Chicago Magic vs. Sockers FC Chicago Part IV

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by JMPN Dad, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccerus

soccerus New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The fact is that all these clubs (magic fire sockers) are good, it is sort of silly in my opinion to argue otherwise. The bigger issue is the particlular coach/player/team interaction in each case which determines success. Of course if a kid (notice I mentioned kid, not the kids parent) is driven to become an elite player for whatever reason, it is this drive to succeed and hard work over many years time which will get him there- and this is often determined on non-club practice days, 2-3 days a week usually wont do it ( and of course its way ok to love soccer and play travel soccer without wanting to/ being able to make academy etc., this includes 90% plus of the kids out there on teams).

Many of the magic kids went to fire as the academy system is pretty much totally free (including air fare hotel etc for the player- i believe that at magic the season is free but must pay for travel etc.- that may be changing)-

Also to say you need to play at one of the super clubs to eventually join academy is incorrect (but yes it does make it somewhat easier to get noticed by playing there over the yrs.) - kids have definitely been spotted and chosen for example playing in the Liaga Centro Americana etc, without ever having played for any of these clubs- have been involved in both the big 3 and spanish leagues, and to say one has a monopoly on the star players is incorrect-and the big 3 know this-

I think its fortunate for the kids that there are many good options in Chicagoland- magic and sockers are blue chip no doubt and great clubs- but to knock the fire as not another good club may be misinformed- someone above seemed to knock fire south for example- thats being started by Mike Matkovich who made the magic what it was as a national powerhouse, as well as being a u18 natl team head coach and 2nd coach for the fire MLS etc- seems like pretty good credentials to me-

somone asked about the magic/magic HP programs- they are both strong of course- currently the HP seems to be the most "premier" group in terms of acadmy selection numbers and stae cup participation at the moment, but of course frankfort has many strong players too and strong training- many parents are choosing between the 2 based on geographical considerations (travel time to practice etc.)-

2. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    The point was, this is a Sockers vs Magic thread. The title does not need to change. You need to start a new thread instead of jumping on the big two's coat tails. Pretty simple.

What happens is that when Eclipse or Fire start a thread, they get tired of talking to themselves through various puppets/screen names. So they return to where the real action is at the top clubs in Chicago. The SOCKERS and the MAGIC.

3. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    dude there hasn't been a "Sockers vs. Magic" post in a long long time. (yeah I'm sure a blurb about a DA game now and then but..) this used to be the place to get the best debates with all of the Magic psychos but now they've disappeared after laughing at and insulting the Fire/CFJ's only to see the Fire become the dominant player out of the 3. I know one of the biggest supporters of the Magic on this board actually went ot work for the Fire/CFJ's as a coach. I'm not even involved with Illinois soccer any longer but I'm sure that the Magic nor Sockers will win a bunch of State cups like the old days. Bottom line is that these threads are just a habit, a place to go to see the real over the top Magic kool aid drinkers and maybe join in the debates for fun. I still can't believe the Magic don't have a team in State Cup at boys U16's after winning the title 2 seasons ago. To me that says it all :p

4. Dalglish

Dalglish Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Hola mi amigo. Hope you are well.

If you can't believe it, you should look back at Green White, Schwaben, Pegasus and the many other once dominant clubs who have faded.

No doubt, the Fire have boomed (I for one, was not a doubter and said a few years ago the the Fire were the club to watch). They are top dogs but there is room for others.

Don't count the Magic out yet. They have some rebuilding to do at the older ages but have some very strong younger teams. We will have to wait and see if they can rebuild after tryouts this year and over the next few years before passing judgement.

5. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It doesn't matter what your point was. What matters is what the two people asked. And they asked about more than Magic or Sockers. Like it or not there are other options out there and some of them might be better. You need to stop living in the past and realize that it's not all about these two clubs anymore, regardless of the tread's title. Pretty simple.

6. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    Keep riding coat tails. I mean why else would you post something that has nothing to do with the title on this thread. And like I predicted all the newbies and Fire lovers came out to say blah, blah, blah. You'll never be one of the best until you can stand on your own merits. Keep riding them coat tails of the big two in Chicago. The Magic and FC Sockers.

7. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Keep drinking that kool aid. But don't hate. It makes you look weak and confused. Later, hater. :p

8. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Maybe pal, just have to see I guess. If the Fire start up in the south it might have some impact on the Magic but all of these clubs will "catch lightning in a bottle" with some of their teams.
    On another note I just read that Manchester United are playing the vermin :p up in Toronto this summer aftere training here, sounds like a road trip might be in the cards for you!:D

9. Crystal Palace 90

Crystal Palace 90 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Ball Buster: member since Jan 2010 ....... lol, priceless :D

10. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    CP you are spot on!!!! :D

Caddy at some point you have to venture from the nest and start your own family. :p

If you believe I am drinking koolaid then you really must be injecting it through your veins. I mean why else would you post on a thread that has nothing to do with your team. Maybe because they are the top two in Chicago? Truth hurts, I know. Will you MAN up?

11. Marbelle18

Marbelle18 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Rockford, IL
    Be happy you have OPTIONS - not all of us in this great (?) state have them and because that job thing keeps getting in the way - can't make the drive to the burbs a couple of times a week

12. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I see you're still obsessed with Caddy. Ok, I get it - you are in love and it's breaking your heart. :p

I already know what you inject into your veins. So don't even go there!

Truth hurts? I see you speak from experience, since you are the one who is hurting. I post here because I have the knowledge to be objective and open minded, unlike you who keeps drinking that same kool aid everyday. Be careful not to choke! :D

13. Ball Buster

Ball Buster New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Springfield Demize
    Well you must not have too much knowledge if you can't decipher what the thread is about. Let's see. The title of the thread is Chicago Magic vs. Sockers FC Chicago Part IV. To any reasonable human being you would expect to find messages from posters on that topic.

But alas, to others that want to see their club mentioned in the same circle of the Sockers and Magic, well they hijack the thread to spin their club as also worthy. :eek: Simple enough right? Simple enough for you to comprehend and understand? You can attempt to disguise what you are doing but in reality you are only fooling yourself.

So if you have knowledge, show it or MAN up and keep to the title of the thread. If you don't have knowledge then you will continue to ride the coat tails of the big two in Chicagoland by posting your kool-aid.

And each time you do, I will bust your balls.

Did "bigsoccer" take away "your" starting a new thread ability? If not, then MAN up.

14. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Just a quick FYI...

This thread has traditionally been the IL youth soccer catchall thread. It will continue to be so.

15. y.o.n.k.o

y.o.n.k.o Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hey fool, we are posting about Magic and Sockers. But people are also posting about their worthy competition such as Fire, Eclipse, Wind, etc. They are all connected as they play each other, players move from club to club, etc. But obviously this is beyond your mental ability to understand. Did "bigsoccer" take away your "thinking" ability?

If someone comments that Fire or Eclipse team played better vs a Sockers or Magic team, who are they talking about? Are they sticking to the topic? If someone asked which one is better: Magic, Sockers, Fire or Eclipse, are they sticking to the topic? If you are such a "ball buster" why don't you bust everyone's balls for not sticking to the topic of this tread? Because you don't have the "balls", that's why. Hey, at least I have "balls", but you can't bust them, even if you try your hardest. You are just showing your ignorance, that's all. Keep slurping your kool aid!

16. Dalglish

Dalglish Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Hope you and yours are well.

Yes, I might head up to Toronto and sing a bit with 20,000 friends. You headed out east to see your mob and throw rocks at the opposing team bus or maybe riot if outdoor TVs dont work?

I tried to send you a PM but your inbox was full. Can you send me a PM or contact me. I have a favor to ask.

17. tiptop

tiptop New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    My friend or should i say mate (am i Caddy now) the Fire do have their own thread its under professional soccer clubs (MLS Clubs) as they are pro team not a youth soccer outfit operated by non soccer people. As the Fire staff tell their players local youth soccer clubs are not your competition other MLS Academies are, the fire staff take more pride in playing well against pro youth teams than they do youth soccer clubs.

Todd good to see you posting again are you still involved in youth soccer?

18. tiptop

tiptop New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I have a question for all Sockers and Magic posters on this site?

In the rest of the world youth soccer clubs like yours take pride in sending their players to the pro club why do you not embrace this?

If you love the beautiful game you would support the pro club in town. This year alone the Fire are bringing Legia Warsaw, Paris St Germain, Red Star Belgrade, AC Milan and Man United to Chicago?
    These youth clubs are not bringing these teams to Chicago the Fire are do you not want your kids to see these teams live? Do you not want your kids playing for the local pro team?

Only in USA do youth clubs and alpha males who have money think they know better then the pros?

If we dont support our local pro club do you think these teams will come to Chicago? Wake up so one day we can win a world cup in this country?

All around the world there is 140 years of history that says player developoment is succesful when the pro teams lead the way only in USA do people think the game is bottom up not top down.

This is why we wont win a world cup until MLS controls development and not USSF who let youth clubs run the game in tis country

19. tiptop

tiptop New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    As you are a basher of all things fire Todd what do you think of all three of our academies staff:

Magic have RDA and Pitcock with an A license and I think TB has a C or D I have no idea who other coaches are?

Sockers DR excellent coach with pedigree, Oleg, Batata, Brett very strong staff with licenses (all A's) and experience of developing players, sockers also have GK coach

Fire have Sunderland, Bradberry, Gray, Kees, Antonijevic, Matkovich, Cadwell, Jeffries, Berry, Muir, Kirkpatrick, Bradberry, Reynolds, Roberts, Fernandez, CJ Brown with all having A or B, and pro experience, National team experience. Also have Whitehouse, Roy, Hyde for GKs

Facilities?
    Magic have hallmark and highland park dome which are both nice facilities

Sockers do not have a home

Fire have own turf field and weight room and video room at toyota park for acad teams and no home for club teams although there are plans in naperville and bridgeview

20. tiptop

tiptop New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    JMPN Dad in previous posts you stated you are just a parent are you now a paid member of Magic staff?

Just want to know so we know if your posts are from a parents point of view or planted because you are an employee

21. Crystal Palace 90

Crystal Palace 90 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I'm puzzled. Don't the Sockers own Soccer City and a contract with Schaumburg to use their turf fields for practices?

It seems strange that CFJ being so successful last year and expanded so big has no home. Is consistent training and improvement possible? BTW, I heard that almost all Sockers DA players are home grown where extremely few CFJ players are developed good enough for their own DA. Any truth to that?

22. DutchMethod

DutchMethod Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's great that that is happening. Only in the USA do you have to shell out $320 for a family of four plus parking, etc., all in about $400 to see one match, one time.

23. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    I got a season ticket for the Fire for $199 ( 20 games including the AC Milan game) which is tough to beat :)

24. DutchMethod

DutchMethod Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is Sweeeet, and on top of it, the ACM ticket - I need to pay attention next year - that's a great deal. Thanks.:)

25. AdoptedtheGame

AdoptedtheGame New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dutch--- I, too, just found out about some of the friendly's scheduled for the Fire this spring/summer. I just bot tickets to the Chicago International 'Sister Cities' Tounament----first round is scheduled for Weds. 5/19 with Fire vs. France's St. Germain and Legia Warsaw vs. Red Star Belgrade. Then, on Sat. 5/22, the consolation game is at 6pm, and the championship game at 8pm---one ticket gets you both games per day. I'm not trying to take 'firetilidie's' place on this post, but this really sounds like fun. I'm even taking Grampa along. Also just discovered that there is a non-profit org called 'Section 8' that sells tickets for the seats in sections 117/118 at the north end of the field where the fun nuts are---go to section8chicago.org (hope I'm not in hot water with Fire folks now). As for 'buster', it's all good...folk's here don't just use this post as an exclusive for any club, but to pick up on tidbits on all of the clubs. As a Sockers dad, I (mostly) know what is happening there----I just want to learn more about the youth clubs around the region. Thanks for the balance in your posts, Dutch. Cheers.