Chicago Magic vs. Sockers FC Chicago Part IV

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by JMPN Dad, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    The dark knight wanted a new thread, so here it is. What the heck after over 50,000 views it's a drain on the system and it's Christmas. Continue on my friends and sworn enemies.

2. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks V!

First page, First reply!

TNL

3. Halfbackjack

Halfbackjack New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Where's Chicago? ;-)

4. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Why...it's the center of the universe...silly.:p

5. Halfbackjack

Halfbackjack New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Ohhh....that's why I didn't see it. I was lookin the wrong way! :eek: Happy Holidays to all of you!

6. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    New landing page for the Chicago Magic. Looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself, which I just did. Merry Christmas!

7. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    looks good. Nice flash!

8. Crystal Palace 90

Crystal Palace 90 New Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    But can we post matters concerning the "Indiana Magic" or the "Sockers FC Elgin" here ?? :D:D:D LOL

9. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Sure, people want to know what is happening there, because it is after all the Sockers and Magic....you know center of the universe.

But PLEASE do not let it get into the Fire Junior Stooges.........you know Michigan, Wisconsin and the dreaded Chicago with all they have done. You know they all still try to compete with the Mississippi Fire Jr's. LMAO ROFL :D:p:D

10. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007

11. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    Disney Showcase starts up today. Magic and Sockers both have teams in attendance. Any updates and info would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

12. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    Thanks. I checked out last night for the score lines, but didn't know if anyone was actually in attendance for some details. Gotta love seeing Sockers get a point off of Chelsea. I am sure many will make excuses for Chelsea...but bottom line is it is a great result for the Sockers.

13. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Or maybe not. It's just as possible that Sockers are a better team than Chelsea and that Chelsea snuck a point off of them.

Just wanted to throw in the possible counterpoint.

14. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    No doubt TNL. Sockers look to have a very strong team at this age...always have. Hopefully today we will get some sort of idea of how strong Chelsea is, based on how they do in their second game. I hope they are a good side...as I always want IL teams to do well against other comp.

15. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Does anyone have any idea why two of the boys under 16 national league teams did not attend?

16. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    dont know....but that league is a joke. Texans are head and shoulders above everyone else in it. The 15 league is good, but the academies have shredded the 16 league.

17. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I agree. Do you know why Dallas Texans aren't in the academy?

18. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    Nope...bud I would expect some texas teams to get in next year. the USSF has sent some pretty strong messages to the state of texas lately about its lack or participation in the academy system.

Also, chelsea and sockers both one their second games, maybe these teams were just evenly matched :) props to IL!

19. Scotch41

Scotch41 Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Does anyone know if the Sockers team in Florida is their Academy team or a true U-16 team. If it is the true U-16 team this would be the only time it would play together, because half the team would go to the academy and the other half would stay behind. Seems like a pretty good team to be breaking up.

20. morjam

morjam New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    I think its the "normal' U-16 team cause I know the U-17 '91s are playing with the U-17 team at Disney. I agree. I don't know why they want to split those two teams up.

21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    My guess is that Chelsea sent its '92 squad, as the calendar-year '91 squad would be too old for the Disney tournament, which is done on the traditional U.S. club calendar.

Until the Academy system takes full hold and we have true calendar-year teams in the U.S., it's pretty rare for U.S. youth teams to be the same age as their foreign opponents. Usually, the U.S. teams are older than the opponents for home tournaments, and younger than their opponents when playing overseas.

In fact, my boy has never played against foreign kids of his own age in an overseas tournament, they always have been at least 1 year older according to the international calendar.

22. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    According to a soccer blog by Luis Arroyave, Mike Matkovich, Toronto FC assistant and Chicago Magic director of soccer operations has interviewed for the Chicago Fire head coaching position.

Also interesting reading at Joe Trost's blog about Matko at http://blogs.suntimes.com/cornerkicks/

23. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Matko for Fire.....?

Those parents of the Fire MLS players better shut the hell up ! :)

Seriously though, I would be fascinated to see that happen,he deserves the opportunity and Chicago should have a hometown coach who's passionate about the game.

24. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Re Matko to Fire...........hearing that it's unlikely

Hamlett or Spenser favored at this stage.