PBP: Champions League Group Stage Match Day 4: November 4, 2015 - Chelsea FC vs. FC Dynamo Kiev

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It was an overly positive post from our yas. Perhaps he is indeed, a witch.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'll take it.

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Look, I don't disagree there, not at all. But the glaring issue for me is defense. You can create a few chances and score a goal or two, as we e seen against us this season. Now obviously, creating more chances should produce more goals, but one chance can equal one goal. Defensively we are rubbish though. Set pieces are nightmares.

If a team was able to do it, they should press us as much as possible for long stretches and try and keep possession for long stretches. They'd shred our defense. We can't even counter effectively right now.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Bravo

Yahtzee and Blueallthru repped this.
  5. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Happy for Roman,

Honestly, Chelsea had lots of luck. The own goal, could of finished 1-1.

6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All the talk of not being able to catch a break or get that little bit of luck yet literally any result we get is thanks to a little bit of luck. Even last season didn't we score almost exclusively from set pieces in the champions league?

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Luck is part of the game, any game really. I'm just asking for some of it to fall our way this season.

But it all comes down to chance creation. You don't win the lottery without buying a ticket.

stphnsn repped this.
  8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    TRUTH

9. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Chelsea was attacking more, creating more opportunity with crosses, getting more shots blocked and generally pressing much higher than they have all season. If that continues in the PL, they will greatly improve their standing in the table.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't see this result as changing much. We scored an early goal and failed to build on it. Failed hard. We let the other team back in and it took a wonder goal to secure victory. I'm happy we won but I'm still not happy with this team.

When does Own Goals get his contract extension?

WorldsEnd repped this.
  11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    More of this, please.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Story of last season for me. Hence why I don't understand anyone thinking things are about to turn around.

13. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not sure what happens to the team when they leave the locker room at half time. I can comfortably say the second half performances have been dire and we seem to allow the opposition to get back in the game. They look scared and nervous. At least last night we had enough time to work through it.

Personal opinion on some players last night:

Matic looked exhausted and positionally lost during the second half. Again, think this is due to a lack of confidence.

Baba did well, not great but good enough to play pl games too. We look defensively stronger with him at lb and azpi at rb. His lack of forward attacking will come with more game time with the players infront of him. Think with time he'll come good.

Costa, what a difference a year makes. He looks like he forgot he's a stricker. Every time he gets the ball, he puts his head down and runs towards the end line ultimately loseing the ball. Receive the ball and shoot for fcuks sake. He doesnt offer anything in attack besides an elbow or a hand around a defenders neck.

Glad we got the 3 points and can focus on a big game against Stoke

14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    last fall, he had in form hazard, oscar, and fab putting him onto easy goals. without those guys playing, he needs a partner to play off of and combine with. he's hesitant to shoot, and he's not a good enough creator to constantly be trying to set our midfielders up.

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Same problem first season with Mourinho. Everyone shit on our strikers but they were never the actual problem. Our chance creation sucked. And in form Fab cured that for a couple months but then what? More of the same.

16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And he'll be starting against Stoke tomorrow. Fab, that is.

17. WorldsEnd

WorldsEnd Red Card

Aug 29, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Last season we had the 3 Amigo's - Hazard, Oscar and Willian - and they were all pretty good imho and yet folks said that Willian was the weak link and he clearly is not. Oscar needs a bit of a break out and you know he has ooodles of talent and he is not the weak link either. Hazard once he gets to 100 goals he will come back to be the most exceptional player in the league. Added to this we have the fourth amigo in Pedro - nice to have 4 players for 3 spots right? Oh and then we have Kenedy who could become the best of the lot - a Gareth Bale of a player - The Brazilian Gareth Bale . . .and then there is Traore who looks pretty flippin good to me . . .Six Amigos. .. So, agreed I think we have the creative players.

The problem might be Costa not being fast enough - he is not a Neymar or an Aguero - then again who is? Remy is always a 3rd choice striker in a top squad. What we don't have is a second choice striker? And the other weak link is probably Fabregas. . . .and most of our defence apart from Dave and Zouma :)

18. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin
    You seriously think Torres' issue was lack of chances? That Eto'o wasn't past it and that Demba Ba was merely a serviceable back up? I totally agree that this year we aren't creating enough chances, but 2013-14 our strikers were warmed over dog shit.

Blueallthru repped this.
  19. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I always tried to make the point that the way Jose's team was set up wasn't optimal for any sort of chance creation. Our strikers were not ideal. But the overarching issue was and is again apparent, that we do not create chances.