Charlotte Independence Super Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by lmfoust, Jan 15, 2014.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No you are absolutely correct. Orlando City SC subforum has been there for years. In fact it shows how slackerish we are that the fact that OC has been out of USL for a year but yet the forum is still there.

There is a movement to create Orlando B subforum out of the existing one, not sure it will happen.

2. Crazy Feet

Crazy Feet Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    #527 Crazy Feet, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    Is Charlotte is close to getting its own subforum?

msilverstein47 repped this.
  3. CLTFC

CLTFC Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    I understand that it's the old forum. My point, I click on USL and see all the teams, including the old OCB forum and it's a little aggravating. We have plenty of chatter on the CLT forum, normally staying at the top (I understand the number of posters) and we still do not have our own forum. It's a little crazy!

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no OCB forum, thats just the old USL Orlando City SC forum. Its been locked and only mods can mess around in there. It should have been deleted, but now I guess there might be a reason to keep it. Maybe.
    No idea, if the Lords of Power on BigSoccer deem it worthy, perhaps. In the meantime, use the Charlotte superthread.

5. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods - give them their own damn forum. I think all team in a league should automatically have one directly under the league forum (USL, NASL etc) - regardless of any other criteria. I find it annoying when I just want browse through the various teams in the various leagues to see what the fans are chirping about and only a handful have their own forums. But WTF do I know about managing these interwebs public sites.

6. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Member

Charlotte FC
    United States
    May 17, 2014
    NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here's another super petty request, but is there anyway when under personal details and we are selecting our club there would be an option to select charlotte independence instead of just charlotte? i mean even the charlotte eagles are an option lol. I know we aren't on the list because we're a new club but that's just something that's bothered me for awhle :D

CLTFC repped this.
  7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you damn mods make it happen! @dark knight

SteveCo, catfish9 and CLTFC repped this.
  8. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they'll give you Vancouver's spot, no one has posted on their board in almost a month :sleep:

9. CLTJacks811

CLTJacks811 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Club:
    Charlotte
    The team has been slow (shocking!) to report any signings. But social media of the players have leaked that Bilal Duckett, Jorge Herrera, and the Martinez brothers have all resigned.

Good to see the team keeping some core guys. Hope to see at least Slogic, Ribeiro, Kalungi, PDP join the list of signees. The midfield/defense was solid and I hope as many of those guys return with the team making some splash signings at forward. Zahorski is welcome back, Daniel Jackson was good change of pace attacker off the bench. But outside of those two we need to find some help.

I imagine Calvert will be back via loan from the Rapids. Also with Colorado buying out MacMath from the Union that all but cements Berner as their 3rd keeper. So we'll likely see him in Charlotte again.

I am interested to find out if Mechack Jerome will return. I know he signed with NASL's Jacksonville after our season ended but I wonder for how long. Zach at CTS made it sound this week as if he wouldn't be returning from that deal. But I didn't know if that was confirmed anywhere.

Edit: Simple wander over to their sub answered the question. Sad to see Mechack go..

http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/11/10/haitian-international-mechack-jrme-re-signs-with-armada-fc

10. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are rumors that Irwin might be heading out in a deal so in that case Berner might be MacMath's backup.

CLTJacks811 repped this.
  11. CLTJacks811

CLTJacks811 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Interesting. I had not seen those rumors about Irwin. That would definitely throw a wrench in my hope to have Berner back in Charlotte next season.

12. CLTJacks811

CLTJacks811 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Stuart95 repped this.
  13. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it were to happen, I'm sure the Rapids would get a third keeper and then send him to Charlotte. I was hoping that Charles Eloundou would sign with Charlotte as well even though he was dropped by the Rapids ... he needed some more development but had talent.

14. CLTJacks811

CLTJacks811 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Club:
    Charlotte
    I was not the biggest fan of Eloundou while in Charlotte. He's a speedy offensive player with the raw talent as you indicated. But when he was here he left his defenders on an island in any counter attack. If he comes in a little humbled with the willingness to be a winger that plays both ways then sign me up. But at this juncture I'd rather sign Carlos Alvarez than I would Eloundou.

Stuart95 repped this.
  15. CLTJacks811

CLTJacks811 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Club:
    Charlotte
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. CLTFC

CLTFC Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    WTF!!! San Antonio hasn't even played a USL game yet and they have their own thread!!! This is BS!!! Bigsoocer you guys are really starting to suck when it comes to having your own thread!

19. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh...not a big deal. You have a place to talk Independence. That should be good enough.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have their own thread, just like Charlotte (...don't get your sarcasm?...).

21. CLTFC

CLTFC Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    They have their own thread under USL, we have ours under a sub forum as a super thread. My question is why have we not been added to the USL team forum yet.

22. Crazy Feet

Crazy Feet Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    Charlotte
    You're right, it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme, but it would be nice to have. Please give some guidance on what we need to do or what needs to happen to get our own forum.

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair they just moved the thread from the NASL sub forum to the USL sub forum. SO its not like they created a new sub forum for San Antonio.
    But I do agree with you that every USL/NASL team should have its own subforum. I would think it would be "best for business" for Bigsoccor.com.

msilverstein47, Crazy Feet and CLTFC repped this.
  25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...unty-likely-to-hear-soccer-stadium-pitch.html

“If we can make an investment in Memorial Stadium and show the MLS that we can support soccer, our track record in sports is good,” James Mitchell, a Democrat who leads the City Council economic development committee, told me. “I think there is political will to get this done. So you can check that box off. The question is whether there is enough sponsorship support at a major league level to go with the Hornets, the Panthers and NASCAR.”

http://www.crowntownsoccer.com/roster-updates-needs-monday-january-31/

Current Roster:
    Goalkeepers:
    • Cody Mizell
    Defenders:
    • Bilal Duckett
    • Henry Kalungi
    Midfielders:
    • Yann Ekra
    • Lewis Hilton
    • Jorge Herrera
    • Alex Martinez