Champions league and Europa league thread (General)

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by wilson00, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Or have the team plane blown up by a BUK missile

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sad to say, that would not surprise me at all.

3. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Norwegians are honorable people:
    http://www.espnfc.com/russian-premi...der-erik-hagen-makes-match-fixing-allegations

It's also disturbing to read about how UEFA dealt with the 2008 UEFA Cup semi final vs Bayern Munich. I'm actually not so sure whether that was 'fixed', but how UEFA dealt with it was a mixture of amateurism, borderline criminal behavior and negligence (they hired a matchfixer to research it), and sabotage. Bayern themselves openly pressed to see a German investigator fired, and got their way.

But it is also well-known that Russia and Spain can get along well, at the least (regardless of whether the thing below is true). Mutko and Villar are known allies.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-of-planning-to-bribe-World-Cup-referees.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...a-after-making-bribe-allegations-1975077.html

4. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    More or less, but maybe less so narrow. A deservered loss, they throw n huge amount of energy into the game and pressured high which screwed up the build up and lead to turnovers which lead to the goal and could have been more.

Second half they started running out of steam, and we saw a better feyenoord. Got some chances but didnt finish, and Kuyt was very poor all game long funnily enough. Probably more a credit to them that it is a discredit to Kuyt though.

Thats football-related though, and obviously they were expertly milking every challenge and timewasting with every foul, be it a foul or not.

One step away from this game and into the overal european games ive watched these weeks and I watched alot, please lets finally get some god********ingdamn video-referee's.

5. I donot know if it is true, but I heared people complain about the ref giving a goal kick while the one heading the ball over the back line was a Fenerbace player. One even claimed the Fener player almost headed the ball in the face of assistent ref :pright, if true a nice peace of instruction taping:D

6. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    http://www.volkskrant.nl/sport/russ...hash=5288941e33b69160d799650d3502f9a790592d01

781843684631404544 is not a valid tweet id

781845163937333248 is not a valid tweet id

781843389767622656 is not a valid tweet id

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

UEFA is just as corrupt and criminal as the FIFA. No doubt about it.

7. Uhmm Puck...according to my information we werenot punished for the plastic banana. If I recall correctly we were cleared on that point.

But it is possible that my memory isnot functioning properly the last two months and especially the last few weeks because my mind is spinning as my friend I posted about had a serious drop back in her health and because she was terrifyed of the pain she had in the hospital she this week gave up the battle and decided to take no more food or drink. It will be a matter of days before her suffering ends.

8. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hart must be laughing at Pep.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, he would have stayed back and never got the penalty. Of course he would have also conceded a goal because Suarez would have beaten him one on one. At least ManU would not have gone down a player!:D

10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Two good games today, Ajax-Celta and United-Fener.

I'll be watching both games :)

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stroot was on bench the entire game against Vienna

12. Feyenoord was in total control, but in a minute let things turn around.
    The red card ment we had to go down deeper into the reserve energy sources, which already had a bang after the un-Dutch like power match against Heerenveen.
    Wonder how much this is going to count against Go Ahead this sunday. We need to play smart in that match and be very efficient in the spending of our energy.
    It was good to see that even with 10 man we didnot have much trouble to keep control of the match. Only at crucial break outs the final pass was not good enough, so the goal to win it didnot come.
    For Ajax and PSV it must be depressing to see how strong we operate.
    Good to see Ajax did win, in contrast to AZ that hasnot cope well with the selling of key players.
    Well, AZ can learn a thing or two about the defensive collaps in the final 15 minutes.

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ozils winner vs Ludogorets Rezagrad was a pure class. bit similar to what robben did vs Spain but his goal was more classy and cheeky as well.

Ive been following Diego Perotti of Roma for sometime now and looks like he will go on to become a household name. was handful for Roma vs Austria Wien

14. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    gonna link em next to eachother and lets see you reavulate hopefully. Very very different.
    Robben-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZXUse86r1g
    Ozil-

15. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bit similar. Keeper plus two defenders.

16. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watched sporting vs Real.free flowing soccer until that stupid red card from the ref which shifted the balance in Reals favour. Sporting is a good team and gelson Martin will soon make a big money move to a top club. Was a constant threat on that Right flank.

Zeegelaar did well both defensively and offensively. He really fits well in the that 4-4-2 formation. Had a good balance in his game and was always a obstacle when under attack.

Bast dost as usually in high tempo game was often caught positioning himself in right places but to no avail. Only managed to link up otherwise minimal threat up front for varane and ramos to deal with.

12 goal thriller between dortumnd and legia warsaw. Reus with hatrick and welcome back for him in CL.would have been worth watching this game give the number of goal scored.

Tottenham also boomed out after their defeat to Monaco. Not looking good at all for Janssen. Pochettino has reportedly started searching for another striker come Jan transfer window.

17. If they also sell him this winter it will be good for Feyenoord, as we than again get a percentage of the transfer sum as compensation.

18. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Rostov beating Bayern...

PSV will have to draw tonight at least, otherwise no EL.

19. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    PSV having a good game in Madrid.

Pereiro had the biggest chance after a nice work by Bergwijn but he was too slow to score. The midfield is too slow and limited technically, sometimes they need 5 passes to spread the ball on the wing while it could be only one if there was Pirlo.

The defence is shaky as usual but we can't demand too much...At least the game is going both ways, Atletico isn't dominating PSV in the same way they did last year.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^just saw the highlights. Defense couldn't cope as Athleti scored two nice goals in the 2nd half. Rostov win looks to have ended PSV's European adventure. Not as good a performance as last season which isn't going to help the Dutch UEFA coefficient.:( Need to hope Feyenoord can get a result tomorrow and that Ajax can go far in the competition.

EDIT: I guess if they defeat Rostov they will progress to the EL since they would have the head to head advantage but that's the only way.

21. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Hope this won't reduce his game time to near zero. I don't care about his goal scoring in the EPL as long as his allround game doesn't suffer. He is currently the only complete striker available to the NT.

Van Persie had an amazing goal scoring record but Wenger had transformed him in to something the NT couldn't use.

22. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I never know if it's head to head or goals difference :(

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With the last round of games in groups complete let's see whats in store for Last 16.
    PSG
    Napoli
    Dortmund
    Juventus
    Barcelona
    Monaco
    Atletico Madrid
    Leicester.
    (Seeded teams)

Arsenal
    Bayern
    Benefica
    Leverkusen
    Porto
    Man city
    Real Madrid
    Sevilla
    ( unseeded teams)

Even though teams from same country cannot be drawn together,I think its has turned out evenly as when you compare both groups.

Barcelonas biggest obstacle will be Bayern if drawn together and real Madrid ,Juventus if drawn together also .if not I see both spanis giants qualifying for QFs. The rest can fight on their own.

24. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Champions League 2018-2021 reform ... full details of the access list have been shared with FAs (maybe EPFL can tweak it a little before the March deadline) ... it's along the lines of the leaks but hasn't been made public yet ... Holland will lose a direct CL berth and the cut-off moves to top 10 (instead of top 12) ... in the 2018/19 Champions League the 2018 Eredivisie champions will have to go through qualifiers with all the other champions without a direct berth (45 clubs and only 4 CL berths).

http://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/themas/fi...peelt-vanaf-201819-vrijwel-zeker-voorronde-cl

Europa League 2018-2021 ... still 27 direct berths (total of 48 teams in group phase)

Cup winner + 5th placed team countries 1-4
    Cup winner + 4th placed team country 5
    Cup winner countries 6-12
    4 losers CR play-offs
    4 losers LR Qs
    2 losers LR play-offs

8 Champions will have CR Qs (3 rounds)
    13 teams via other Qs (4 rounds + preliminary round)

http://www.uefa.org/mediaservices/newsid=2430054.html#lyon+host+2018+uefa+europa+league+final
    https://apnews.com/84651f7ce7604955...-about-FIFA's-proposals-on-expanded-World-Cup

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^They only want the top four leagues to play CL football so that there isn't a break away movement by those FAs to set up their own. Big clubs have essentially blackmailed UEFA. If this goes through I don't see Dutch clubs playing CL football unless one of them wins the EL and qualifies that way. It's too sad for European football but this is where the money is leading them.