Champions League Final [R]

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Fabregasfan, May 12, 2010.

1. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thread for the Champions League Final. Who's gonna win: Bayern or Inter?

2. zemase

zemase New Member

May 13, 2010
    Hanover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a tough call... But Munich has lots of self esteem right now and in one game, everything's possible. Hopefully Munich, I guess it'll be a close 2:1.

3. free bet

free bet New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Club:
    Aalborg BK
    Inter, easily, then jose goes to madrid.

4. Loddar

Loddar Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Herzogenaurach
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    4:1 for Bayern! Inter will go down like Juve!:cool:
    Also Mourinho is just van Gaal´s apprentice. No way he can beat his old master!;)

5. Miganflo

Miganflo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Inter 1 Bayer 0 , Samuel Etoó,s goal.

6. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Leverkusen is not playing this year.

7. Miganflo

Miganflo New Member

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :eek::eek: Sorry, Bayern.

8. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bias aside I think Bayern is the better team. Robben will be the difference. 3-1 Bayern.

9. mugian

mugian New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ''....and eto'o's winner makes a new record of scoring a goal in all the three EPL finals he's played.'' That's will be the final word:D

10. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern München dos Inter cero.

At the end of the game it would be awesome if a Bayern player gives Balotelli an AC Milan Jersey and he tries it on thinking it is a Bayern one.

11. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i want inter to win just becoz of etoo who will be the only player in history to win the trio ( league-cup-cl ) in a row with 2 different clubs , goodluck and ill never forget what you did for barca :)

12. jw07

jw07 Member

May 19, 2008
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A Bayern game,

The germans know how to play through, around and over compact well organized defense oriented teams. And they will defend the counters well enough to win.

The pattern play that has helped them to do well in the World Cup will also help them if they can execute their finishing chances. If not Robben will win it all by himself again. The complete package this year.

The Special One has peaked with this group of players already.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Inter will win it in my opinion

14. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping Barcelona would be in the final but I'm going with Inter. Seems like Jose Mourinho is a man on a mission & a great manager.

15. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    With the worst referee in the world in the middle the result is a toss up, as anything can happen due his bad decision. If anyone else were the umpire I'd say Inter by a goal, probably 2:1. But with this jerk, who the hell knows.

16. Madrid Ftw

Madrid Ftw New Member

May 7, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good luck to Mourinho ;)

17. banok

banok Member

May 26, 2005
    Budapest
  18. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Is the final really going to be on FOX?

19. Oceans of time

Jun 26, 2007
    Chicago
    Any final thoughts on what we should watch for (on FOX)?
    Bayern Munich:
    Attack
    Defense
    Overall Style / Strategy

Inter Milan:
    Attack
    Defense
    Overall Style / Strategy

20. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Master versus Pupil.
    This is going to be one of the best finals of the decade!

21. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Where do I see it on TV in Washington DC area?
    I thouth it was on FSC, but seems like not???
    Pregame show is on right now, but...

Edit: I got it. FOX!!

22. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bayern's attack is very strong. As long as they have enough possession which they should do as Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel are both better than Inter's central midfielders they will score a couple. Inter can score a few though also as Bayern's defense is not that strong. Attack the central defense on the ground and Bayern will be in trouble.

23. Oceans of time

Jun 26, 2007
    Chicago
    This is what I just gleened off of FSC pre-game.

Bayern Munich:
    Attack: Stars in the middle: Robben #10, Schweinsteiger #31.
    Defense: Dutch coach means essentially attack-attack-attack is the best defense.
    Overall Style / Strategy: Constant, beautiful, dutch, circular movement punctuated by audacious german long-range artiliary shots from 40 yards. Philip Lam (#21) fullback attacking defender runs from back to front all day long.)

Inter Milan:
    Attack: Stars up front: Eto'o #9, Sneijder #10. #13 Maicon Counter attacking defender.
    Defense: Disciplined, tight formation when under seige. Good goalie.
    Overall Style / Strategy: Play defense and counter-attack.

Final words: This could actually be one of the great run-of play matches ever. Early Munich goal would help the cause. 80°F/27°C game time temperatures won't.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I find it hard to justify your claim that Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel are superior to Zanetti, Cambiasso and Sneijder. In reality I think Altintop will tuck in to help match Inter man for man but I would still give the edge to the 'Italian' side.

On paper I consider Inter Milan to have superior players in every department. The strength of Bayern Munich is their width which is provided through Robben and Ribery, in addition to Lahm. Unfortunately Ribery misses out and the inclusion of Altintop on the left, if the early formations are to be believed, creates an imbalance particularly with Badstuber behind him. Width, outside of Maicon, is a weakness of Inter so it would have been a good match up but now Bayern rely almost entirely on what Robben and Lahm can provide. On one hand it would have been better for Bayern had Lahm been moved back to the left to compensate for the absence of Ribery but on the other it runs the risk of Maicon cancelling him out. It is a risk I would have considered taking.

Two things might go against Inter in this match up. The first is Olic and Muller constantly harassing Lucio and Samuel. The former has looked back to his best this season but I still think an error or two can be forced out of him while Samuel can get done for pace. The second is Mourinho going with all three strikers up front. If Sneijder can feed them in space I think they will have the beating of Bayern's central defense but if Bayern hold strong I think it creates an opportunity to counter.

Three things might go against Bayern in this match up. The first is
    the imbalance caused by the lack of Ribery might leave Badstuber exposed to Maicon as Altintop effectively needs to cover for the extra man Inter have in midfield in addition to protecting the flank. The second is Eto'o and Chivu create a problem for Lahm as he could get exposed to the sheer pace of Eto'o if he loses possession upfield. The third is the lack of a physical presence up front to hold onto the ball against a strong Inter defence and midfield could give the possession advantage to Inter and limit Bayern's chances to a minimum.

25. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Watch the game and you will.