raised money for the DNC or was he just leeching off the hard work of others who have dedicated their lives and careers to the Democratic Party?

Why would they want to help him?

lethargytartare and xtomx repped this.
  25. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #2525 LocoGueroFutobolista, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    They didn't want to help him, and actively sought to sink him cuz they really aren't into class warfare anymore, and Sanders is and always has been, first and foremost, a class warrior.
    There wasn't much left for him to leech from them, especially financially. It was the BigBiz/Big$ folks who did the leeching off of the Party of FDR, and by 2000, their takeover was complete.