PBP: Champions League - Matchday 1 | FC Barcelona v Juventus | 12 September 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Sep 9, 2017.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    hasn't really had any chance to do much to be fair. Playing vs Juve is not going to be a good barometer of how good he is now.

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't think that was offsides.

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the run he made during Messi's second, seemingly intended to pull a defender away from Messi, was a thoughtful one, but it could have been disastrous as it came close to fouling Messi up.

4. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suarez got the net but was called offsides

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd like to see the replay on some of these no calls on fouls from the ref.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did Pique get way with a hand ball on the PK line ?

7. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    you can take shitmes off that list now ...

Forzabarca repped this.
  8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dr. 'Dres on for Ini

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's only 20, plenty for him to learn, he kept giving the ball away but he'll improve.

10. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT: 3-0.

Excellent.

Leon12 repped this.
  11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Good night! Bad again for vote of no confidence. LOL!

Gilmango and puyol repped this.
  12. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both numbers. The three feels good, but the zero may feel even better.

unclesox and Gilmango repped this.
  13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really Good Game Guys. It was quite entertaining. I gotta say that I think we were just really unlucky at some occasions. The first two goals (especially the second) we gifted to you. Third happened cause we had too many players forward which is what happens against a team with an attack force like that. I feel it was just one of those games where little mistakes just cost you the whole game. Looking forward to meeting in Turin in November and hopefully we'll beat you then.

condor11 repped this.
  14. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dembele had a few bad passes, but his control and pass to release Messi for the first goal was excellent.

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    that style is one the central pillars of the clubs whole cultural identity, as defined by the Socios themselves.
    as long as the Socios retain ownership of FC Barcelona that style remains non negotiable, as it has for decades.

17. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    this seems make messi become a false nine like his pep time but let suarez on the left which is not really good for him

18. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Nah, the referee went on about the air gesture. Pretty sure that was what got under his skin.

R.Baggio repped this.
  19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be honest, the team seems to be improving alot compare to last season and it was closer and closer to its best form again. The players put alot of preasure on opponent when they're not on the ball and still looking for more goals even after leading 2 or 3 goals. One of Iniesta best game in recent years. We could have scored 5 if wasnt that offside and Messi hitting the goal post and also Buffon making some significant saves against Suarez and MEssi.

We totally dominated Juve even more than RM did in second half of CL final. We' havent conceided since the season started.

20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Either way, it was unnecessary act by Messi. It can be frustrated at times since he always get his shirt pulled back every single time but he already scored, his team was leading and his reaction was too much. Its not the first time he did that though.

afar and R.Baggio repped this.
  21. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good highlights, agree that Suarez goal should have stood, Suarez was offsides but was central when the ball was played wide left, I believe that under current offsides he was not part of the play and it should have been a goal, also looked like he did not foul Buffon at all, just was perfectly placed to poke it away from him. See 10:14 or so for all that:

afar and R.Baggio repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think the team is looking OK but disagree with this whole domination thing today. Until the 1st goal the game wasn't much different than last season's encounters with Juve. Barca had 1 shot on target (from a FK rebound) before the first goal and Juve had already threatened 3 or 4 times with decent scoring chances. Not only that, but Barca hadn't even created any real dangerous situations. I wonder what would have happened last season had Iniesta buried his chance ... or Suarez. In the 2nd leg Barca dominated possession much like today before the 1st goal.

Don't get me wrong, it's better than we were all expecting when Neymar left, but let's not get carried away by just analyzing the score line. I do agree however that the pressing has been pretty good.

And don't forget Juve were missing Chiellini, Howedes, Khedira, Marchisio, Mandzukic, and Cuadrado.

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cuadrado really shouldn't be a starter for us anymore. Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi are really better players, but yeah to be honest the game looked pretty similar to the last legs until the second goal actually. I think we were the better side by quite a bit until you scored the second. After that though we just lost composure and were pushing up way too hard which led us to be panicky and get really disorganized. It was much closer than the scoreline suggests though. We were totally capable of winning this, but at the end of the day you were just the luckier side and made the most out of chances, so I think you did deserve the win in the end.

However I really did not see much difference at all in the game style. It was very similar actually to the second leg at Camp Nou. The only difference is we were not determined to push for a goal, but this game we were, which actually is what allowed the counter to happen to score the first goal. I expect a completely different scoreline when you guys come to see us in Turin though. Assuming Chiellini and Mandzukic will be back.

celito repped this.
  24. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #99 unclesox, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Recorded it on Fox Deportes and just now watching it. I, too, have Xfinity and no issues for me so far (53rd minute).

EDIT:
    Game over, no problems with Fox Deportes.

25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good game very similar to last year but reversed. Can't wait for the game in Turin. Good luck in your other matches!