CFU Club Championship

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by FlashEP, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    get it soon.;)

2. Cocopelli

Cocopelli New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Warlord haven't seen the Islanders play. I have seen the Connection played 2 times.
    And I tell you, theres a new contender in the caribbean and Islanders FC will be champions of the CFU. But only time will tell when.

And Warlord, check the ttproleague site, for an unbiassed brief of the match: http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=198&Itemid=2

And as you can see, everything was Islanders, the Connection has no other choice but to defend

3. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Jabloteh (T&T) rounds out the semifinal List with 5 nil win against home team New Vibes. IN group D Jabloteh has scored 17 goals and conceded none.
    We now await the semifinal matchups.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    You're right I havent seen the islanders play so I don't know them but WConnection is much better than you seem to think. They have 2 CFU titles in their seven year history, and that right there says alot. Before you think you could be better than them or any of my NPL teams Harbourview, Portmore United or Tivoli Gardens you will need a decade to oust any of them for a CFU title.;)

If you haven't noticed, Jamaican and Trinidad clubs have won the CFU titles no Haitian club teams or any other club team from another island have won in recent years. So you may have a contender but you are dreaming if you think the islanders will win a CFU title anytime soon;)

And no I don't always read reports .I like to see video clips so that I can have a better idea of what transpired.

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That's an amazing stat for the San Juan team. Scoring 17 goals while conceding none is very impressive but the question is that maybe they were a few levels above their opponents.

Maybe San Juan Jabloteh should've been in the same group with the islanders:)

6. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders

Yeah next time TT fans need to trust me better i may be a "Naranja" on the inside but if my team is sucking ill say my team is sucking and when we play great ill say it to, I don't distort the facts, I even gave you the exact number of shot on target by both teams and i wasn't even on the stadium that day. I have pretty reliable un-biased sources. And another thing sense when do we have 5 Panamanians and or stadium is called national stadium.

7. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Warlord leave the Islander fans alone please.:)
    If they want to dearm of CFU glory then get them.:D
    We both know that only a Trini team or Jam team will take the cup.:cool:

8. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    who is 80ball? he's a nobody on this forum:D

9. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

even if the islanders do win the whole thing , in the ccc they will be an american 2nd division team playing amongst the best 1st division teams,

In the CFU , they are decent but playing a Mexican, MLS, Honduras, Guatemala and CR side the Islanders would struggle.

10. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    The last time a cfu club won the concacaf champions'cup it was a Haitian club:p

BTW, Haitian clubs often forfeit their participations in the cfu competitions. Trini and Jamaican clubs were quite unopposed in the past few cfu competitions. That's why they have represented the region so many times in the past ten years or so. if you know Caribbean Football, you would have noticed that some Countries/territories in the Caribbean have clubs that can easily win any regional tournament.

11. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    WRONG. The last CFU team to win was Defence Force (T&T) in 1985.
    Violette of Haiti won in 1984.

Haiti has won it two times.
    T&T has won it once and has had three finalist DF in 87,88 and Police in 91.
    Surinam has been the most succesful CFU country. They won it two times and have been second 8 times.

12. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    San Juan Jabloteh still had the easiest group schedule, there were no other major contenders in group D......NONE

Baltimore SC scored 6 goals and also conceded none in their group, and keep in mind they had the Jamaican league champs(Waterhouse) and a pesky UNDEBA squad.

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

wait didn't Portmore United (2005) and Harbourview(2004) play games against other teams to win the CFU titles? What are you talking about they were unopposed in past CFU tournaments? As always you spew shite from your mouth all the time but that is expected since you're Haitian.:D

And another thing before you wanna talk about what Haitian clubs have achieved vs other islands do some research. You haven't won a Concacaf Cup let alone a CFU title in 22 years:eek:

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That's what i suggested in a previous post. They may have played against teams that are 2or3 levels below them, but you cannot take anything away from Jabloteh's victories.

They obviously have the fire power upfront. There's a few good young players on that squad.

15. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    wow kid, you talk about Haiti more than I do :D

16. Cocopelli

Cocopelli New Member

Jul 22, 2006

That may be true. The Islanders could struggle, and thats ok with me, because thats exactly what we need, to prove ourselves against the best of the region.
    We played the Connection, an ex-champ and excelent team and the Islanders perform a the level expected from a champ. Now its a matter of time, experience and keep playing the best team of the region.

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That's because you haven't won anything for a very long time!:eek: :eek:

18. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    .........so that's why you like talking about us???:cool:

19. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Why not talk about Jamaica's numerous recent accomplishments instead of talkin about Haiti, a team that has nothing to offer...????

20. Cocopelli

Cocopelli New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    I wouldnt said so. Any club from Haiti is a force to be dealt with. Ignore that and you loose...

21. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    [​IMG] Qualified from Group A.

[​IMG] Qualified from Group B.

22. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    [​IMG] Qualified from Group C.

[​IMG]Qualified from Group D.

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Jamaican clubs have achieved more success in recent years than all of your club teams put together!;)

And well on the national front we went to the WC 8 yrs ago while you went there 22 yrs ago when Germany was still divided into East and West:eek: :eek:

24. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    naw, i just like pointing out the obvious everytime i get a chance to.:D

25. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    aight kid, good for you:D