Chicago Fire Jr's Elite Club???

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by SoccerLad, Dec 15, 2006.

1. morjam

morjam New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Louie Mateus might actually develop players though... who knows? miracles happen!

2. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Do they have enough buses in Rockford to cope with the hordes of fans that Louie will bring in his wake to Toyota park?

Congrats to Louie if the news is as advertised.

I know someone who pulled out of contention for the academy job because in his words "the job was half sales and half coaching"

We will hope for the best!

3. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    maybe he'll bring his soon to be U18 team with him. now THAT would be a big boost for the fire juniors. put that team with the soon to be U15's (state cup champs/regional finalists) and the 16's (state cup runner up, us club regional champions) and u have a nice lil group of hs boys teams.

4. Forever Red

Forever Red New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Great insight.

Chicago Fire PDL - qualifies for playoffs and then beats a PDL Divisional winner in Thunderbay to progress to the Conference final to be beaten by National Champions the Bucks. For the first time in Premier history this has been done with Chicago players or Chicago college players only. The youngest team in Premier history with 75% of players returning next year. These players were actually coached and not just recruited as the previous coach used to do.

Chicago Fire Super 20's - makes National Finals Championship game in 1st year of program.Not too shabby I think.

What the hell where they thinking giving Larry Sunderland this job :)

5. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Great job! to Paul Cadwell coach of the U20's and his team for defeating DC United and Red Bull on Saturday to reach the title game.

6. CT-ref

CT-ref Member

Jun 14, 2002
    I've never heard more swearing in my life in a soccer match than what came from this coach and his players in NH. What a disgusting experience.

7. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    Who?

8. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    if he's referring to the U20's it's actually comical that he would be so put off by language. He must be used to nice sanatized U8's and U9's
    Welcome to adult football!

9. Bird1812

Bird1812 New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Actually I just heard FIFA intends to crack down on swearing at the international level. Welcome to international football.

10. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    yeah, sure they will and it will be very even handed across the board. Like anything,there are varying degrees of profanity and of course foul and abusive language. We've all seen the gung ho ref who looks to make himself a bigger presense than the players and chooses to imapct the game with his sensitive ears. I guarantee you wont hear the nicey nicey version of football in England and Scotland.

11. CT-ref

CT-ref Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, there are varying degrees of profanity, I've seen and heard it all, or so I thought. This was definitely out there. I'd have tossed the coach after 10 minutes, just wonder if his players would have cheered or jeered??? Most of it was directed at his own players, and a smattering at the referees.

12. us#1by2006

us#1by2006 Member

Jun 21, 2002
    If the refs would enforce ungentlemanly conduct and dissent consistently, I expect that we would see a lot less of it. It has nothing to do with the ref's presence, it is about enforcing the rules.

For example, what Rooney at ManU does after being whistled, is simply unacceptable. I am guessing that after consistent cards, he would learn otherwise.

Another example, if we want to see more scoring in games, how about we not allow the delay tactics like kicking the ball and the standing in front of it? Or if teams want to do so, let them pay the price of cards and losing players.

13. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    directed at an official is one thing, uttering profanities during the game is another. A profanity laced tirade towards the official is not acceptable but too often I see "rabbit ear'd" officials who jump all over a player for a "god damnit" type thing. In the real world players swear just like they do in MLB NFL NHL and even the PGA.
    Plus I know it's rare but it has been known to happen where one of the games officials is royally sticking it to one of the teams and sometimes the coach and players get a little upset. Hey CT ref how was YOUR performance during the game in question?

14. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Out of curiousity,how many of that U20 team were developed exclusively or played for more than 2 years by the CF Juniors prior to joining the team?

15. justakid

justakid Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you at the game, fans could only sit on one side and from where I sat on the sidelines I couldn't hear him at all ? I thought they were great games and didn't notice any profanity...too busy watching great soccer. Have you ever seen 20's or up play before ? Whatever he and larry said it must have worked because they did quite well...even with all that "disgusting " language.

16. justakid

justakid Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None...or very few, most of the players I know came to them looking for a place to play. Don't forget they are a 'first year" team.

17. CT-ref

CT-ref Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, I was there. You are right, it was good soccer, fast, technical, physical, and yes I have seen U20s before. I've seen it all.

Interestingly, after the match, the coach in question was quite calm and sportsmanlike despite the loss. Not happy, but not crazed.

All of the games that I watched were solid and well played, and yes it was really hot, almost as hot as Orlando in July if you have been there. Fieldturf intensified the heat too.

18. redskyisfalling

redskyisfalling New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    It's nice to see the marketing wheel working but can you combine that with ticket sales?

Heard over the cubicle: We can't call them college players, no let's call them Chicago college players.

19. Forever Red

Forever Red New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    LOL.
    You will be happy to know all ticket components have been taken out of the CFJ programs. No more tickets so will you focus on shirt sales now:)

20. redskyisfalling

redskyisfalling New Member

Mar 16, 2007

Yup, buy this shirt and get a free ticket is not the same as buy this ticket and get a free shirt. :p

21. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006

U12- no entry
    U13 - rd 2 loss to finalist wind
    U14- Semis
    U15- Champs
    U16- Semis & Quarters ( quarterfinal was CFJ vs. CFJ)
    U17- 3 wins
    U18 -out in rnd 2
    U19- Champs

what a difference a year makes. With all the talented players who decided to come to CFJ tryouts recently and wear the Fire shirt next year the reults should get even better.

ok lets hear your tired ticket routine.....

22. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    the U19's were the CFJ/Magic team ( you need to mention that or you know who will be crying on here before you know it):eek: