PBP: Champions League - Round of 8, First Leg - Juventus v. FC Barcelona - 11 April 2017

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Apr 10, 2017.

1. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Who am i kidding? Seems like our captain and coach have aleeady given up.

Bring on next season!!

2. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe in Messi, Iniesta, and Busquets. It's not over yet.

3. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Only that 3-0 is not a tight game.

In addition, we created enough chances to score atleast 2 goals. The problem today was not the lack of plan B but a good plan A and finishing.

4. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Read the quotes from Iniesta then. Not very encouraging.

I do however believe in Messi and Busquets. Our two best players.

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

EXACTLY!! A Plan B could have created a chance for an away goal.

Barca is always kicked out of CL in tight games against parked Busses. Twice ATM, Chelsea, Now Juve.. same thing all the time. Tiki-Taka around the parked 11 man getting no chances. Its obvious that you cant just have one go. Against PSG many long balls created dangerous chances and goals. Tonight.. pfff

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    condor11 repped this.
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Plan A with finished point blank chances would have worked . Not missing a PK and other great chances created by plan A vs Chelsea would have worked too.

8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    It was MSN against 9 men. That's a little bit of an exaggeration, but that's the story of our season.

We really mids like Veratti, Hamsik, Thiago.

Napoli outplayed this Juve team completely a few weeks ago, in the mid.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Mathieu had an abysmal night against Malaga gets subbed at half time then but gets to start away against Juve and is responsible for the weak display on first goal which IMO just destroyed Barca´s already weak and fragile confidence and ges subbed AGAIN at half-time so its all on him and his choices. LUCHO is single handedly destroying all opportunities with his choices, especially allowing underperforming players like Gomes and Mathieu play.. never learns a lesson. MATHIEU!! WTF!!! Played two games subbed at half-time on both!! PLEASE!!

If it was 0-0 at 30 min or longer I dont think game would have looked like this. Barca is fragile for majority of the season and cant handle things going against them.. the 6-1 is a one off.

Im for Lucho´s sacking or he´ll even lose the CDR!!

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Lucho was going to play 3-5-2, he had to use Mathieu. There is no other option.

While Mathieu was bad vs Malaga, he actually didn't do much wrong today. First goal was Pique's and Iniesta's fault for not being close to dybala, 2nd an 3rd goal was on Masch. Mathieu definitely won't provide same support on offense as Alba, but he put a decent cross to Suarez.

In hindsight, Lucho should have gone 4-3-3 from the start, but the 3-5-2 vs PSG comeback swayed him into playing that formation.

12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

and Allegri saw right through him! Again outclassed in the coaching department. Lucho thinks wow 3-5-2 gave 6-1 let's do it again. That performance was a once in a lifetime. Lucho is foolish to think he's struck gold. Teams and good coaches adapt, Lucho well he lives in his own world. ATM gave a lifeline, he throws it away, a miracle vs PSG, he throws it away.. Neverending opportunities lost due to a lunatic not being fired.

Also MATS he never makes the decisive saves IMO like other great goalies, last time for me it was final in CL against Juve that I can say he did amazing. Other than that he's overrated due to saves in meaningless games.

13. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    surely it not over yet but after it is el classico

14. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like he way you troll here. This is what Dybala said according to your link "But he does not talk so much, he keeps himself to himself, we haven't had a great relationship."

What he said doesn't mean they have a bad relationship. He already explained that Messi doesn't talk too much, an introvert so it has nothing to do with Dybala personally. Dybala was only called for the NT few times so they don't know each other that much. When Dybala was sent off against Uruguay, Messi hugged him and went into an argument with the ref over Dybala. Messi went to speak to Dybala after the game and this is what Dybala said: "He told me to stay calm, these things happen, it was not my fault, rather the referee's."

[​IMG]

afar repped this.
  15. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Buffon is the goalkeeper no one will never be.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly, I mean we all know Messi is very quite. Aguero recalled that first time he met Messi in 2007, Messi didnt talk to anybody in dressing room so he decided to sit beside him and started a conversation. Even though he's the NT captain, you could see like in 2014 WC semifinal, before the shootout... everybody gathered and circled around Mascherano listening to him except Messi who stood somewhere else drinking water didnt seems to care to listen , let alone talk!

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#169 Forzabarca, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
    Good watch

Another good watch specially from 6:40 (win the second ball)

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry, I did not understand the thing very well it seems. I probably misread a little but or took it in a different way. Just a mistake by me.

afar and illusion repped this.
  20. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you mad, bro? That's so silly.. you've already forgotten the 2nd leg against PSG, haven't you?

haters gonna hate..

unclesox repped this.
  22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

8 goals in 3 CL games!! 7 goals in 2 away CL games!! Of course I'm mad.. Defence or entire backline is abysmal including MATS!! He was also bad against Depor and Malaga where Barca lost points. He´s average keeper nothing more.. he needs more consistency, you cant be great in one game and then be awful in two or three and refer back to the good game. No excuses!! Bravo was more solid in Barca than MATS will ever be (I don't care how Bravo is in City.. its a total different thing).

puyol repped this.
  23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is bullshit but you are a proven spoiled brat who needs a scapgoat. Who's better for this than the guy who ousted your beloved Bravo? It's a shame to see a "fan" speaking about the players of "his" own team in this way and pointing fingers. Get a grip!

unclesox and Rattlehead repped this.
  24. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can easily list 4-5 games that won't be possible for Barcelona to win without MATS. That's additional 12-15 points that kept us competing for the league until last weekend game which was the coach to blame mostly. He is been fantastic for his age and will only get better. Bravo was solid the first season but so was the defense.

unclesox and Dage repped this.