Chaves vs. Sporting | Liga NOS 2016/17 Matchday 17

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jan 13, 2017.

1. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Would've come out with 0 points if it wasn't for Dost. That second goal of his was really made from nothing. He's definitely grown on me and has started to prove his worth. We'd be a disaster without his production. Him and Gelson have been the lone bright spots this season.

vilafria repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel your frustration but not sure a clear out will help. Also, lol, how many times per season are you going to say," see you guys next season"?

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Man, the plethora of missed passes drives me crazy. It isn't even this or that player, it was widespread, contagious maltreatment of the ball in the interactivity of the back and forward players.

4. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'm glad Dost is proving to be a good signing but this season just feels like one long kick in the bollocks

As mentioned by many already it's time that it's mentioned Semedo hasn't been as fantastic as we expected this season. Why would you change a winning team ? Our back 4 against feirense looked solid there was no need to change it

We all know Iuri shouldn't have been loaned out and we should've kept mane.

The main problem though is exactly what I expected.. the January transfer window is not going to be the window that solves our problems, we are stuck with this squad until the end of the season apart from maybe 1 or 2 additions

vilafria repped this.
  5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    And if recent history is any indication, they will also be mostly flops.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

No, you don't feel my frustration because you've only been following this team for a short period of time. Nice try though.

I'll say it every time this team continues to suck dick, so I guess that's every single game since this team is flat out garbage.

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    To be fair, he didn't have a bbad game. I also like the fact that, for once, Sporting has a player that can place balls near the goal area from a side throw . It mimics a corner shot, an obvious attacking advantage.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Big lol at all the people that keep saying its so obvious we should've kept Mane. I forgot, what exactly did he contribute last year? He's playing in the second div, we've all seen him play before and we all know he's not very skilled.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus you are sour ********er. I'm talking about this season/game, not your LiFe as a Sporting fan!

10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your right, that wasn't obvious at all. And neither was Iuri as he disappointed in preseason barely having an impact.

That said, the Andre/Castaignos signings were weak as hell, that DM we kept instead of Palhinha didn't even play, and the fullback situation continue to be terrible. Truly feel we screwed up with incoming transfers and that is a lot to do with the way things are going now.

11. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    #36 vilafria, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    I doubt either FCP or SpBraga will lose points this round. That said, it would make Sporting the bigger loser , not Benfica, because of their lead cushion.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

And what has this season been? How much are we paying JJ? It's a ********ing failure and someone needs to be held responsible. The league was over the minute we lost to Braga. Benfica chokes and we choke even harder. Sporting are bunch of cuckold douchebags with a layer mentality embedded in their DNA.

As far Mane and Iuri. Mane was shrugged off the moment JJ got there. Everytime Mane came in when Silva and Jardim were calling shots, he either scored goals or assisted goals, so to write off his performance as a sporting player and in the Bundesliga 2 is retarded. Stuttgart could beat scp right now.

Second, Iuri didn't prove much in preseason but neither did anyone else. We won one game. The whole team sucked and still sucks. Thank JJ for a of that.

Mane > Bryan. Iuri > Bryan. Anybody > Andre + Castaignos.

This team's a ********ing joke. They deserve to lose.

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    LOL . Don't include me in your subspecies.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I meant the team/players. It's getting ********ing old and the excuses are running out. JJ just made shit worse. Didn't think the hiring would backfire this badly. Even when benfica was down today, they played with intensity and SCP played like a bunch of geriatrics with no brains.

vilafria repped this.
  15. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Gelson is really the regenerated Ricardo Quaresma with more pace.

It's still early days in like I've been saying for the past couple seasons the quality of the other teams are really starting to improve

I don't think it's from a tactical standpoint but just depth a team like Benfica has enough depth two fields 2 squads

16. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I've mentioned it before and a lot of you guys don't seem to like the idea because he's so out of the form but Markovic is a special player someone I really like and hope he does well

Recently I would try to re-integrate him into the squad more as impact sub and slowly into a starter

I personally think a 442 would do wonders with Gelson on the right and Markovic on the left and Dost as striker and Campbell as a CF-CAM

17. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    To be fair I don't think your opinion will be considered as valid after some of the suggestions you make in the national team threads

SCP_16 repped this.
  18. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It was quite obvious, he's still young and what's the point shipping out our youngsters to bring in people who bring nothing to the team ?

vilafria repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is right on. If we are gonna just sign average foreigners, just keep our youngster and let them grow. That's one of the issues I had with JJ when he joined. Heard Benfica supporters say he ignored their youth and would rather sign foreign players. It showed this summer and after a good number of signings only 1, Bas Dost,is having any impact. Coates too I guess.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He's trying hard because of the possibility of a move to an Italian or English club, but I don't see him as a great defender. He's slow and resorts to fouling a lot. He's good in aerial play due to his height, I'll give him that , but I would rather have Tobias Figueiredo back together with Paulo Oliveira in the CB slots.

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly. He's full of shit.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Not to mention Matheus who hasn't yet played this season iirc.

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Difference being Benfica signed foreigners who have proven themselves somewhat and cost a lot more than the foreign scrubs we sign; guys like Di Maria, Luiz, Javi Garcia, Garay, etc. We decided to pass on Mitroglou and Cervi and we got f*cked with trash like Castaignos, etc.

To say Mane didn't prove himself is horse shit. He absolutely proved himself.

Coates is awful defender. Proved it again today.

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    If Sporting lose in the cup, what are the odds JJ is there at the start of next season?

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nothing to add except that the Fabio Martins goal was unreal. Goal of the year candidate.