Charlottesville 2017 | When White People "Chimp Out"

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Devil's Architect, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    "Why we voted for Donald Trump": David Duke explains the white supremacist Charlottesville protests

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/16138358/charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk

Deadtigers repped this.
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm taking this two ways:
    1 - I'm reading the this one way in that the condemning of the hate is about condemning those who want to quash the White Nationalist protesters. The coming together as one is about seeing how the protesters are the victims and they should be joined in protest, not opposed.
    2 - The second way I'm reading that, and the second sentence specifically, is that "no kind of violence" means let us maintain the status quo of racist laws and other such normalicies that allow for POC to be subjugated by different segments of society...such as the aforementioned laws about people ramming into protest groups.

3. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    True. I just find my first reaction is to lampoon them, as I find their whole worldview is ridiculous.

Considering the history, and what recently has happened. This is deadly serious.

Deadtigers, russ and soccernutter repped this.
  4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    So has Dick Spencer fled the country by now?

Deadtigers repped this.
  5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Dylan Roof just popped a boner

rslfanboy, Deadtigers and cleansheetbsc repped this.
  6. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Same guy who said barrel bombing in Syria was good

896428423152893952 is not a valid tweet id

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bills-protest-criminal-20170201-story.html

Stepping on the gas is always "intentional".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-run-over-protesters/?utm_term=.4cb30c9dda0c

Oh no, his mother-in-law was confronted by protesters (maybe)...

How many black Americans got lynched in this country because they looked at a white woman with lust or whistled at them (maybe)...

Deadtigers, xtomx and soccernutter repped this.
  8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Last night I wanted to make a "more people than a UVA spring game" joke, but even I couldn't do it for this.

Deadtigers and crazypete13 repped this.
  9. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    He wanted a race war. This administration wants minorities to fight against each other. That's not happening.

11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Wait...UVA plays football?

Deadtigers, Val1 and sitruc repped this.
  12. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Fascists and the alt-left have merged in their adulation of Assad and of genocidal totalitarianism generally.

A Syrianized World

[​IMG]

12-08-2017: Alongside the chants of ‘Blood and Soil’, ‘You Will Not Replace Us’, ‘White Lives Matter’ and ‘******** You ************s’, some of the privileged fascists rallying at Charlottesville, Virginia gave their opinions on the Syrian issue. “Support the Syrian Arab Army,” they said. “Fight the globalists. Assad did nothing wrong. Replacing Qaddafi was a ********ing mistake.”

It’s worth noting that these talking points – support for Assad and the conspiracy theories which absolve him of blame for mass murder and ethnic cleansing, the Islamophobia which underpins these theories, the notion that ‘globalists’ staged the Arab Revolutions, and the idea that the Libyan revolution was entirely a foreign plot – are shared to some extent or other by most of what remains of the left.

https://qunfuz.com/2017/08/12/a-syrianized-world/

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    rslfanboy and Deadtigers repped this.
  14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Charlottesville's a cool as hell small college city. Locals must be thinking "WTF we do to deserve this?"

HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you surprised? They were going to the statue of Robert E Lee, a national symbol for White Nationalists. Further, this was not a locally organized event, this was a national event. I would not be surprised if the counter protesters were from multiple states as well (and not just the college kids).

xtomx repped this.
  16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I doubt it.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm not.

18. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    By David Duke from 2004

Is Russia the Key to White survival?
    https://davidduke.com/is-russia-the-key-to-white-survival/

19. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Outsider question.

Are you guys heading into a 2nd civil war? Confederate country? Just Anarchy? Or more of the same?

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A White House official confirmed that Trump's language is supposed to both-sides this thing.

My stomach is literally churning. And McCain's Stern Face isn't nearly enough.

Trump is legitimizing shit that was passé when I became politically aware in the mid70s.

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My best guess would be low grade political and racial violence. At least so long as Trump and Sessions keep acting like this.

22. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just ineffably sad today. I went to UVa. Those bozos are standing right where I and my friends congregated just before walking down the Lawn to receive our diplomas. I spent many an hour on those steps.

I just wish these motherfvckers had bothered to show up when classes were in session. They'd have been run off with their tiki torches up their asses. Literally.

23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    President Dickface no likey these questions:

Deadtigers and xtomx repped this.
  24. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This response is nothing. He essentially talked about violence but left open to interpretation who he is talking about. Just to put it in perspective, the organizer of this despicable event is tweeting that Trump is talking about the COUNTER-PROTESTORS, and not his cabal of racists. Trump is not going to overtly call out HIS people. He is as disgusting as they come.

Auriaprottu, Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    OK I take my tentative praise of the President back. As I suspected I would -

Many sides? One side, Donald. Your side.

flowergirl and Deadtigers repped this.