Chicago Magic vs. Sockers Part II

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by SoccerLad, Jun 27, 2006.

1. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Just thought I would start this up again. I mean over 30,000 views and over 500 posts.....why it would be shut down just before regionals is up for debate itself.

Magic has the U15, U17 and U18 in the Regional Finals. Sockers have the U19 left. Spoke to a buddy the Magic sides look like they can win three Regional titles tomorrow, but then again he drinks the Magic blue Kool-aid.

Quite convincing wins for all three teams. U15 boys just took control in the first half with three glorious goals in the first half over the Michigan Wolves. The U17 did the same with two goals before the half against a very talented CRSA team. And the U18, well lets just say that they are peaking and playing very well.

The U19 sockers had to finish into PK's after going down early 1-0.

2. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Those are the 3 power groups right now at the Magic. They should win those age groups. The U14s will probably make a return next year as U15s with a unified team.

The U12 are coming around the bend as well. US Club Regionals will be the first real litmus test after playing all year with a split team.

3. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm not mistaken all moderators in all forums where instructed to lock threads with >400 posts (they use more server space when viewed) in anticipation of the deluge of users during the World Cup.

4. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    Magic is one for one so far...with a 2-0 win at U15 against the same Ohio FC team they beat in the final last year. the U19 Sockers went down.

Sockers have to be disapointed with their showing at regionals. Only one team advaned to the semi final round. However, they still have some quality teams to say the least. I would look for the 13's 14's and 16's to come back next year even stronger then they were this year.

US Club regionals could be a good testing ground for some of the younger teams for both the clubs. Esp with the U12 and U14 Magic teams coming together and moving away from split squads for good.

5. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Are the girls brining the teams together as well (CM and CM North?) -- at the U13 level?

6. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    The 18 Magic boys won the regional title to go along with the one the 15 boys won earlier in the day. the 17's lost 1-0 to Scott Gallagher.

7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You left off U13s, which have always looked good to me. They just lack grown ups, which is the secret to winning U13 matches at the top level. But in a couple of years when the Magic kids are in puberty too, I think that squad will threaten anybody in Region 2.

See, look at those kind words from an alleged and accused Magic hater ... aint I sweet?

8. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005

Sockers U19 lost today. It is confusing to see the message boards (others) tout the Wolves or Mutiny at U15. Do people expect a good team to just not be good anymore? Three state cup titles, three regional championships, 1 national finalist....this could be their year.

I would have liked my son to be with them another year, but he got more playing time with the other team. And for those of you out there...it was not his decsion it was the coaches and I back their decision. I wish them luck at Nationals!

9. justakid

justakid Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Regionals and enjoyed watching a lot of good games and players. I saw some of the best soccer in a long time, last second goals, shootouts, etc...it was great.!.....Until...I was watching the Magic 16's play. The Sockers 16's were playing on an adjacent field. The Sockers lost that game to Javanon. Upon losing a bunch of Magic parents stood, hooting and a hollaring applauded the loss. I give the Sockers parents and players a lot of credit,as dejected as they both were they just shook their heads and walked away. The guy next to me said...boy we showed them ! I asked him if he had a mouse in his pocket. He went on to tell me about how a Magic player #17 went to the Javanon coach...right in front of everybody and gave him a complete scouting report on the Sockers team. Apparently the Sockers had beat the Magic 16's the day before and this guy was red carded so he was going to get his revenge ....this guy bragged on about how "we" fixed them ! I think this behavior by those parents and the player was about as low as you can get."Beautiful Game" huh ! We don't need these people in Youth Soccer. You good parents need to speak up and tell them so ! Those 6 or 7 slug parents you have are giving both your kids and club a bad name.

10. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Be careful before you pick sides. Sockers are about as sneaky and underhanded as they come. They just try not to let you see it.

11. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    First of all the U16 Sockers did not beat the Magic at regionals, they tied. The Magic were probably happy to see the Sockers lose because it meant that since they were beating HUSA, that they would be the team advancing out of the group into the semi finals. Also, I am sure the Javanon coach did not get his scouting report from a kid on the Magic team...these coaches do their homework at tournaments such as regionals, and I am 99% positive that the Javanon was very aware of the dangers the Sockers could cause.

However, I do agree with you that it is sad to see adults cheer against kids and get joy out of the sadness of 16 year olds. Unfortunately, when it comes to Magic and Sockers and their rivalry...that atmosphere tends to bring out the worst in people.

12. justakid

justakid Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No picking sides at all......I just reported what I saw with my own two eyes and was told by a Magic dad...............It is what it is.....nuf said !

13. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    That's fair, and I did not mean to pick on you. I just wanted that pointed out.

14. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    yup...sneaky....deflecting the reply......

So who reported the Magic loss to you? The Magic dad? Your own two eyes? I don't think so....Mr King of the Sneaks.

Sorry NL, I just don't give in that easy.

15. justakid

justakid Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loss / Tie...who cares, he still apparently had a red card.......and their behavior as parents and fans sucked.............deal with it ! You condone that kind of behavior ?....Says a lot about you......Were you one of them ?

16. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    OK boys go to your neutral corners! Lets get back to the game. US Club regionals start this week, where it seems for the first time the Sockers will be better represented than the Magic. U13 could be a good contest with both the Magic and Sockers in it.

17. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    No not one of them; meaning a U16. As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I merely was pointing out a fact that can be proven. It was a DRAW. If the Sockers won then they would have advanced. And if you saw it with your own two eyes, how can you not see a one-one draw.

See to me, you don't care about the game....you wanted to showcase.....the evil kid and the outrageous parents (in your eyes)(which I proved your eyes were wrong). Yup, in your world the reason you lost was because a "kid" told a coach how to beat you and that the coach actually listened.

I do not condone the type of behavior you describe. I do not accept your version of the occurence either. The problem is your eyes saw what behavior they wanted to see.

18. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    I agree the match should be a good one.......except that there will be a kid going to Matko to tell him how to beat the Sockers......:p

OKAY, I'll stop.

19. esther15

esther15 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    I think Matko already knows

20. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    I'd pay good money to see any parent or kid try to tell Matko how to coach :cool: Hey....I'll even bring a first aid kit gratis :)

JMPN Dad...Heard Phil got the goal in state cup final and both in regional final..............Congrats!

21. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Could not of happened to a nicer kid. I hope they continue to win...at least 4 more.....

22. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Thanks Celtic. It is a team sport and ALL the boys played well in the games. I will stick out my chest though and be proud of him and my 3 other boys, that is why my sign-on is what it is.

SoccerLad. Who are you? Are you Zorso24? What are you trying to start?

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Don't think there has been any club hopping between Sockers & Magic as this age group, except for a Magic North kid who came over to Sockers.

But yeah, I would have to agree, Matko probably has pretty good ideas on his own what he wants to do with his squad. ;)

24. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    It was a tongue-in-cheek thing with the justakid post about a kid giving the game plan to a coach.

25. ready2rumble

ready2rumble New Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Ok be what it may. What WAS the #17 Magic player doing talking to the Javanon team and coach prior to their last regional game? Why did the Javanon team run to their parents and say, "We got a scouting report before the game." Guess he wanted to tell them the grass was high, be careful not to trip!